AA tournament start, you fold this hand ?

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand the severity of the situation you are proposing . But I don't believe I could ever fold that hand in that situation . I'm a poker player at heart and the numbers say call , so I would have to call . Great question though .

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm all-in with AA especially early in tournaments and also the bubble

kddy

kddy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA? and think to fold... all in man, play fearless

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I imagine that the other 2 players can have A and smaller or a pair, so in a small tournament I would enter peacefully but I can understand their position if it is a $ 10,000 buy-in tournament but I would still enter.

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would like to see the same question but with Kings. That would be more interesting.:cool:

J

Josefina2402

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AA preflop fold really ?? I Think I would never Fold AA preflop in this situation ...I agree with quick I might think of folding AA in a situation where we're one player to ITM and there is a 5 all in and I'm on risk to bust out but still I think not event in this situation I think I woul never Fold AA preflop hehehe is just not good poker if u play a MTT is for winning go all or nothing baby hehehe if you are glad with ITM and that's your goal good for you then but my goal at a MTT is go for the first place :D

zippaya

zippaya

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, I see your point. It's 10k wsop, not freerolls or Micro tournament. So you're probably playing against good players who won't play garbage ALL IN first hands. In that case, you are certain that they're playing KK, AK, maaaaybe QQ or another AA! That is why I would call my aces!

Shishkin30

Shishkin30

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA is the top pair! For me, no matter what stage of the tournament, I will go all-in pre-flop, because I will always have a higher percentage to win.

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
What are you going to do, wait for a better hand??? Push it all in and pray.

L

LuisBoaC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to think I'd insta-shove, taking my chance at tripling up with the best hand at the moment.
However, if it was the WSOP, I've spent a chunk of money on flights from UK, buy-in, accommodation, etc. And my flight home is weeks away. And it's my first WSOP.... Who knows what I'd do??!

Malnitruth

Malnitruth

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not from Mars, I am from the earth itself!
the question is, I do not know if you read, or understand, and what tournament I'm talking about, I'm talking about a WSOP with a $ 10,000 buyn and not a 0.50 cents micro tournament.
your first AA hand can pay and win, you can pay and lose, simple like that, just know how far one's courage your go, and the courage of another people ,,, close your eyes, and reflect.

It's ACES! The Best Hand in the Game!

Malnitruth

Malnitruth

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the question is, I do not know if you read, or understand, and what tournament I'm talking about, I'm talking about a WSOP with a $ 10,000 buyn and not a 0.50 cents micro tournament.
your first AA hand can pay and win, you can pay and lose, simple like that, just know how far one's courage your go, and the courage of another people ,,, close your eyes, and reflect.

You simply have to lock it down PREFLOP, even if it's Big Drop

M

Meepomancer1122

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never going to fold AA in a tournament. Just never, even if there is a bubble

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bro you rarely will get 4.2 to 1 odds in NLH. If you are folding 82% success then you will never win the tournament. Just considering folding the nuts is absurd. If you lose you lose you were never gonna win....hence you lost nothing. Get it in pre flop with ACES. Just be careful around a sat bubble with KK AA if you dont need to play a hand and can fold into success then do so.
Although I would call, please note that against 2 villains you need to forget the 82% success.
AA against 2 will be roughly 60% success.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the beginning of the tournament with a pocket pair AA it is not necessary to fold or go all-in. It is necessary to play aggressively to reduce the number of players.

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I could not fold those cards without caring that the tournament is starting, I think I would pay that all in, and I would pray not to be a victim of a catastrophic play

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd ask for a chip count. Then call.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

1) pretty sure it takes ZERO courage to call it off 3-way with AA in ANY tournament. No.. not courage... just brains (& very little at that)

2) this scenario will NEVER happen the way you've described. It's a ridiculous fictitious scenario. (who would ever be open-shoving 300bb's in the Main Event? ... nobody. Perhaps an EP open followed by a 3-bet,... 4-bet.. 6-bet.. then 7bet (but VERY UNLIKELY... at 300bb deep it'd have to be AA v AA v KK (AK is never getting it in there facing that kind of action ahead of them while 300bb deep)... KK wouldn't be too comfortable either facing that kind of action on the very first hand while 300bb's deep vs 'TWO' villains..(although depending upon where they are seated in the betting action they may have priced themselves in.... maybe)

VMVarga

VMVarga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is why you need to play within your bankroll. If you step outside of playing $50 buy ins and put up half your roll to enter the WSOP main event, you won't be able to play your best game because your mind will constantly be doing that bargaining shit to you.

Lets say the game is just a $2 buy in on ACR. Would you ever fold AA first hand when two have already shoved? I wouldn't.

I can see the argument that its the WSOP main event, it's 10k entry, and it's something you wanted to at least play for a full day, not just one hand like Kate Hudson's brother. But look at that hand he had with Sammy F. way back in the 2000's (I think it was 05?) and you will see that he didn't waste a second putting it all in with the second best hand. Granted, it was much stronger than AA preflop, but still the very first hand and all in.

But it is up to each individual person to decide what they would want to do in that spot. Chances are low that any of us would ever be in that exact situation. The small number of us who will ever sit in that game will have low odds to be dealt AA on the first hand with two all ins. So I wouldn't spend too much time thinking that one over.

If I ever make it to that game, it means my bankroll is very large and I can just play it again the next year. So I would NOT fold the AA.

D

davem86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd have to believe that in no situation at the beginning of any tournament that I would fold AA in chances of a huge triple up.

Even if I would lose it be one hell of a Main Event story.

K

KountryK

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
take a leak

yeah, I go take a leak, come back and ask what's going on? Sure, no way am I not going all in. Late in a satellite, I may fold AA Only time.

I

icandonkyou

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I could not put my chips in fast enough. I am definitely allin in that situation. Knowing I got it in with the best the rest would be obsolete. I can triple and be in good shape right off the bat. I definitely go for it here.

ironduke11

ironduke11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Folding aces

I folded aces on the last hand of a timed tournament where I could only have lost the lead if I played.
turns out I would have won, the other players were astounded claiming they never would have folded

my thoughts were if I had played well enough to win by virture of being the one with most chips as time was running out why risk that even with a great hand.
the win was already assured.....that's the only way id fold pre

on the first hand of a tournament is tricky....I guess it depends on your poker philosophy...id have to play it but not sure im jamming especially if its a large buy in....who knows....80% certain id play it slow.:confused:

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Folding in Poker