AA tournament start, you fold this hand ?

zach johnson

zach johnson

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i did > i got the steps in 2 days .

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Well we could ACT like we have another $10k to rebuy LOL And, yes that illusion could be the nice feeling!

Besides....I'm still salivating over the idea of tripling up early !

OH no.....don't call w AA - you might lose! ROTF !!

Good luck !
I'd be calling expecting to lose, that's what normally happens to me with AA, and even though that happens to me I would still be calling in this highly unlikely scenario over and over again.

:top:

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd be calling expecting to lose, that's what normally happens to me with AA, and even though that happens to me I would still be calling in this highly unlikely scenario over and over again.

:top:

Bless you Zorba! I will think of this thread the next time I am in this spot in a tournie!

Good luck !

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Firstly you do realize that the situation he described is NEVER going to happen. (nobody open shoves 300bb's deep in MainEvent).

I've read posts of your's on the forum here where you expressed a desire to get better at this game. I'd suggest thinking over why you chose to fold in this spot ... because it is a 100% call ainec. If we're folding in this spot then we should just never enter the game to begin with.
I hear PROS talk about this on the radio and ESPN some will fold and others shove/call so I dont know why you pick me out of this group to say Im wrong. ITS a choice with 10k at stake. gimme a break

Maikychan

Maikychan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I NEVER fold this AA, no matter what tournament I'm in!

P

pecam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Let's consider that we are in WSOP and we receive in the first hand, AA, what should we do?
Let us consider several hypotheses to arrive at an alternative
- we're in BB
- Before we took our turn to speak, we had two players going up allinn
-you would drop this hand, considering it is the start of the tournament, and you can get AA again, but this time, you have more chips to pay for this type of play?
or you go the allinn, without even analyzing the play in general?:confused::confused::cool:
it's sure that you can loose but you really have the best hand so you should pay the all in because then you could become a monster and play more easily after that hand

S

sibird

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Let's consider that we are in WSOP and we receive in the first hand, AA, what should we do?
Let us consider several hypotheses to arrive at an alternative
- we're in BB
- Before we took our turn to speak, we had two players going up allinn
-you would drop this hand, considering it is the start of the tournament, and you can get AA again, but this time, you have more chips to pay for this type of play?
or you go the allinn, without even analyzing the play in general?:confused::confused::cool:

I don't see any reason of why should i fold. I am at BB pre flop and i am last to act. There are two hands already going all-in. I will follow them and go all-in. I won't drop this hand on the reasoning that it is the start of the tournament and i can have AA again in better conditions.

I have the top pocket hand. My opponent must be holding hands which are below my ranking. While i have the oppertunity to raise my chips 3 times, should i allow them to go ahead with weaker hands than mine?

Lorpugo

Lorpugo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never will fold AA even with 9 allins in front of me

J

JSLuckySJ

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In some situation i can fold AA, for example on the bubble. But in this situation i will go all in.

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No question about it all in great chance to triple your stack.:):):)

B

BobZock

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At pokerstars.eu? Then:
My experience says, throw it away.
My poker gamble head scream, allin.

P

PokerDev

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This happened to me...went to #1 of a 6k person tournament for a few seconds after quadrupling up.

Not sure what else you are waiting for if not AA.

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
AAs I would them fold only in bubble not at beginning I am ready to play and lose or win

P

pauloandre100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I won't fold. It's all in!!!!!

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have been praying from the moment of picking up the cards, that someone shoves all-in. Now it's two? Oh my god, thank you so much...All-in and have a nice tournament start or a nice dinner. Both is fine for me.
But a counterquestion: do you prefer AA in the first hand or after 3 hrs of playing facing two all-ins that both cover you?

toteucelbun

toteucelbun

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would go allin. I understand is wsop and can crush my budget but how about the other two players? they can't have better starting hands. Also if i fold pre the AA.. what hands I'll play when I get short stack, 75suited?

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that pocket aces is one of the better hands to be dealt in no limit holdem.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I hear PROS talk about this on the radio and ESPN some will fold and others shove/call so I dont know why you pick me out of this group to say Im wrong. ITS a choice with 10k at stake. gimme a break

Because I'm actually trying to HELP you.
There are many 'choices' we make while playing.... some are 'correct'... some are incorrect. Some are optimal, some are to exploit others... some are close & some are not. This one here is not close at all.... it would be very bad to fold in this spot.

R

RockOnFlop

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Instant call.

The ods are too good, triple up with 70%-90% equity :deal: .
Even AA vs AA vs XX is ok.
Worst case scenario is vs KK an QQ, but I doubt you will see Qeens shove early in the type of tournament you specified. AK suited might shove considering it has blockers on AA and KK.

offtopic: I have lost once with AA vs KK vs KK with X 9 T J Q board. And I don't remeber winning in this situation.(You know how it works, we only remember when we get badbeats not when we crack flopped nuts:D)

Hand_ Equity_ | Hand__Equity_ | Hand _Equity_ | Hand_ Equity_ | Hand__ Equity
As Ac 96.48% | As Ac. 66.51% | As Ac 92.73% | As Ac 80.12% | As Ac 40.08%
Kd Kh. .2.92% | Kd Kc 17.80% | Ad Kc.. 3.64% | Ad Kd... 9.94% | Ad Ah 39.49%
Ks Kc.._0.60% | Qs Qh 15.69% | Ks Ah _3.64% | Kh Ah.. 9.94% | Kh Kd 20.43%

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But a counterquestion: do you prefer AA in the first hand or after 3 hrs of playing facing two all-ins that both cover you?

Of cause, I would be a bit angry of this situation. Not a sweet situation to face with. But if this happens on preflop, it's still a call, not a fold. I can't see any other option there. I would call and hope for the better :).
Remember it's not about WSOP, it's about math.

sidenotch

sidenotch

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With me it doesn't matter

Since I am NOT a "depositor" it seems no matter when I play power pocket pairs(j's or better), I lose about 80% of the time to TOTAL chasers, who later I find out were "depositors". Realizing that pretty much 90% of online poker is the "same ole same ole" crrrrap at times. Sooner I realize I won't be getting dealt good cards in a tourney cuz I am NOT a depositor, the better off I am of handling the donkwad betting by "depositors".:rolleyes:

C

ChatPro

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Against two?! Definitely a call.

Since it's the start of the tournament, we know that the person going all in doesn't want the blinds, but maybe he has KA and wants someone calling with AQ, or he has KK, AA and thinking "I'm not going to try win 5% stack. I'm either doubling up or nothing but blinds." Only if he is mad or an amateur to go all in at the start of the tournament with any other hand.

The person calling before you...I can't imagine a call with less than KK since it's the start of the tournament.

So you with AA mostly will find yourself against AA and KK; KK and KK; or KA and KK; KA and AA.

This is my opinion :cool:

P

Pulsar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For BB in AA this is generally a luxury all-in without hesitation,even if there are bids,this is just gorgeous! Here if you already have a couple of all-ins before you, then it is possible to reflect and figure out the odds,but they are still great and the answer would probably be the best solution,but until the second pair of aces, you can just simply not survive in the tournament,so forge iron without departing from cash Desk))))

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Folding in Poker