Total posts
Awards
Chips
Exit notes from my last three $12 turbos:

9th: QQ < 99 AIPF
4th: KK < K3 AIPF
9th: KK < TT, all in on 986 flop

*facepalm*

It has been almost every game like that for me the last 3 days. I'm seriously thinking about taking the week (maybe the month) off. The end of July was going so great and I had really good hopes for August, but starting off like this has just made me not even want to play. Instead of the regular 25-30 games, I'm lucky to get 12 in before I'm ready to take a piss on my monitor.:mad:

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just think of all the Sklansky bucks you earned with those hands though!

Yeah, I know - had a couple of wins after those games so it all works out.

Most of them I shrug off without a second thought, the KK < K3 one I was dumbstruck though - it was the difference between getting ITM and ending up still on the bubble crippled. Villain didn't just flop trips either, he rivered quads :p

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I can make an observation, BTW, I think we've all got to be really carefully about not thinking just in terms of the month we're playing in. I know we tend to focus on monthly results for all sorts of practical reasons, like Ironman runs month to month and a thread like this would become unweildy if we let it go on indefinitely.

But nothing magical happens on the first of every month. Our karma / doomswitch / curse / whatever doesn't get reset or anything. If we get stuck then expend a load of energy trying to get ourselves back to even or into profit by the end of the month, what effect is that having on our overall game? Might we be playing more recklessly in that vain attempt to get even, or might we be playing badly because we're resigned to having a losing month?

Goals and milestones certainly have their place, I'm just suggesting that the big picture, our overall ROI or $/hr or whatever and the quality of our game overall are where we should be putting the most focus.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, thats quite a lot. How many do you play at the same time, and how many hrs do you play a day?
I had to cut back the amount of tables i was playing, trying to get my game back on track, so ATM i'm playing 10 tables, putting in about 3 hours a day. more when i get a spare day off. When i noticed my game had slipped from mediocre to really really bad, i decided to start playing seriously again. For most of the year i had just been playing when i felt like it, a few games here a few there. Soemtimes i wouldnt play for a month. It's really hard to get anything going, so playing daily is the only way to really get better. It only works out to be around 50 games per day, playing continuously 10-12 tables i can get it done in around 3 hours. I hope by the end of 2-3 months i'll have my second monitor up and i'll be able to step it up a notch, 15-20 tables.
If I can make an observation, BTW, I think we've all got to be really carefully about not thinking just in terms of the month we're playing in. I know we tend to focus on monthly results for all sorts of practical reasons, like Ironman runs month to month and a thread like this would become unweildy if we let it go on indefinitely.

But nothing magical happens on the first of every month. Our karma / doomswitch / curse / whatever doesn't get reset or anything. If we get stuck then expend a load of energy trying to get ourselves back to even or into profit by the end of the month, what effect is that having on our overall game? Might we be playing more recklessly in that vain attempt to get even, or might we be playing badly because we're resigned to having a losing month?

Goals and milestones certainly have their place, I'm just suggesting that the big picture, our overall ROI or $/hr or whatever and the quality of our game overall are where we should be putting the most focus.

Indeed i agree with you there, For me, volume goals are flexable, i said i'm going for gold, but it's just a goal. If my game is suffering or if i feel like i'm playing badly due to pressure to finish games, then i'll simply forget about it. However i feel that mini goals like this are a really good motivator

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a license to spam any thread I want to. :p

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You think I would remember that.:eek:

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OMG I love weekends - the $12 turbos on Full Tilt are playing like $2s right now, there's droolers and spewtards everywhere. It's a beautiful thing :)

Kountess

Kountess

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
GL to you all. I won 3rd place in a SnG today on FTP!! =)
One goal increase bankroll.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OMG I love weekends - the $12 turbos on Full Tilt are playing like $2s right now, there's droolers and spewtards everywhere. It's a beautiful thing :)

Wish I was you! The droolers and spewtards were only there to hit everything they played against me. Totally took the wind out of my sails for getting some volume in this month.

billdogg

billdogg

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played my first live SNG tonight (other than home games at my house or neighbors). I busted out in 5th first game, then split 50/50 2nd game. It was a charity type event that comes around every weekend. IMO, the structure was ridiculous. 10 minute blinds (which wasn't that bad), but everybody started with 1500, blinds started at 25/50, then 50/100, 100/200, 300/600, 400/800, 600/1200.

It got to the point of shove/fold way too fast. I busted out the first when I open shoved with 99, bb called with T9, and hit a ten. 2nd game I was down to 1.5 BB, doubled up with Q high, doubled again with JJ, and knocked out the 3rd place player with AK. With the blinds so big, I was happy to get some good cards at the end. Walked away with %67 ROI.

I think I'll stick to online poker, or find someplace with non bingo like structure.

billdogg

billdogg

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hit my first ever royal flush tonight! WOOT!

Had AJ spades in the BB, all folded to SB who limped into me. Flopped a flush, then hit the 10 of spades on the turn. He obviously didn't have a spade in his hand, as I could not get a single chip off of him.

gallopingael

gallopingael

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing like having the month's work wiped out in a single hour.

*sighs*

And thanks to Dakota for listening to me type in amazement during my step tourney that was at blind level 100/200 before a person got knocked out on Saturday.

I guess that's partial payment for the help I gave you with HEM.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hehe - it is that time of month where I quit playing sng's again. :( :)

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Got another one of those ranges discussions if people are up for it:

$12 9-player turbo, 80/160 blinds

Seat 2: Multitabling Reg (2,370)
Seat 4: Standard Player 1 (4,930)
Seat 5: OzExorcist (1,475)
Seat 6: Aggro Player (2,645)
Seat 7: Standard Player 2 (2,080)

Standard Player 1 posts the small blind of 80
OzExorcist posts the big blind of 160
The button is in seat #2

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to OzExorcist [X X]
Aggro Player folds
Standard Player 2 folds
Multitabling Reg folds
Standard Player 1 raises to 480
OzExorcist does what with what?

Essentially, what can we push here? I'm obviously assuming we're folding hands we don't push.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Again, use the magic range (99+, AQs+). Everything else just fold.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, but if this guy has been raising in a lot of bvb situations, then shoving with AQo isn't too bad.

In other news... morons that spewtard shove 83% of their hands suck out with the dumbest shit.

Attachments

• untitled1.JPG
    untitled1.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 129
NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You're probably right, chances are I over-value AQo.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Another fine play... :congrats::congrats::congrats:

Edit: To finish off this awesome set... 6 games played, runner runner'd 4 friggin times with my money in good. I'm seriously tired of this game.:mad::mad::mad:

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hehe - it is that time of month where I quit playing sng's again. :( :)

I'm finding it hard to get motivatated to have SNGs just crush my dreams. I'm trying to move up in stakes this month and the swings are just hard to accept, athough there not out of the ordinary as far as buyins. I'm just not used to seeing my BR drop in cash so quickly. It also seems the $10s at fulltilt play alot differently than the $5s do. But I'm not making any strategy adjustments until I got some proof this is actually true or not.