Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JoeDi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think i'm pushing half my chips after the flop.. qq or not.. or possibly check raise..

M

MANAMAL

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA & short stacked

No matter where Im at chip wise, I always raise at least 500 chips with AA. Slow playing aces has lost me more chips than won. If you coax the all in, I could think of no better hand to commit with pre flop. No one in there right mind ever backs down with pocket aces pre flop, if you do, your not gambling!
And if your short stacked what better hand to try and double up with?

popo12

popo12

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd keep slow playing check-call..until the river

If it's your first bid then bid a reasonable amount..if he keeps calling..fine wait till the river and bust him,
If he's raising your bids each time be carefull he doesn't have two pair...If he has kept raising after your value bets...wait till after the turn and bid really high to chase him away..because he's already got his first pair and prhaps might luck out on the river. If he calls your last high bid then just hope for the best.

popo12

popo12

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also I hope you are not playing...

UB because I see AA come in last with three others calling loads of times..I almost felt scared of betting with AA over there lol.....
They should call it UBB....Ultimate Bad Beat.

L

loveb24

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
that UBB was pretty funny:p that happens in all the sites a lot in pokerstars too well i lose always there...i think a good raise is better than the slow play imo.
gl:)

UB because I see AA come in last with three others calling loads of times..I almost felt scared of betting with AA over there lol.....
They should call it UBB....Ultimate Bad Beat.

B

bbc008

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the truth is......there is no right or wrong

only the winner is right......

REALLY.....the one that wins the tournament.....is the one that REALLY right

X

Xyphon

Enthusiast
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
The last thing you want to do is slow play KK. insta-shove.

I agree. I have slow played KK too many times and been busted over the head to ever try and slow play them again. I will take my smaller earnings in chips than wait around for the river rat and his card.

T

theholdemhitman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When playing aces it could be a easy way to lose all your chips. I try to get as much as i can in if not all b/c it is very easy to over play aces.

A

aceup21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on how they think your playing

Are you playing tight or loose and aggressive. If your playing loose before you were delt AA and you go all in everyone would assume you were just ace hi or you were trying to steal the blinds, But if you were playing tight before you were delt the aces and you go allin then everyone else would probably fold unless they have a descent hand.

ITS NOT WHAT YOU HAVE ITS WHAT THEY THINK YOU HAVE
ALSO HOW YOUR PLAYING {TIGHT-LOOSE} HAS ALOT TO DO WITH IT

H

honos

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
slow play is the wrong decision. Just play it like AK,AQ or JJ. raise 3 bets of his

J

JoeDi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Truthfully i would have made a bigger preflop raise in hopes of getting called.. Decent hands usually call smaller stacks because of the limited exposure.. Most people see smaller stack over raises as people trying to steal the pots and call again because if the limited exposure.. 2nd on the flop i think you really needed to represent the Q.. All in is your best move there.. In the end if he calls your sunk by a suck out but hey thats why people raise big to make sure you dont get sucked out..

A

aceup21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well

depends on how their playing, tight or aggressive
atleast the minimum raise

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A few people have already said this, but I think it'd be wise to make as big of a raise as you think will get called (in your case, it seems like the villain is pretty loose) and then shove the flop, almost no matter what.

S

Skidmark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
limp reraise maybe good option if the table is aggressive, and dont let people to limp. otherwise make your standart raise

P

Peterr211

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After the turn, I'd have checked and seen what he did. He already called once, telling you he probably one of the two cards. Now you're probably beat! Your stack is significantly crippled, but it isn't so bad that you can't come back from it. Yes, you are probably looking for a future hand to push with, but as it stands after the Turn, you are likely giving away your chips with no reasonable chance left!

1rainbow

1rainbow

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there's no way i'd let anyone see it cheaper than all in
gotta pay to play :)

razin-n-blazin

razin-n-blazin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it was not 60 dollar sng it was 60 cent sng :) and it was a 9 player single table sit n go.

This makes a really big difference here. Opponent is calling off a lot of chips. In a $60 sng you would definitely expect someone to have something, leaving me inclined to check/call, perhaps check/fold the turn or river here. In .60 sng this guy could have anything and I probably would've gone all in on the flop to try to protect my hand.

CrossCrucificio

CrossCrucificio

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stage #1456977914 Tourney ID 1859509 Holdem Single Tournament No Limit $60 - 2009-02-09 00:37:58 (ET)
Table: 26858606 (Real Money) Seat #2 is the dealer
Seat 1 - - - - - - MRD ($1945 in chips)
Seat 2 - BIGISLANDMAN ($2595 in chips)
Seat 4 - JAKESNAKE55 ($1115 in chips)
Seat 7 - LONERUSS70 ($2870 in chips)
Seat 8 - FOLDERR ($1751.55 in chips)
Seat 9 - THEMOR ($3223.45 in chips)
JAKESNAKE55 - Posts small blind $30
LONERUSS70 - Posts big blind $60
*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to JAKESNAKE55 [Ac Ah]
FOLDERR - Calls $60
THEMOR - Folds
- - - - - MRD - Folds
BIGISLANDMAN - Folds
JAKESNAKE55 - ??

I would pull the so called stop and go strategy here. Just call the blind and then shove all-in on the flop. Either way your going all-in no matter what. At
least here you can get some people to put in chips for you. Sure the risk would be leaving your AA vulnerable but hey your short stacked, committed all the way. So when that flop comes, just shove, someone might just double you up especially if they pair up.

S

soonerdel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
raise to about 200.. beg for a re-raise then ship it.
if you get flatted on your raise be ready to shove the flop.

B

bobphilallo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise about 2-3 times the big blind and then from the flop you either go all-in if he bets and if he checks you bet about 2/3 or 3/4 of the pot. Then when you are ready maximize youre chances of winning by pushing all-in when you feel it.

K

kcirjr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are not shortstacked.... you should raise enough that people cant call with crap but not enough to scare everyone off. You rather people fold and you win then someone hit with a donk hand and you lose all your chips

FereZ

FereZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ummm...
You should slowplay that hand.. :S check at flop, if he bets, raise or all in.
And hope that he dont get anything. ;D

PC69

PC69

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If Iam short than i just push it in. This guy called your raise pre then after the flop. So in that particular hand i think your losing no matter what imo. That guy seemed pretty adament about playing that rag hand. U got unlucky but i think your outcome remains the same no matter how u played it in that spot.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i wouldnt say you short stacked but definatly looking to double up i a hurry. i make it 300-360 pre flop then i'm in it to the river. after the paired board i figure its a pretty safe flop i fire out 1/2 to 2/3 the pot. or the most i think will call me with a worse hand. w/AA i'm pretty much comitted to this pot. doesn't mean i'll just shove the chips in. if he calls my flop bet i may slow down if i think he got the Q.

Status
Not open for further replies.