AA tournament start, you fold this hand ?

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im gonna fold in the exact situation you described Maybe because after 3 years on ACR you have more of a 20 percent chance of it holding in a 3 way. plus, its just one hand. Fk AA..LOL

D

duson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd take the risk immediately and play it, its the best hand in poker. Most of the time the other people in the hand might have A ? so I've got them blocked, you'd only have to worry about smaller pairs hitting trips.

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would like to see the same question but with Kings. That would be more interesting.:cool:
totally agree with you. Kings i might fold it really depends but AA i would only fold if on the final table and 8 others are all in. a fold there probably puts me in the 2nd place cash. That would be the only time and place where i fold AA preflop.

C

collesut

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have to play

Let's consider that we are in WSOP and we receive in the first hand, AA, what should we do?
Let us consider several hypotheses to arrive at an alternative
- we're in BB
- Before we took our turn to speak, we had two players going up allinn
-you would drop this hand, considering it is the start of the tournament, and you can get AA again, but this time, you have more chips to pay for this type of play?
or you go the allinn, without even analyzing the play in general?:confused::confused::cool:
I mean it's the wsop, yeah thats great, but you aren't deep in the tournament first hand you get AA (BB play you have the position great) and you had 2 players that played you already know a little bit of info in that hand you played them with a 3 BB raise and work things later if it comes to all in pre flop you go all in.
Because folding those AA can mess up your entire play for the test of tournament. Thats my opinion, maybe I am wrong but I would play it like that. :)

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Let's consider that we are in WSOP and we receive in the first hand, AA, what should we do?
- we're in BB
-you would drop this hand, considering it is the start of the tournament, and you can get AA again, but this time, you have more chips to pay for this type of play?
or you go the allinn, without even analyzing the play in general?

Two all-ins and we wake-up with AA in the BB on the very first hand?

Snap call. If we get beat we rebuy or do something else that afternoon!

Being all-in eliminates position, which would be problematic otherwise.
What hand or situation would you be waiting for if not this one?

Good luck !

Last edited:
K

kdawg71

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's about risk and reward, that being said the reward of tripling my chips up out weighs the risk of getting knocked out, therefore I would shove all in. No problem!!!

neiroob

neiroob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t understand what the problem is, against two with AA, you have to bet on 4 bets, and that’s all, even if it’s the beginning, even in the middle of the tournament, you don’t need to be afraid that you should have a game plan, how to collect chips opponents.

muse713

muse713

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All in with fingers and toes crossed.

L

lewis99

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
gday all...i am not good enough to fold...all in..play the odds....thanks darrell

zach johnson

zach johnson

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
you're playing to win right ? you will do it late in the tourney but not early ? not gonna lie saturday i lost third hand in im BB with aa in step 5 $600 tourney . lost to ten7 . im still sad

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

- we're in BB
or you go the allinn, without even analyzing the play in general?:confused::confused::cool:

This is the most amazing tempting moment! Most recently (a week ago) in CC freerolls it came to me! And I went all-in! And what do you think? I flew out of the game in the first minute!

GordyPoker

GordyPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never Folding

Never Folding AA - even it’s bubnle of anything - ALWAYS GET YOUR CHIPS IN WHEN A FAVOURITE - normally a big favourite with AA aswell!

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I get dealt AA I would push no matter what. Why join the WSOP and then fold AA? I gonna push this hand, bro, no matter what kind of action I see preflop and how many players have already shoved. Why fold the strongest poker hand preflop? My answer is push it! And if I blow the WSOP Event in the 1st hand just let it be (it'll be a good reminiscence, huh).

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
it is difficult to fold with those cards, I would pay all in, of course this is the risk of losing, but always the risk is present, it would not be easy to be in that situation in the first play of a live tournament

W

Wiliest

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy All-In, if you are thinking its debatable or are leaning towards a fold, you are letting outside factors leak into your decision making. If you bust out of the WSOP you want to be playing your best poker, instead of busting out 4 hours later after not getting another hand since the very first one.

Joshua_Kane

Joshua_Kane

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Getting 2 to 1 with roughly 70% equity against two random players shoving ranges, in snap calling that shit. And if you bust out of the WSOP with pocket aces then such is life.

S

serg70419

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AA начало турнира, вы сбиваете эту руку ?

Давайте рассмотрим, что мы находимся в WSOP и получаем из первых рук, AA, что мы должны делать?
Давайте рассмотрим несколько гипотез, чтобы прибыть на альтернативном
- мы в ББ
- Прежде чем мы взяли наш черед говорить, у нас было две игры до allinn
- вы бросили бы эту руку, учитывая, что это начало турнира, и вы можете получить AA снова, но на этот раз у вас есть больше фишек, чтобы заплатить за этот тип игры?
или вы идете в allinn, даже не анализируя пьесу в целом?:confused::confused::cool:[/Цитата]я бя просто запихул их поставил монетку на ребро

S

serg70419

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AA начало турнира, вы сбиваете эту руку ?

Давайте рассмотрим, что мы находимся в WSOP и получаем из первых рук, AA, что мы должны делать?
Давайте рассмотрим несколько гипотез, чтобы прибыть на альтернативном
- мы в ББ
- Прежде чем мы взяли наш черед говорить, у нас было две игры до allinn
- вы бросили бы эту руку, учитывая, что это начало турнира, и вы можете получить AA снова, но на этот раз у вас есть больше фишек, чтобы заплатить за этот тип игры?
или вы идете в allinn, даже не анализируя пьесу в целом?:confused::confused::cool:
нет я поставлю 50\50.

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No doubt in my mind I’d be all-in.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
I'm a fish, so I would snap call.

:ciao:
I'd ask for a chip count. Then call.
Only from your warped mind.....hahaha, love it.....:rofl:

:bandit:
I'd take the risk immediately and play it, its the best hand in poker. Most of the time the other people in the hand might have A ? so I've got them blocked, you'd only have to worry about smaller pairs hitting trips.
Unless called by A 10 that flops trip 10's, they have one of your 2 outs now.
Two all-ins and we wake-up with AA in the BB on the very first hand?

Snap call. If we get beat we rebuy or do something else that afternoon!

Being all-in eliminates position, which would be problematic otherwise.
What hand or situation would you be waiting for if not this one?

Good luck !
It's a nice feeling knowing we have a spare $10K laying around for a rebuy. ;)

:top:

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm a fish, so I would snap call.

It's a nice feeling knowing we have a spare $10K laying around for a rebuy. ;)

:top:

Well we could ACT like we have another $10k to rebuy LOL And, yes that illusion could be the nice feeling!

Besides....I'm still salivating over the idea of tripling up early !

OH no.....don't call w AA - you might lose! ROTF !!

Good luck !

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Im gonna fold in the exact situation you described Maybe because after 3 years on ACR you have more of a 20 percent chance of it holding in a 3 way. plus, its just one hand. Fk AA..LOL

Firstly you do realize that the situation he described is NEVER going to happen. (nobody open shoves 300bb's deep in MainEvent).

I've read posts of your's on the forum here where you expressed a desire to get better at this game. I'd suggest thinking over why you chose to fold in this spot ... because it is a 100% call ainec. If we're folding in this spot then we should just never enter the game to begin with.

M

mrbond8844

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if i got AA pre flop i would call any all in anytime, no matter what, you fold that pre flop then you're losing alot of chips, no matter what stage of the tourney.

M

mrbond8844

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you're playing to win right ? you will do it late in the tourney but not early ? not gonna lie saturday i lost third hand in im BB with aa in step 5 $600 tourney . lost to ten7 . im still sad
the venom? did you play from step 1?

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Folding in Poker