***August Sit n Go Thread***

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm finding it hard to get motivatated to have SNGs just crush my dreams. I'm trying to move up in stakes this month and the swings are just hard to accept, athough there not out of the ordinary as far as buyins. I'm just not used to seeing my BR drop in cash so quickly. It also seems the $10s at fulltilt play alot differently than the $5s do. But I'm not making any strategy adjustments until I got some proof this is actually true or not.

Biggest difference for me so far (playing the $12 turbos, not the $11 regulars) is that there's a lot more decent regs playing 4+ tables.

The average player is still fairly bad. There are still droolers and spewtards, but not quite as many of them. So far for me the big thing has been plugging leaks I've got that weren't really being punished at the $6 level but that the $12 players were picking up on. Not so much making fundamental adjustments to my game or anything.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry but no way am I allowing a link to that spammy website.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Almost halfway through the month and finally I log a winning session! Hopefully it turns around from here.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Biggest difference for me so far (playing the $12 turbos, not the $11 regulars) is that there's a lot more decent regs playing 4+ tables.

The average player is still fairly bad. There are still droolers and spewtards, but not quite as many of them. So far for me the big thing has been plugging leaks I've got that weren't really being punished at the $6 level but that the $12 players were picking up on. Not so much making fundamental adjustments to my game or anything.

I actually see less regs at the $10s than I saw at the $5s and $2s. But another thing it seems like there are less 1st and 2nd blind level KOs. It seems like players are less likely to spew off there chips early in the $10s but I really haven't play enough to know for sure. It does seem that I might be able to open up a bit in early game and steal some more blinds and smallish pots. I'm sort of mixing the $5 and $10 buyins right now hoping to be rolled for all $10s by end of the month.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I actually see less regs at the $10s than I saw at the $5s and $2s. But another thing it seems like there are less 1st and 2nd blind level KOs. It seems like players are less likely to spew off there chips early in the $10s but I really haven't play enough to know for sure. It does seem that I might be able to open up a bit in early game and steal some more blinds and smallish pots. I'm sort of mixing the $5 and $10 buyins right now hoping to be rolled for all $10s by end of the month.

Interesting - maybe they're all in the turbos and not the regular speed games?

Either way, all the best making your goal :)

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ugh. Put in about 40 $1 6-max turbo SNGs in today, 12-16 tabling. I find multi-tabling a lot of games at once takes the ease of of a beat. A bad beat at one table followed by a win another table or two. Constant action, almost no time to be bummed about the beat. Unless maybe it's a long string of beats throughout all of the tables...then that would suck. But IMO, more tables to focus on, less time to focus on the stuff that hurts.

...Not sure if I ran super bad, but I broke even for about 30 games in a row. And then ended the night down about $3 from where I originally started. Everyone was just hitting better hands against me or busting my better hand. And when it got heads-up, the beats continued. Many times where I should've taken it down and won, but a beat forced me into eventually taking second. I think for my session, I won 4 games HU and then a hand full of 2nd place finishes. If it weren't for the 2nd place finishes, I would've ended my session in the negatives.

Overall, I'm happy with my game. I think I made a lot of right moves at the right times. Ran into a few coolers, ran into spots where I got it in good but didn't hold up, and ran into a few traps-but overall, I think I did well.

Also like the stats I'm running as well: 27/22/3.25 and a current ROI of 9.9%. However, I have < 100 games tracked so far. I plan on trying to get in at 350-500 or possibly more games by end of Aug. At this time, this little break even streak means nothing, just like the beats and losses. I'm more interested in how I'm doing after a few thousand games. Hopefully, I'll still be running similar stats and similar or better ROI%.

Last edited:
P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh and since I'm here, I might as well post my goals for the month...even though I'm a bit late.

-Play a shatload of SNGs. I'm looking to get in a high volume of games. It's a bit difficult given my current BR, but once I build it up I want to be putting in 300-500 SNGs a week or at least 2-2.5K a month.

-Focus mostly on playing SNGs. probably not possible this month, but I'm sure I can get gold ironman status with the high volume of games I looking to put in. If not, then silver at least. So, look into how many games I would need to unlock silver or gold, or possibly ironman status in sept-jan.

-Keep playing.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You might want to try knocking the number of tables you play at a time down. Playing 12-16 turbos and getting on the bubble in enough of them can get very fast and confusing. I would try 8 at the most and see if you don't come out better.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Got another one of those ranges discussions if people are up for it:

$12 9-player turbo, 80/160 blinds

Seat 2: Multitabling Reg (2,370)
Seat 4: Standard Player 1 (4,930)
Seat 5: OzExorcist (1,475)
Seat 6: Aggro Player (2,645)
Seat 7: Standard Player 2 (2,080)

Standard Player 1 posts the small blind of 80
OzExorcist posts the big blind of 160
The button is in seat #2

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to OzExorcist [X X]
Aggro Player folds
Standard Player 2 folds
Multitabling Reg folds
Standard Player 1 raises to 480
OzExorcist does what with what?

Essentially, what can we push here? I'm obviously assuming we're folding hands we don't push.

I think that DG's range(AQs+ 99+) is far too the tight here. Folding AQo is an absolute sin. Sure a standard players range here may be tighter than say a regulars. But he has a big stack, and even muppets know to raise wide with a big stack.

So the range i'm taken here is something like ATs+ 77+, and i'd say it's probably fine to shove a slightly wider range than that. Also if you look at table position, we're the shortest stack here, with an aggro player who is more likely to call our shoves in the future. Seems like if we think about that stuff, that somehting like A9s+ and 66+ wouldnt be out of the question. The other side is that he raised kind of big, i feel we still have fold equity here, but not much, so i revert back to my original range of something around ATs+ 77+

Last edited:
dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, I'm tighter than dick's hatband, so Wizzim is probably right.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just got my wisdom teeth out, I'm drugged up on Vicodin weeeeee. Obv the perfect time to play poker right?

I've used PT3 for the past year, however I'm downloading the trial version of HEM to see what it's like. I wanna checkout WizHUD and see if it makes buying HEM worth it, or see if I can find a better way to use PT3 and SNGWiz together.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just got my wisdom teeth out, I'm drugged up on Vicodin weeeeee. Obv the perfect time to play poker right?

I've used PT3 for the past year, however I'm downloading the trial version of HEM to see what it's like. I wanna checkout WizHUD and see if it makes buying HEM worth it, or see if I can find a better way to use PT3 and SNGWiz together.

I hardly ever even use wizhud anymore. Although I should use it more for the nash hotkey. I don't use PT3 but in HEM there is a way to right click and copy all hands to clip board then it's easy to just paste them into sngwiz. Maybe PT3 has to copy hands to clip board too.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hardly ever even use wizhud anymore. Although I should use it more for the nash hotkey. I don't use PT3 but in HEM there is a way to right click and copy all hands to clip board then it's easy to just paste them into sngwiz. Maybe PT3 has to copy hands to clip board too.

I believe I can copy to clipboard with PT3. Does that copy the stats over though?

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe I can copy to clipboard with PT3. Does that copy the stats over though?

no just put in 15% for a calling range. what i do is filter for spots. eg. 4+ players 10BBs from the CO. Then I'll look at all those spots and try to find a common shoving range. I use something around the top 10% here. But I study those spots to find what variables will change the range I shove and how. So knowing the villians stats when I review on sngwiz won't really matter.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
4+ players 10BBs from the CO

Is that 10BBs+ or -?

I'm about to give up and get rid of wizard because I really don't know how to utilize it correctly.

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After not really playing much poker at all for a while I have 60ish t$ too use sO I guess its time to get the sng hat on and try some turbos on FT 2 or 3 tables too start off with I think I also have just started to study Moshmans book primallary to start myself actually playing poker instead of sitting around playing bejewelled blitz and watching dodgy tv. Also got pokerstove so will spend some time each morning going through some hands from the night before.

Since I have not really played turbos and was an 18 man snger will be intresting to see how I fare, I feel my early game is ok, my middle game needs an amaing amount of work and I actually have to tone down how I play ITM and actually take notice of the villians plays. So a cuppa tea then play a few games see if I can play!

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is that 10BBs+ or -?

I'm about to give up and get rid of wizard because I really don't know how to utilize it correctly.

Don't get too frustrated, I'm sure you could find a video on how to use it somewhere. I'm still learning too, and it sounds like people like WiZZiM and cardplayer52 know a lot about it and are willing to help.

bolda3

bolda3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, but if this guy has been raising in a lot of bvb situations, then shoving with AQo isn't too bad.

In other news... morons that spewtard shove 83% of their hands suck out with the dumbest shit.
That's just gross

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is that 10BBs+ or -?

I think I made the effective stacks 9-11BBs. Catch me on skype I'll give you(or anybody) a good run through. What I'm trying to get at is I filter using HEM for specific spots then study them in SNGWIZ.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I made the effective stacks 9-11BBs. Catch me on skype I'll give you(or anybody) a good run through. What I'm trying to get at is I filter using HEM for specific spots then study them in SNGWIZ.

Okay, next time I catch you on, I'll take you up on that. Thanks CP.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Got bronze Ironman locked up for the month, good deal earlier than July which is a relief.

Gonna keep shooting for silver, gold is even still possible at the moment. Anyone know what kind of penalty there is if I make gold this month but miss it and only get silver or something next month, BTW?