***August Sit n Go Thread***

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's what I thought too, I punched it into SNGWiz and it disagrees... I tried to adjust the ranges from tight at 9% and 11%, to loose at 16% and 18%, and both suggested a fold. When I put myself in the SB though, my range became pretty wide, suggesting the top 20%.

There might be something I'm not accounting for, but either way, I thought that was pretty interesting.

Attachments

• sngwiz.1.jpg
    sngwiz.1.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 172
  • sngwiz.2.jpg
    sngwiz.2.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 172
  • sngwiz.3.jpg
    sngwiz.3.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 172
cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
couple things one its the bubble. you need to tighten up the shoving range on the bubble. if you split the chips up and added 2 more players i'd venture to guess the A7s would be a 10bb shove on the button. the fact you have 2nd place equity and are risking more than you are rewarded. These are good spots to study. plug these numbers in and change you hand to AJo,ATs,88 then see what ATo,A9s,77+(the best hands you fold)has for equity in this spot. also change you stack in this spot with the smallest stack and it becomes a good shove i'm sure. my tip 10bbs from the button put SB and BB on 15% calling range each. 10bbs from SB put the BB on 22%. Unless there are extreme cases or better reads. Watch what SNG does with the edge keep it at .2 unless you getting low on blinds or use .1 for really tough games and super turbos. Ya and don't use the tight,loose for opponants actually plug in there ranges(again 15% is a good starting range).

Last edited:
dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, I guess I could see a fold here with the big stack being in the big blind. You really wouldn't want to walk into AK or any PP with A7s. Pretty much any call and any flop (minus all clubs or 77) is going to be a bad one.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
SNG Wiz does not take into account things like bubble situations which is why you need to be so careful if you are going to use it. It can really mess your game up if you don't know all of these things.

iamhukleberry

iamhukleberry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hmm i have never seen the sng wizard..is it a practice yool or what??anyway my august i plan to try and finally cash in a freeroll of 7500 at least twice..and try to cut down on my donkey play...

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm pretty sure Wiz knows when there are 4 people at the table. :p

I was told when it tells you to shove or fold it does not take into consideration that you need to play tighter on the bubble. (By a very reliable source who uses it daily)

gallopingael

gallopingael

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was told when it tells you to shove or fold it does not take into consideration that you need to play tighter on the bubble. (By a very reliable source who uses it daily)

On the surface, I'm not sure I buy the argument.

That being said, I could be swayed if a convincing argument could be made.

billdogg

billdogg

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Woot! Won my first 5.50 SNG after 2 tries. Definitely a nice payout after being used to the 2.20's.

Now back to proper BRM....

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would stick to that b/r management. It will make a huge difference in the long run.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well i think the downswing is over, well and truly. I've made back all my losses and am finally back in the black again this month. Runnig at about 50%ROI in the last two days. nice.

Going for gold this month, which translates into ~1400 3.40 turbos.

I asked in last months SNG thread if some of you would take a look at some of my HH's, i really want to get some perspective on my game, especially ITM play. I know some of you replied already, and ill PM you guys shortly, but would anyone else care to take a look at some HH's of mine, the more the merrier. And i am also very happy to take a look at yours in return, i figure if we swap some HH's around we can really get some discussion points going for this thread. And if not, it's always a good idea to get outside perspectives of your game.

cool32steve

cool32steve

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
but would anyone else care to take a look at some HH's of mine, the more the merrier.

I wouldn't mind, If you wouldn't mind me seeing them. I have just started playing sit n gos. Not sure what I could see in them as I play mostly deeper stacked, non turbo multi table sit n gos, but I could try....

cool32steve

cool32steve

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh, and by the way.... I am only playing tournaments because I am too broke to play anything else, lol. July was horrible to me, and only have bankroll enough to play .25 90 player sit n gos.

But the good news is that I have played 418 of them in the past, and my ROI is just above 48%, so I may be on to something. I plan to find out this month.:cool:

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, SNGers. I'm going to play some SNG's this month. Will be in this thread a lot. Going to start from the bottom and work my way up. $1.20's here I come!!!

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't mind, If you wouldn't mind me seeing them. I have just started playing sit n gos. Not sure what I could see in them as I play mostly deeper stacked, non turbo multi table sit n gos, but I could try....

Yeah sure, i'm happy for you to take a look, i can do the same for you, ill PM you soon.

On another note, i know this was brought up in a sng thread earlier. but i've just discovered a 280 FPP for the 1/4 million. top 2 of 6 take home $11. I have never really taken much notice of them before, i usually take the FPP bonus package. $50 for 4500 points.

I'll be on later to do some calculations, but does anyone know off the top of their head how much more profitable these things are, compared to the bonus cash in the FPP store. I'd venture a guess and say that i'd have to win at a decent %, but even getting ITM something like 30% could be more profitable?

Wow, and i've just noticed that 3rd gets 280 FPP, making them even better. i think i'm sold...

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, August is beating me like a red-headed step child so far. I couldn't catch a cold. This is just so friggin' sick. -15 buy ins so far.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am hesitantly optimistic about August so far - still up after 4 days lol.

PokerProBetZip

PokerProBetZip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Alright, started a new month. Good luck to all for the month of August!

My goals for August...

1. Keep working on my tilt issues and stay out of the chat box
2. Work hard to make my bubble play better
3. Start learning and using SnG Wizard and get into a routine of reviewing HH's
4. Have a productive month (not spend all month recovering from nasty downswing) *wishes that was possible to control*:)

I used to have a problem with the chat box. Either I would get angry and say something, or chat and lose focus, or something my opponents said put me on tilt. Anyway, quick fix for me was putting on the Statistics tab or the Info tab. Of course thats pokerstars but I remember FT having the same options? Maybe no?

Good luck on your goals.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, FT doesn't have that option.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well i think the downswing is over, well and truly. I've made back all my losses and am finally back in the black again this month. Runnig at about 50%ROI in the last two days. nice.

I asked in last months SNG thread if some of you would take a look at some of my HH's, i really want to get some perspective on my game, especially ITM play. I know some of you replied already, and ill PM you guys shortly, but would anyone else care to take a look at some HH's of mine, the more the merrier. And i am also very happy to take a look at yours in return, i figure if we swap some HH's around we can really get some discussion points going for this thread. And if not, it's always a good idea to get outside perspectives of your game.

im always up for reviewing HH's.

cool32steve

cool32steve

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah sure, i'm happy for you to take a look, i can do the same for you, ill PM you soon.

On another note, i know this was brought up in a sng thread earlier. but i've just discovered a 280 FPP for the 1/4 million. top 2 of 6 take home $11. I have never really taken much notice of them before, i usually take the FPP bonus package. $50 for 4500 points.
That is how I came back after busting out last year, used my points to buy into these tourneys, then taking the T$ and buying into micro stakes sit n gos. Same thing I am doing now, just before i bust out this time......

O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Wow, thats quite a lot. How many do you play at the same time, and how many hrs do you play a day?

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Exit notes from my last three $12 turbos:

9th: QQ < 99 AIPF
4th: KK < K3 AIPF
9th: KK < TT, all in on 986 flop

*facepalm*

gallopingael

gallopingael

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Exit notes from my last three $12 turbos:

9th: QQ < 99 AIPF
4th: KK < K3 AIPF
9th: KK < TT, all in on 986 flop

*facepalm*

Just think of all the Sklansky bucks you earned with those hands though!