Do Freerolls tournaments help beginners learn?

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a Freeroll. Even if they don't help you as much as buy-in tourneys, there is a still lot to learn..

oarroyo

oarroyo

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PY
Chips
It helps a lot if they are serious!!

aurora1207

aurora1207

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Of course , the best way to learn is to play and to have experience.

MrCryJoker

MrCryJoker

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I would like to know if these PS satellites with small and hyper-blinds help to improve, because they have a lot of clutter, are they worth playing, or is it better to start playing in micro buy-in?
The best thing is the normal speed and the deep stack, as in CC freerolls. The others have a very high rate of blinder growth over time.

nameless

nameless

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Well iyou have to be carefull you cant learn how to play properly just by playing freerolls but is the best escenario to learn without using your money.. u should check articles and how you should play.. the hands you should play from what position and trying to practice your strategy and improving it
The hiper freerolls in pokerstars is more bingo .. most players just dont fold and marry with his hand..
Y recommend you play sit and go or cash tables what you play better and go play and increase your level as your bankroll step by step ..
Dont rush to many levels i did that.. and i wasnt ready to play with better players.
I wish you the best and check this site to improve
Best of luck

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
The freerolls that Cardschat share with us, yes because a lot of player, play using a strategies that help you to improve your skills.
If you get the platinum level you can get this benefits besides they give a course to improve your knowledge in poker.

olejean

olejean

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I recommend starting with normal freerolls only but not hyper which are inefficient in practice. After you understand the specifics and features of the online poker game and gain experience at the same time, you can gradually increase the stakes.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Freerolls ruin novice players, because it is unrealistic to play there with a weak psyche and nerves. Too aggressive players, they play with any garbage, but of course you can win some money there.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
You can read all the books you want, and play as much GTA on the Playstation, but until you sit behind the Wheel of a car you will never learn how to Drive! It's the same with Poker the only way to learn is to play!
Freerolls are the perfect way to learn the game without it costing you money, once you become proficient playing freerolls then you can start playing micro stake games and work your way up through the different levels, as each require a better understanding of the game.
Rome wasn't built in a day, and you need to learn how to walk before you can run! So it is in Poker! Patience is the Key!

IRINA70

IRINA70

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Freerolls are different and in order to understand what style you should play in each of them, you really need to play a lot and gain gaming experience and skills. It is also necessary to study the theory and bring it into your practice.

stampide

stampide

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think most better play micro buy-in!

JeffSBrito

JeffSBrito

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe that playing freerolls is an interesting way to learn poker. Freerolls offer the opportunity to play at no cost and take on a variety of players, from beginners to more experienced players. This allows me to gain practical experience, test strategies, and improve my game reading skills. What's more, playing freerolls can be a fun and exciting way to participate in tournaments and have a chance to win prizes, even if they're not big.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can develop anywhere if someone has the determination to strive for it.
Cardschat provides you with excellent opportunities for this in every way, on the forum you can find conversations and analyzes that help development in different threads.
Good luck!:)

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Just play games to gather experience. The satellites and the freerolls are very good for exercise your game and your tactics.

JetmirDulja

JetmirDulja

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Yes they do but only if they want to .. and not just go all in for fun …

MrCryJoker

MrCryJoker

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I would like to know if these PS satellites with small and hyper-blinds help to improve, because they have a lot of clutter, are they worth playing, or is it better to start playing in micro buy-in?
I think that just a game will not help anyone, you need to watch a video with commentary proffesionals, read books, solve problems, do analysis. If you want to be the best you need to do what others do not.

YuriSLopes

YuriSLopes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've seen a few stating that it depends on the freeroll and I couldn't agree more.

Like... Freerolls from CC are bit more technical and can aid you with some good poker practices but not all freerolls are good for learning.

I'd recommend playing tighter in relation to the freerolls accessibility and diversify when you get to more specific and hard to get to freerolls.

Best time for y'all at the felt.

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
CardsChat freerolls, as mentioned above, are ideal for understanding games with a classic time of 10 minutes. Hyper tournaments are more like a lottery, but it is quite necessary to play them, but do not get carried away.

Stringy

Stringy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
if you're patient enough then i think so

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you are a beginner, freerolls are the way to go.

K

Kurchina

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BA
Chips
Good freerolls do, but very few of those nowadays. Most freerolls are just shove/fold. And you won't really learn anything like that. That said, it can still be a valuable experience.

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
IMO they don't help improving skills : too many players and no time enough to set up your strategy.
It's better to start with micro buy-in MTTs or Sit and Go.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It's not bad to start, so you can see how some players play, it will help you to adapt to different styles of play without compromising your bankroll, the problem with these types of tournaments is that people tend to play in a very crazy way and they don't care much with what they bet and how they bet, for a little more serious games and implement knowledge play sng micro

T

topi2k22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
HU
Chips
Yes, they do, definitely. But beginners should keep in mind that: 1. since there is no risk of losing money some players do stupid moves relying on pure luck (which they would rarely do probably if they had to risk real money) and sometimes they are lucky enough to win with ridiculous hands that can put you on tilt; 2. freerolls can give you decent tournament experience but you may not (or cannot / should not) play with the exact same strategy with the same efficiency when the stakes are higher or the game/tournament type is different.

Freeroll Passwords