I do believe that is everyone's opinion. LOL

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What does that make RUSH then? hahah.

I think I may start mixing in some $12's into my sessions, I'm just about rolled for it, I'll still play mostly $6.50's though... What are people's thoughts about mixing stakes?

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
End of month SNG with the people in this thread?
I'll play, but not sure what times ill be able to.
Played a decent amount of sngs today and well, I dont understand how you guys do it. Sure I made a little bit of money but it is just so tilting. How do you cope with the mental side of the game? Cause if I could learn to not tilt at sngs, my poker mentality would be perfect. I could lose 1k at cash (like I did on sunday) and sleep perfectly at night without any kind of frustration but as soon as I play a sng or mtt, I lose my mind. I need some of you sng players' ways of dealing with tilt
I actually have a punching bag in the room next to me, so if i'm feeling antsy, or need to get rid of some negative feelings, i smack the crap out of that. hehe. It doesnt happen often, it can be hard to deal with when your playing tables and you bust out of multiple games. And since SNG's have loads of all in showdowns, your going to see a lot more bad beats and whatever, more than any other form of poker, so dealing with tilt is key. I'm not sure how to help, i think jsut playing lots helped me, eventually i got used to the beats, and it's only every so often that it affects me now.
I think what hurts the most is taking a super standard beat and seeing the pop up saying "you finished xxxx". AAxx losing to AJ52 in a cash game for 200bb pot is ok with me but losing a flip in a tournament hurts my soul. Maybe its the fact that I cant reload? I dont know but its just so many things really.
I know just what you mean, i f**king hate that beeping sound when you bust out of a tourney. GRRRRR. but stuff like table ninja can help with annoying stuff, then also turning off your sound on pokerstars so you dont have that annoying beeping sounds helps too.
What does that make RUSH then? hahah.

I think I may start mixing in some $12's into my sessions, I'm just about rolled for it, I'll still play mostly $6.50's though... What are people's thoughts about mixing stakes?
It's a good idea, lower the amount of tables your playing and mix stakes before you make the move up to the 12's. Just make sure your comfortable with crushing the 6'es first, the 12's probably play a little differantly. But yeah mixing helps with cusioning the bankroll, and lets you dip your feet into your next stake.

End of this month and my game is back to where i want it to be, a few little leaks still im noticing, but the mistakes are getting less and less. I'm actually going to be switching to tilt soon, i got approved for rakeback, plus still have my first deposit bonus, should be on 50% rakeback for a short while :D. So CJ and Oz, ill see you guys real soon :p Aim to be playing the 6'es in a few weeks, and the 12's in probably 3-4 months.

Results wise, im not sure exactly my totals, as im trying not to look at graphs anymore, but i went at something around 7-8%, which is decent considering the troubles with my game i've had all month, VOlume sucked, had nearly 12 days away from the computer, still managed around 800 games, but im hoping for at least 1200 next month.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I did the same thing recently. Looking back at it I've kinda got mixed feelings - playing a mix of the game I knew I was a winner in and the game I didn't know if I could beat yet definitely made me more comfortable, but at the same time I had leaks in the $6.50s that I was getting away with that were being punished in the $12s so I sometimes think playing a mix held me back a little bit.

If I were to do it over again (and fingers crossed I never have to!) I think I'd probably stay in the $6.50s a little longer until I was over-rolled for the point where I wanted to move up to the $12s, then move up wholesale when the time comes (and obviously be ready to drop back down again and rebuild if need be). I think you'll get a handle on the way the game plays quicker and also get a quicker read on who the regs are, who to avoid, etc. I never really bothered with game selection until before I started playing $12s, but now there's a few players I definitely try to avoid.

That was just my experience though - if you don't have the same sort of leaks, for example, then there might not be such an issue.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So CJ and Oz, ill see you guys real soon :p Aim to be playing the 6'es in a few weeks, and the 12's in probably 3-4 months.

Dammit, there's a bunch more games I'll have to select out :p

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I were to do it over again (and fingers crossed I never have to!) I think I'd probably stay in the $6.50s a little longer until I was over-rolled for the point where I wanted to move up to the $12s, then move up wholesale when the time comes (and obviously be ready to drop back down again and rebuild if need be). I think you'll get a handle on the way the game plays quicker and also get a quicker read on who the regs are, who to avoid, etc. I never really bothered with game selection until before I started playing $12s, but now there's a few players I definitely try to avoid.

That was just my experience though - if you don't have the same sort of leaks, for example, then there might not be such an issue.

I agree with this, there shouldnt be a rush to move up in stakes, it's one of the biggest mistakes i see players make is moving up when they are not ready. Just because you have the bankroll to play a certain stake, does not mean you can or should be playing that stake. I suggest staying at your current stake until you have a decent sample that shows you are crushing the games. 1000 games at 4% isn't crushing, and moving up will only mean your leaks will be exploited more, with bigger swings. Id be happier with something like 5k games at 7% rather than 500 games at 15%, the swings in ROI can be severe, some players can go 10k games at 7% but it still may not be their true ROI, some players who have glaring leaks will experience swings in ROI which can be quite severe. Anyways, i think it's one of the biggest mistakes people make, so guys, take your time, get your game right, then when your ready, move up. In the long run, you will be far better off.

billdogg

billdogg

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You don't flop something this pretty very often!

full tilt poker Game #23512134316: $2 + $0.25 Sit & Go (181797641), Table 1 - 30/60 - No Limit Hold'em - 14:21:53 ET - 2010/08/31
Seat 1: crazygazlamb (2,795)
Seat 2: CJs Granpa (1,410)
Seat 4: mektek (1,130)
Seat 5: Guinjo (2,590)
Seat 6: Johnny Diablo99 (930)
Seat 7: billdogg87 (2,740)
Seat 8: nxtbigthing26 (785)
Seat 9: Wolke1 (1,120)
Johnny Diablo99 posts the small blind of 30
billdogg87 posts the big blind of 60
The button is in seat #5
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to billdogg87 [8c 7c]
nxtbigthing26 folds
Wolke1 folds
crazygazlamb folds
CJs Granpa folds
mektek raises to 120
Guinjo calls 120
Johnny Diablo99 folds
billdogg87 calls 60
*** FLOP *** [6c 9c 5c]
billdogg87 checks
mektek bets 240
Guinjo folds
billdogg87 calls 240
*** TURN *** [6c 9c 5c] [Ah]
billdogg87 checks
mektek bets 770, and is all in
billdogg87: sorry bud
billdogg87 calls 770
mektek shows [8s 8h]
billdogg87 shows [8c 7c]
*** RIVER *** [6c 9c 5c Ah] [Qs]
mektek shows a pair of Eights
billdogg87 shows a straight flush, Nine high
billdogg87 wins the pot (2,410) with a straight flush, Nine high

billdogg

billdogg

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My goals this month

-Get my BR up so I can play the $5.50 SNG
-Play as many games as my time allows
-Get more involved with this thread

Good luck everybody!

I didn't quite get BR'd for 5.50's, but I did make a profit and had a ROI of 10.11 for the month. Almost all $2 9 man SNG, and HU SNG, with some super turbo, and 6 max games thrown in there.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Could someone a little smarter than me on specific stats look these over and see where I might be going wrong. I know a couple of them may be way off, but I think this will lead me to some better questioning on how to fix my game.

Attachments

• stats.JPG
    stats.JPG
    14.1 KB · Views: 33
OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Month over for me, so here goes:

1 - Play lots (Bronze Ironman minimum): Gold = a winnar is me. Bit over 400 games, which is a lot for me.
2 - *shrug*: Nailed this one as always.
3 - Profit: Bit north of treefiddy.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Could someone a little smarter than me on specific stats look these over and see where I might be going wrong. I know a couple of them may be way off, but I think this will lead me to some better questioning on how to fix my game.

These don't really tell us much. Send your distribution stats, and also go into reports and show me your report by "position" should be a little more helpful, than the one's you have shown

Other than that, you might be limping or calling too often, but it's not bad, mine is around 18/16, so maybe tighten that up a little, probably no big deal.

Your steal stats in the SB will be handy, but your CO and BTN steals look a little low. again, this really won't tell us a lot about where our leaks are.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You might be right on the limping too much. I've been limping in with 55 and below in early position, but I think I'm going to stop doing that (at least all the time).

But I spent 2.5 hours last night with Cardplayer52 and he showed me a ton of stuff on how to configure filters for HEM and then use them in SnG Wiz. He's a wealth of info on that subject! I had a great time just listening and learning. Now it's up to me to put this knowledge to work and make some bank.

et1961

et1961

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
goals for poker

I have very simple goals. To learn from my mistakes, listen to advise from other reputable sources and to increase my BR. This is more than a monthly goal, but more like a yearly goal.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My goals for August...

1. Keep working on my tilt issues and stay out of the chat box
Epic fail on this one. I have got to work harder on not doing this.

2. Work hard to make my bubble play better
Bubble play got better, but it could always be more betterer.

3. Start learning and using SnG Wizard and get into a routine of reviewing HH's
I waited till the last day of the month, but was able to get Cardplayer52 to give me a great session on how to use SnG Wiz. He's awesome, and I thank him so much!

4. Have a productive month (not spend all month recovering from nasty downswing) *wishes that was possible to control*
Epic fail as well, but not as bad as last month.