Do you get bored in long tournaments?

A

alextepi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes, and that's why I could not reach the final table.

chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thev best preparation is playing long tournaments especially if your interested in playing in any large MTT,like the sunday mill or storm.when you always play turbo's, hypers, it is hard to adjust to longer blinds,just my thoughts

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The same thing happens to me, so I try not to play long tournaments, I play mostly tournaments with a small number of rivals

Djmickre

Djmickre

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Long tournaments can be tedious and hard to keep focus.

The Boss

The Boss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No because in long tournaments you end up in tables for such a decent period of time that you can start analyzing your opponent's tendencies and plays to eventually exploit, which is of great benefit.

supernuts25

supernuts25

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all day

Sometimes i will play 2 tournaments, it keep busy and you will not get bored.
Once i played 3 tournaments at the same time, but it did not work out. I had to put one of them on autoplay.

auto play ? what do u mean

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i start playing really well, but, passing two hours i get bored...its too long...what do you think?
I think...... Tournament poker is not for you!!!To play in a standard poker tournament, you can expect to being playing for over eight hours if you do not get knocked out before hand, and beyond that.

So Yes...... I do not think you are meant to play tournaments if two hours is your limit before you get distracted and bored.

I

imdabest101

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I am playing online, I like to have some white noise in the background. Perhaps some music or a tv show could help you during the grind.

M

Manifestor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so I often play 2-3 tournaments, plus I watch another movie and poker does not get boring)

Mare10

Mare10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont give limit for yourself thray to do trening for your paticience..fast turnament for me have more bad think them slow

F

FreeDom1998

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course - it's tiresome ...
But you need to understand why you are doing this ...
There are people - for whom this is the whole life (earnings)
There are people - who want to just have fun (relax)

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also get bored when I play very long for 3 -4 - 5 or more hours in the tournament, I start watching TV or playing in a cash game so I was not bored!

L

leon_fush

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well it happens quite often ... it can change the type of tournament turbo or gle fixed players 180-360 where the game goes rather dynamically and quickly ends compared to other tournaments. Well, or find yourself another entertainment for watching the movie, but it's distracting from games)))

A

alextepi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that's the reason I'm loosing not getting in the money.:aetsch:

8CrazyEights8

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No bored, but sometimes I feel like a low feverish state, I do a lot of mental effort and sometimes I have to stop for to wash my face and the nape. Anyone else feel this?

pr0serbian

pr0serbian

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah if i play for hours just one tortumant at the time,and im like card dead for half hour or more sure i get board...my advice is play more tortumantes at once,listen to some music maybe if you are on one table only there is time to watch some stuff on youtube

H

HodCohen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I get bored during the tournament, I'll check out the chip leader's table and keep an eye on how they're playing. Varies depending on the tourney. $55 turbo of pokerstars, it's interesting to watch Liv Beoree or whoever play. $11 Sunday Storm, yeah, I'll have some SnGs running to kill the boredom.

keokeokk

keokeokk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good I like the slow tournaments ... I bet my chips at the beginning of the tournaments because the stakes are low so the risk is small and to hit something good ... time helps us and also damages the players get tired and this it is a one slip advantage and you are guaranteed at the final table .. and vice versa ...

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't get bored but I hate playing for 4-6 hours just to lose to a coin flip.I get tilted hard when that happens. Each hand needs to be watched for information.

G

Gyivo66

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
J

I love snowball tournaments, a lot of weak players, I need a lot of patience !!:boring::confused:

C

chinito2410

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can never get bored of playing a tournament betting real money or that the prize is money, if it can happen to you in a tournament with fictitious money.
The adrenaline generated by each play you call and each time the flop cards are turned over is incredible.
I love poker!

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
if cardchat tournaments are "long" then who knows

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree that playing more tournaments is good advice! But when I was just starting out with playing online I also found that I would make errors due to impatience.

I found a rather unconventional solution for that by combining online poker with knitting lol. Knitting served the function both of clearing my mind as I played and also keeping my hands occupied so that I played every hand more thoughtfully. Unconventional yes but it sure worked for me in the early days :D