Do Freerolls tournaments help beginners learn?

J

JCOlivier89

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to know if these PS satellites with small and hyper-blinds help to improve, because they have a lot of clutter, are they worth playing, or is it better to start playing in micro buy-in?

Tadi

Tadi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
It is better to play on micro bets, for example sit go tournaments for 25 cents.

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I would like to know if these PS satellites with small and hyper-blinds help to improve, because they have a lot of clutter, are they worth playing, or is it better to start playing in micro buy-in?
It is best to start with freerolls, but only freerolls from our community. CardsChat freerolls have an ideal structure and format for improving skills. As far as hyper freerolls go, it's more of a lottery than poker.

ramorleans

ramorleans

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, I play freeroll, micro, low, and high stakes poker. In my opinion, each stake has a different level of players. And my honest answer to your question is whether freerolls or micros will help improve your game. Yes, it will help you learn how to play poker and experience different types of variance, but it will not help you improve your skills if you have a plan to play at a higher level. If you can call an A high or a bottom pair like deuces against someone who shoves a value bet or bluffs against your whole stack, then go play in mid-stakes or any upper stakes. I'm not saying micro-low and freeroll players are not good. Most who play at that level have long-term goals and correct their expectations with their day-to-day goals. But if you really want to learn and improve your skills at some crazy level, you must go up against players who play in the low-mid-high stakes; most of them don't play the cards; they play poker against themselves and your mind. It's hard to describe the actual feelings and the roller coaster of emotions that you will encounter.

So my point is, most players in the micro that you will encounter will shove all in with A high and some pockets pre-flop since the stakes are affordable and they could just re-buy all the time, while in the upper level you really need to maximize your time bank by thinking and evaluating if your decision is correct and what your next action is after your raise pre-flop.

This is my only opinion and perspective on how I see the different types of players on each level.

ADDENDUM:

You can read and watch all the learning materials available online, and they will help you gain a proper mindset but not your gameplay. People who wrote those lessons shared their 80% of strategies to help our game, but it doesn't always work like that. Those successful players only share 70–80% of their skills, not the actual 100%. And those lessons are very effective, especially for them, but that doesn't mean that they're also effective if you apply all of them. Just pick some good strategies that suit your style and apply them through trial and error.

Last edited:
dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Definitely. It is not only good for practicing card combinations and dealing with different situations, but also gives you the opportunity to win real money without risking money. Thanks to Cardschat, there are plenty of freeroll opportunities in different poker rooms.

P

pltelles

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
for sure, the best way to learn is to play, to have experience, gaining confidence.

rvnhss

rvnhss

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Most of those satellites are luck based as you don't have enough hands to play properly. That being said, if you do get lucky at the start and build a decent stack, then the games become more "normal" and a good poker strategy can be used.

As far as learning goes, these will help you practice short-stack plays as most of the time you'll be short-stacked. I've made it a habit of late registering for most tournaments and the volume I've played this way has helped me learn better short-stack plays, but it's hit and miss, and sometimes you just get unlucky.

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Hello.
If you want to use freerolls for training, then Cardschat is really the perfect place for this.
I'm not talking about the bronze freerolls that you start your journey with here in the community.
I'm talking about platinum freerolls. Participants who stay in the community and upgrade their level to platinum get the opportunity to play in great freerolls. And it is in them that you will be able to focus your skills, since you will not face thousands of rivals, you will play with the same participants and will be able to take notes and manage your game, making decisions carefully.

RENEY444

RENEY444

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any tourneys you enter will be good experience , freeroll, real money MTT , sng , bounty or PKO .If you pay attention you can add a bit of knowledge + skill almost every time .

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Small stacks and hyper level blinds are not going to help you long term. I do believe you would be better playing micro stakes. Listen to what Chica Bonita said above me. She is correct and if you join in our community, you will get the chance to play in our freerolls and they will give you a great opportunity to gain experience.

juan1579

juan1579

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think they don't help you learn to play poker well, mostly they work to make a bank from scratch

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I think for beginners tournaments are important and help to feel the atmosphere of competition .

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I think for beginners tournaments are important and help to feel the atmosphere of competition .
Of course this is so, because a beginner wants to try to play without risking anything and freerolls help him in this. 🙂
But, for both experienced players and beginners, the quality of freerolls plays a very important role.
What will a beginner learn by playing freerolls with several thousand rivals? Perhaps he will learn to love bingo, since constant All-Ins in the early stages is already a pattern for freerolls🙈🙊🙉😆😄. Taking notes in such freerolls also makes no sense, because it will not be effective.
This is what distinguishes Cardschat (platinum level) freerolls from other freerolls. Participants can really raise the level of their game by playing here.
VIP tournaments Cardschat are also high-quality tournaments.
In fact, all Cardschat events are great for development and learning.🙂

ramorleans

ramorleans

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course this is so, because a beginner wants to try to play without risking anything and freerolls help him in this. 🙂
But, for both experienced players and beginners, the quality of freerolls plays a very important role.
What will a beginner learn by playing freerolls with several thousand rivals? Perhaps he will learn to love bingo, since constant All-Ins in the early stages is already a pattern for freerolls🙈🙊🙉😆😄. Taking notes in such freerolls also makes no sense, because it will not be effective.
This is what distinguishes Cardschat (platinum level) freerolls from other freerolls. Participants can really raise the level of their game by playing here.
VIP tournaments Cardschat are also high-quality tournaments.
In fact, all Cardschat events are great for development and learning.🙂
I couldn't agree more. I read some comments a few weeks ago that users who stay here are only for freerolls or don't have bankrolls. I didn't react to that, and I let it pass my screen.

I'm one of the best examples of "work in progress." I play low-high and am still playing the Cardschat freeroll, because why not? The tournaments structure of CC are explicit and the community here are outstanding. I'm speaking from my very own experience here and that's the reason why I keeping my self active here because I feel like Im absorbing a lot of positivity and great knowledge here.

To those who are new and would like to start their bankroll from scratch. I suggest you guys make a minimum deposit (at least) as you can enjoy perks and bonuses while grinding your bankroll all the way to the top. I wish you all the best and good luck! It's never been easy.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I consider any hyper tournaments as a game of roulette and I think they do not contribute to improving skills. If you want to improve your skills playing freerolls, then you need regular freerolls where the blinds increase every 10 minutes.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Almost any poker game is good practice to anyone wanting to learn the game, But I would stay clear of "Hyper" Tournaments as they are way too fast and soon become All-in Fest's. The CC freerolls are perfect for beginners as the Blind structure is reasonable and you do have time to think.
Also they cost nothing to play so you can get a good grounding in the game.

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
In a way I think freerolls help beginners, no matter what you play you will always have something positive or negative, it can help you to read other players, to face super aggressive players (this from the point of view of freerolls where more bingo is played than poker), in more serious frerolls such as cardschat you will always learn and improve, it can help you trust your intuition a bit and many things, as you play more and more you will be able to see your progress or what you have learned

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
It is better to play on micro bets, for example sit go tournaments for 25 cents.
And I think there is no difference between freerolls and tournaments for 25 cents. And to learn how to play, you need to watch how profitable players play.

GERSteven

GERSteven

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I think all poker games are educational and can improve your poker game.

In my opinion are
all tournaments with low entry fees, bingo games and don't make a big difference to freerolls for me personally.

Patience in poker is a key component to being successful, which is a great way to learn by playing freerolls or doing it like the others and playing bingo.

If you want to learn and win without depositing anything then I can only recommend CC games.(y)

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
try to just make some money there and then participate in them at micro limits there you will understand more how people play and you will play better, you just need to win some money or make a deposit and play them will be better and more useful than you learn freerolls in quick games there you won't learn much there they play from luck

PupsikCat

PupsikCat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips
freerolls are a path to degradation if you try to understand the first hour of the game)) after that the field becomes more or less thinking!

_420_420_

_420_420_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Many times people play wild in freeroll games, they are just playing for fun or are trying to play some bingo basically with the freeroll. You can tell who these players are, don't be like them. Even with low level play, you can still improve your game. Over time you will get better the more you play it doesn't matter the stakes or if it's a freeroll.

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Personally, I think that it'll take a lot of time learn just by playing, in any level.
In these kind of games you could practice short stack strategy.
But if you want to practice general strategy, normal speed freerolls or low buy in games would be better

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
freerolls are a path to degradation if you try to understand the first hour of the game)) after that the field becomes more or less thinking!
It's funny that you say that, because you play exactly like that, every hand is bingo for you. Always a dream to be at the same table as you in freerolls

Freeroll Passwords