***August Sit n Go Thread***

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Got bronze Ironman locked up for the month, good deal earlier than July which is a relief.

Gonna keep shooting for silver, gold is even still possible at the moment. Anyone know what kind of penalty there is if I make gold this month but miss it and only get silver or something next month, BTW?

The only penaltly is if you fail to earn atleast a bronze you lose continuing months. Other than that it is only a lesser bonus when end-year bonus comes around. But the thing is it's a lot easier to earn the bonuses than clear them, so only getting a bronze next month still might not cost you anything. If you know for sure you can clear the bonus or are going to fail to earn a medal then buying ironman days may be worth it. I bought a continuing month before when I failed to earn a medal(think it was worth it).

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What's this clown doing at my table... :p

Attachments

• sly sighting.jpg
    sly sighting.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 53
billdogg

billdogg

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anybody try the super turbos? I tried 3 tonight, and got two 1st, and a 3rd. Not a bad run, but I can see these as being very high variance.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anybody try the super turbos? I tried 3 tonight, and got two 1st, and a 3rd. Not a bad run, but I can see these as being very high variance.

They are very high variance! If you don't have a big bankroll, I wouldn't even bother.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Running at 93% ROI today has helped eliminate my 13BI downswing, :D. I shall continue after the dinner and the O's game (we've hit 3 HR's off of Cliff Lee!!).

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1% ROI over last 102 games makes me :banghead:

Trying to be patient... Small sample size... Small sample size...

Last edited:
dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey, you could be me. I'm about to call it quits for real. For one, I just can't handle the swings of sng's. And two, I'm just not having any fun... at all. It would be much more pleasurable if I could at least break even, but after sitting here and doing everything I know and still losing time and time again, I'm just done. I think I'd rather play MTT's anyhow.

billdogg

billdogg

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Queen X must be monsters short handed. I can't tell you how many times I've been knocked out in 3rd or 4th with AK vs. QT, Q5 etc, Even AA < Q2s in the last few days.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have you been getting called by Q hi or shoved on by Q hi?

iamhukleberry

iamhukleberry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i need to make some sept stuff

i think making a list of things to do per month is a great idea..i also have a tilt issue..i get so mad at ppl sometimes i just want to scream..but they wouldn't hear me so i don't lol..

Extreme Fishing

Extreme Fishing

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel ya man. I got boosted just a min ago with AA vs 2 people calling with q10. Both hit there straight. Go figure lol.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think making a list of things to do per month is a great idea..i also have a tilt issue..i get so mad at ppl sometimes i just want to scream..but they wouldn't hear me so i don't lol..

I sense... Irony...

425.the.incredible.hulk.033108.jpg

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey, you could be me. I'm about to call it quits for real. For one, I just can't handle the swings of sng's. And two, I'm just not having any fun... at all. It would be much more pleasurable if I could at least break even, but after sitting here and doing everything I know and still losing time and time again, I'm just done. I think I'd rather play MTT's anyhow.

I say stick at it mate. Even if you hate playing SNG's by the end of the time with TM, hopefully you can stick it out and master the SNG 9 man format. I think in the long run it will be hugely beneficial, both from a confidence point of view and if you can believe in your game enough to get through tough streaks, then your game will be all the better, no matter what your goals are.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Month nearly over again, and i have no chance of making gold this month. Partly due to lowering the amount of tables played, partly due to my HEM and having to delete my DB thus losing around 5 days of poker, and partly due to me flying to visit wineries for the next 5 days hehe :D.

I normally play poker in 'sets'. I'll load up say 15 games play them till they are all done, then have a break and start another. But yesterday i played my first continuous session, with suprising results. I played 12 tables continuous for ~3 hours, i managed to get in 51 games in that time (completed games) so i'm kind of thinking that playing continous is the way to go. If i 15 tabled i can only get maximum 45 games, and it's hard when you go on a bit of a run cashing in 12/15 as you have literally a few seconds for each decision. Heads up isn't much of an issue in turbos, but around the bubble is kind of tricky.

So a mini goal for me to complete by the end of the month. I want to get 1000 games done by the end of the month, which equates to around 330 in 4 days 12 tabling. Should be doable, depending how many brain cells i kill in the next few days. :D

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I say stick at it mate. Even if you hate playing SNG's by the end of the time with TM, hopefully you can stick it out and master the SNG 9 man format. I think in the long run it will be hugely beneficial, both from a confidence point of view and if you can believe in your game enough to get through tough streaks, then your game will be all the better, no matter what your goals are.

I'm going to try. My coach is moving in the next week so he won't be able to spend any time on sessions. That's fine, but my confidence has been pretty fragile as of late.

My biggest problem is that I feel like I'm making good decisions 80% of the time, but my graph just keeps trying to find the bottom. And my whole month seems to be strewn with 4th, 5th, and even 6th place finishes. I'm just walking into traps left and right.

I have been trying to stop getting so involved in big pots in the mid-stages. Doing a little more pot control, but it just feels as if it's allowing them to suck out much more. I would just like to see some decent play take me out from time to time. I really hate getting taken out by fish that call their trash without odds and hit.:mad:

But I'm gonna trudge through this month and re-evaluate next month. We'll see how it goes.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm going to try. My coach is moving in the next week so he won't be able to spend any time on sessions. That's fine, but my confidence has been pretty fragile as of late.

My biggest problem is that I feel like I'm making good decisions 80% of the time, but my graph just keeps trying to find the bottom. And my whole month seems to be strewn with 4th, 5th, and even 6th place finishes. I'm just walking into traps left and right.

I have been trying to stop getting so involved in big pots in the mid-stages. Doing a little more pot control, but it just feels as if it's allowing them to suck out much more. I would just like to see some decent play take me out from time to time. I really hate getting taken out by fish that call their trash without odds and hit.:mad:

But I'm gonna trudge through this month and re-evaluate next month. We'll see how it goes.

You can talk to your coach about this, but i feel that the worst thing you can do is go from playinga certain way, then change suddenly because you havent been running perfectly. I'm not saying you don't have leaks or whatever, but it's possible that you just ran into some bad spots, generally we want to be kind of aggressive in the midgame, which in turn sets us up for bubble and ITM play. You probably know this already.

But i think that most players tend to overadjust to things, like going from tight, to super loose. It's a problem i've faced in the past. But changing your game based on a few 100 game results probably isn't adviseable.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I normally play poker in 'sets'. I'll load up say 15 games play them till they are all done, then have a break and start another. But yesterday i played my first continuous session, with suprising results. I played 12 tables continuous for ~3 hours, i managed to get in 51 games in that time (completed games) so i'm kind of thinking that playing continous is the way to go. If i 15 tabled i can only get maximum 45 games, and it's hard when you go on a bit of a run cashing in 12/15 as you have literally a few seconds for each decision. Heads up isn't much of an issue in turbos, but around the bubble is kind of tricky.

FWIW I play continuous and have been pretty successful at it, but I'm only 5-6 tabling so my volume would get hurt a lot if I didn't.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
FWIW I play continuous and have been pretty successful at it, but I'm only 5-6 tabling so my volume would get hurt a lot if I didn't.

I'm pretty sure that i will be adopting playing continuous, Just from a volume perspective it's a lot better, and the fact that i feel less rushed to make decisions. And adding tables now should have an exponential effect. Like if i step it up to 15 tabling continuous, it should work out to be the same as 20 tabling in sets. The more tables i add, the more i can bust out of and load, if that makes sense. Kind of excited about trying this out. However i won't be able to play for 5 days, always hard to come back after a spell and try to get the mind working again.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can you go 3 hours without going to the bathroom?????

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only played eight games today, but what made me feel better about my game is that in those eight games my ROI over the past week went from 1% to 4.2%. So although it's still not all that high, my ROI is more due to small sample size than anything.

I don't know if that helps you at all dg, but it helped me, to sort of kept things in perspective.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol Debi :p

how do you start a continuous session? Like, you just load up a table every time you increase a level or something?

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can you go 3 hours without going to the bathroom?????

I thought about that, i'd have to make a planned pitstop before i try to load games. Of course i toyed with the idea of using a bottle, but i feel it's a little dangerous getting liquids near electronic devices.