Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hbkmad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stage #1456977914 Tourney ID 1859509 Holdem Single Tournament No Limit $60 - 2009-02-09 00:37:58 (ET)
Table: 26858606 (real money) Seat #2 is the dealer
Seat 1 - - - - - - MRD ($1945 in chips)
Seat 2 - BIGISLANDMAN ($2595 in chips)
Seat 4 - JAKESNAKE55 ($1115 in chips)
Seat 7 - LONERUSS70 ($2870 in chips)
Seat 8 - FOLDERR ($1751.55 in chips)
Seat 9 - THEMOR ($3223.45 in chips)
JAKESNAKE55 - Posts small blind $30
LONERUSS70 - Posts big blind $60
*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to JAKESNAKE55 [Ac Ah]
FOLDERR - Calls $60
THEMOR - Folds
- - - - - MRD - Folds
BIGISLANDMAN - Folds
JAKESNAKE55 - Raises $180 to $210
LONERUSS70 - Folds
FOLDERR - Calls $150
*** FLOP *** [Qs Qc 9s]
JAKESNAKE55 - Bets $240
FOLDERR - Calls $240
*** TURN *** [Qs Qc 9s] [9c]
JAKESNAKE55 - All-In $665
FOLDERR - Calls $665
*** RIVER *** [Qs Qc 9s 9c] [Js]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
JAKESNAKE55 - Shows [Ac Ah] (Two Pair, aces and queens)
FOLDERR - Shows [9d As] (Full house, nines full of queens)
FOLDERR Collects $2290 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total Pot($2290)
Board [Qs Qc 9s 9c Js]
Seat 1: - - - - - MRD Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 2: BIGISLANDMAN (dealer) Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 4: JAKESNAKE55 (small blind) HI:lost with Two Pair, aces and queens [Ac Ah - P:Ah,P:Ac,B:Qs,B:Qc,B:Js]
Seat 7: LONERUSS70 (big blind) Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 8: FOLDERR won Total ($2290) HI:($2290) with Full house, nines full of queens [9d As - B:9s,P:9d,B:9c,B:Qs,B:Qc]
Seat 9: THEMOR Folded on the POCKET CARDS

nomasburros

nomasburros

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont care what position im in or nothign ..if im ss with AA...im all in preflop every time.

B

bbc008

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
make a minimum raise and see what happens.....

might get call....call...and someone pushed all in trying to steal.....and there u go....u go heads up with that....and ur chances are a lot better than going against 3-4 callers...

and u get ur money's worth

peach68

peach68

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
When making your bet you need to consider what you'll have remaining in your stack for if &/or when you'll need to bet out on the turn.
In this case I personally would've raised a bit more preflop, mainly because I'm in SB.,... so to around 260-280 would be my preference, leaving me around 850 behind.
In this case you have what.. 905 left,... 480 in the pot. I'd say to bet out 400, but for sure getting the rest of it in if raised or on the turn.
You're not shortstacked here,... it's still early levels and you've got like 19bbs and over 11M.

F

freerollerjk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd raise, to build a little pot. Check call the flop, bet raise the turn. But really, looks like it's too easrly in tournament to get any real value.

T

THGE

Enthusiast
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Anybody like had a pair in this hand and you are short stack. Just call and wait the move of your opponents. If somebody raise or push all in, you will be in a good position to play.
If you don't put yourself in risk in this time, you don't will earn much chips.

A

antizzle23

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
u couldnt help it that he hit 2 of the 3 cards in the deck he needed to beat u
u didnt play it bad at all.......u can do everything right and still have it go horribly wrong
if u have a Q there he feels dumb for even playing after the flop....

H

HipHopStoner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well if you really low stack try.. Pick up the pot right away.
Mid low stack should try to slow play and get as much out of them as possible.

J

josh_dei8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From the SB, I'm making a standard 3.5X raise + 1 blind for any limpers. After Seeing the flop, I'm going to either shove or checkfold. A bet after the flop to see where you stand is going to put you severly crippled in chips. If you shove, looks like he is still calling. The board just hurt you badly. You didnt play that badly. It just shows some will make any call preflop with an Ace, X.

Sumun

Sumun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you should know if those players are agressive or not, and think how much would they call
raise what you think they are going to call

Y

yankeenut23

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would def. raise here..AA gets cracked so much that if you limp and lose you will kick yourself in the*** for not raising. Raise like 260...and hope to weed out the hands that have a potential of beating you. And try and get into a h2h with someone..your odds of winning are way better that way.
yankeenut23

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
heads up i think is an instant all in ....

OP is not head-up yet. OP is in SB and there is still the BB left to act. OP has a limp in front, is short stacked and has the BB still to act behind.

Most of what is being posted here is, IMHO, post count spamming :(

H

hbkmad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i was heads up after the flop
OP is not head-up yet. OP is in SB and there is still the BB left to act. OP has a limp in front, is short stacked and has the BB still to act behind.

Most of what is being posted here is, IMHO, post count spamming :(

T

tdude

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah i agree if these players are aggressive, check, wait till a big raise, and then you can even raise. put them at the position that they bet so much that they feel like they have to go all in.

F

fabiodirlei

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I just complete the blinds to see the flop. After the flop, I will make an analyses of the flop cards and decide what I will have to do. My better options are raise or check raise after the flop.
In another words, I will try to earn more chips possible with this hand.

R

rufzilla

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it depends on how agressive that person is, but sometimes they just get lucky especially in your case. You shouldn't feel bad because there are people that would call with anything no matter what and hope to catch something

P

paumarhas

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how long have you been playing? are you real good?
i've been playing for almost 4 years now and i wouldn't play $60. sng., if that's what you were playing. that's pretty steep.
someone already brought it up in a reply, if your playing this high you shouldn't be asking for advice, you should know what to do.
sorry my advice is play limits suitable to your experience. unless you can well afford playing these limits for practice - go for it.
the biggest problem with monster hands, they are very hard to fold.
you could of just put your opp on Qx and been done with that hand. moved on to next hands with better spot for you.
sorry and good luck on the next one. :)
ps. it's much easier to give advice, the hard part is taking your own advice.

Melkor

Melkor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OP: You played the hand fine. You have to bet the flop as it is drawy and 9s will definitely call a bet so we are betting for value. You have to shove the turn because even though it is ugly we are pot committed. It is difficult because our stack size is really awkward so shoving the flop is absolutely fine too.

The nasty thing about this hand is that we can't get away from the turn which is terrible but a flop value bet and then a small shove on the turn is actually a good way to get the stack easily of any 9, TT and maybe lower pocket pairs on a blank turn as they can't resist the pot odds.

Last edited:
Tom1559

Tom1559

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would raise it to either 3 or 4x BB and try and suck them in. There is a risk here but you are hoping that they will call or even reraise before the flop and that the flop will not throw up any nasties.

L

LizzyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As is..your beat. Check/fold. Nobody is going to call with QQ on the board unless they have the Q. Probably KQ or AQ.

At $60 SnG's there are many at this level who are professionals. I really doubt your villan is bluffing.

H

hbkmad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KK mid to short stack do you raise all in?

ok now would you move all in with a m=6 and the blinds equal to 225. On the button with kk or would you limp in and see a flop. It's 9 player sit n go and there are currently 6 players left. It's an Ultimate turbo also

L

LizzyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok now would you move all in with a m=6 and the blinds equal to 225. On the button with kk or would you limp in and see a flop. It's 9 player sit n go and there are currently 6 players left. It's an Ultimate turbo also

The last thing you want to do is slow play KK. insta-shove.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Stage #1456977914 Tourney ID 1859509 Holdem Single Tournament No Limit $60 - 2009-02-09 00:37:58 (ET)
Table: 26858606 (Real Money) Seat #2 is the dealer
Seat 1 - - - - - - MRD ($1945 in chips)
Seat 2 - BIGISLANDMAN ($2595 in chips)
Seat 4 - JAKESNAKE55 ($1115 in chips)
Seat 7 - LONERUSS70 ($2870 in chips)
Seat 8 - FOLDERR ($1751.55 in chips)
Seat 9 - THEMOR ($3223.45 in chips)
JAKESNAKE55 - Posts small blind $30
LONERUSS70 - Posts big blind $60
*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to JAKESNAKE55 [Ac Ah]
FOLDERR - Calls $60
THEMOR - Folds
- - - - - MRD - Folds
BIGISLANDMAN - Folds
JAKESNAKE55 - ??

WHAT??? Okay right off the start here this does not make sense. In what SNG do players end up with partial fractions of chips? Total chips do add up to 13,500 though.. so am assuming a 9plyr. sng, 1500 starting stack.
Next thing that REALLY doesn't make sense. You're playing a $60 buyin sng (I've also never heard of a $60 buyin... I've heard of a $50+5 & a $55+5 but then again I don't play on all of the sites) and you are not even sure about how to play a very simple hand here? That seems about as odd as some of the replies on this thread.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
When making your bet you need to consider what you'll have remaining in your stack for if &/or when you'll need to bet out on the turn.
In this case I personally would've raised a bit more preflop, mainly because I'm in SB.,... so to around 260-280 would be my preference, leaving me around 850 behind.
In this case you have what.. 905 left,... 480 in the pot. I'd say to bet out 400, but for sure getting the rest of it in if raised or on the turn.
You're not shortstacked here,... it's still early levels and you've got like 19bbs and over 11M.

Well said Peaches!! I wish I'd read your response here first, prior to putting in my own worthless verbiage.
I do find it odd that the top of OP's post states '$60' but then he re-itterates and says '60cents'. Well if it's 60 cents and villain is VP$IP 50% I would've played this hand wayyyy differently. Preflop raise in SB has got to be BIG... you can't let this donk in the hand with something like Q-6s or some other 'flushmaster' donk hand. Limping in (completing SB) pre is not an option (you're not on the bubble with a puney stack!.. and even then I'm probably shoving.. maybe).
Taking the time to actually count how many hands villain has played??.. wow.. that sounds time-consuming. Why not assess opponent's play throughout game,.. surely you already know he's a loose/passive player. MAKE HIM PAY!!!
.... next!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
NO! Standard raise. It also depends upon how short you are (6M or 6bbs?). With blinds at 75/150 you've got what around 1350 or 1400 chips? It depends on what the play on your table has been like and what your play has been up to this point (ie. have you already shoved on a shortstack a few times.. probably not,.. if you had I would just shove again here).
As it is.. I'm saying standard raise here preflop although the shove may appear weak and get a call. You are under 10bbs. What would you do if you had something like A-7s, or A-8o?? Or QT+? Just shove it in!
See.. I'm going back & forth... cuz I don't know the dynamics of your table. I'm also not familiar with the play on those tables (is there alot of highblind limping? or do they know the push/fold game?).

Status
Not open for further replies.