Be honest, what sports where women participate do you like to watch?

cindymagaly

cindymagaly

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are many sports where we participate but very few are more seen than the male counterpart, as for example in soccer where men will always dominate audience, income and others ... That is why my question, I for example practice soccer and tennis but the support is next to nothing.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
There are many sports where we participate but very few are more seen than the male counterpart, as for example in soccer where men will always dominate audience, income and others ... That is why my question, I for example practice soccer and tennis but the support is next to nothing.

Women tennis is only watchable without sound lol ...

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Well, women have been striving for parity in sports for decades. Until Billie Jean King organized the women's tennis players , no one took them seriously. In fact at the time cigarette companies thought it was clever to campaign using womens tennis - Virginia Slims etc. So women's sports will always be playing catch up to one degree or another with men's which is long established and well sponsored.

However, over the last few decades women's sports have come on in leaps and bounds

Take soccer. The US national team has been a massive draw in the States as they have been world champions - they get more coverage/viewership than the men's team. Similarly, women's pro soccer grows more and more, particularly in the UK where top teams such as Arsenal take huge pride in their women's team.

Likewise, women's pro basket basketball has solid viewership in the US.

Women's Tennis now has parity regarding payout at the Grand Slams.

Personally, I like women's tennis and I also like women's golf. However, delve a little deeper in the States and you can find some budding stars in many sports.

There is a current generation of high school to college girls in the US that are going to become world class as they consistently break all records within their age groups- Katlyin Tuohy and Jenna Hutchins are already watched by tens of thousands on You Tube and the sport supported by the likes of Foot Locker. They are likely going to be Olympians and the interest in them at that point should be huge.

A few decades ago runners such as this would have little to no recognition so the world is changing and faster than we tend to think.

cindymagaly

cindymagaly

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you for your comments, if most of the sports in women are tennis because it is an almost equal game between men and women, it would only change the height of the athletes, speed and range but it is not as perceptible to the viewer as in others. Sports where the differences between men and women are too noticeable, it is not the same to see the FIFA World Cup in men than in women, they are two different worlds.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to watch women’s Canadian soccer team. Great team.

C

CourtJester

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Other than poker? Tennis, Volleyball, Soccer, Skateboarding, X-Games, Roller Derby.

J

johnsonmad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also like woman's tennis. I grew up watching the William sisters dominate. I also like watching woman's basketball. College and professional. I like the Uconn Huskies and the Connecticut Sun.

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
love bowling

will watch women play bowling

BillyDuke1989

BillyDuke1989

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you mean collective sports, then of course it is volleyball, if you mean individual sports, then no doubt tennis.

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I know, it is not popular in South America - maybe in brazil, I am not sure -, but in Europe the women handball is okay to watch - generally I don't watch sports anymore since few years or very rarely, but earlier it was okay. Also volleyball - i dont like much, nor playing or watching but it is still in the okay cathegory... swimming and kayak, but i watched only the national competitions, world cup, european cup, olympics - it is pretty much national sport here, and they are good in those...

Women tennis is only watchable without sound lol ...

Funny how differently we think about that, women tennis is only listenable without watching it....:):):)

B

benitwapasu

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I enjoy watching women's curling more than men's curling

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
All sports that I watch men play, I like to watch women too, with the exception of football.

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
High jump in athletics. These women are so fit.

Navin Sarabjeet

Navin Sarabjeet

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
SR
Chips

To be honest woman's tennis keeps me from falling asleep, but as Risto already mentioned: without sound is better or else.....:D

But overall I like all sports that women are participating in, from athletics to poker.
Tehy really do amaze you especially those little girls at the Olympics:eek:, they take my breath everytime away and i hope some day my daughters do the same:)

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
MMA

78f0406ca5566febdc2afa964824268b.png

69690df21741b075d22af67a48d65069.png

A

AllOut

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Volleyball, I'm not a fan like had never set alarm for any game however I think I probably watched most of the games of latest national tournaments as Euro and Tokio20. It was all fun and interesting games. Team Serbia, America and Turkey are my favourites.

pandaboy

pandaboy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many of them can be watched, but there is also women's football :)

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The ones where they wear short skirts. :D

I AM SORRY for being so "sexist" but you did say "BE HONEST". :)

So my two women's sports that I watch are:
1. Golf, and
2. Tennis

And no, I'm not a pervert and I am not drooling when I watch these sports.
I do respect women, but I am not ashamed at all to admit I enjoy seeing pretty women who show their beautiful legs. :D Perhaps this is called a "fetish", but it is not really a sexual thing for me, I admire beauty and there is no shame in it at all!!!

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
woman in sports

Will watch woman competing in skiing events, and track & field . Thats my top 2 choices in watching woman's sports

GL ALL :D

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Golf.
Downhill skiing.
Archery.
Short track speed skating.
Surfing.

maneger1984

maneger1984

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, w.tennis is the most popular women's sport, just look at their fees.

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars