Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe that the majority who use hud do not know how to use it!

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think if you want to make money with online poker you can't do without tracking software. When you sit down at the table you don't know how many fish are sitting there. But you need a lot of fish at the table to make a profit. As soon as too many good players join in, it is no longer worthwhile for the poker professional. Even he cannot make the necessary profit against good players. You can also better assess your opponents if you have statistics about him. In a dynamic game like shorthand, this can be very useful.

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

Certainly. In general, all my big winnings are not related to this program. I believe that those who use this program are playing dishonestly.

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not like to use that type of tools and cattle without using them, but it is very valid everyone handles their own style.

AllinIgor

AllinIgor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think it really matters other than for really skilled, high stakes players.

Most lower stakes folks are playing basically the same way. You see a LOT of flips, which by definition require zero skill, other than perhaps whether to throw the dice or not. A HUD won't tell you if your opponent is flipping with JJ or AK. That part is all guesswork,

Thanks bro!

Bobbybones1950

Bobbybones1950

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a great tool. I'm old and my Memory is lacking. The Hud remembers everything for me.

:joyman:

det0nate

det0nate

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A hud dont make a player a winning player,
It is just a tool that helps you make wiser plays .
I personally dont care if i have a hud up or not

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, yes, I don't really like using those programs, but well, I won without using these programs, I won thanks ...

J

Jaywizzlez

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely, but if a site allows HUDs, not using one will put you at a severe disadvantage. There are plenty of sites out there that are active and don't allow HUDs that you can try.

Something I like to do on sites without a HUD is to create a really good shorthand that you understand(Ex. FD = flush draw, TPOK = Top Pair ok kicker, BWC = Always bets when checked to, etc.), and tag notes for players where you can observe the showdown. The key points to list are their bet size amount in relation to the pot, hand category/relative hand strength. Once you gather a good sample of this data, it can really help you see if they are underbluffing/overcalling in certain spots and assist you in making better thought out hero call and bluffing lines.

meagain00

meagain00

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe. And I think that is more fair to all. I don't use it. But my winnings are very small, this is because I don't study poker enough. For those who study and watches classes, there's no problem to win without a hud.

mmeagain00

Pammypoo

Pammypoo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’ve never played HUD either, but if you get used to it, you can definitely get a very big advantage with it even if someone only plays at 1-2 tables. Unfortunately, I’ve never reached a level where it’s worth taking, but I’m sure I’d love to use it because I think it’s a big advantage.
WOW..I really wasn't aware that most poker sites allow this..THINK its a big advantage?? YES INDEED this is a HUGE advantage How much does this cost? This can't be free stuff.:eek:

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
HUDs only give you information it gathers on players you play against, In order for them to be effective, so they need thousands and thousands of hands before they start to be any use to you.
If you are a committed player wanting to play 6 or more tables at the same time then I suppose over time they would be helpful, they count stats on how many times they limp, raise or 3 bet in a game among other statistics, some of which may be no use to you.
But not every Pro uses one. Lex Veldhuis a streamer from Holland does not use one and he has been a successful Pro for many years now, you can watch him live on Twitch T.V.
You have to pay for some of the HUDs as you do if you enroll with some of the on-line tuition Professionals and they can be expensive. so you need to ask yourself do you need one and does the expense warrant the outlay?
Personally I am only interested in playing for low stakes and for fun that is why I play free-rolls on-line, they give you the training you need to play for long hours against ever changing opponents as the tables balance, this training becomes invaluable when you enter a live tourney as they can go on for days, and no HUDs in a live game, so if you become dependent on a HUD how are you going to cope in the real World?

When the fun Stops, STOP!

eRaS55

eRaS55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also have never used one or even bothered to do much research on it. But based on what I read here, color me intrigued! I've been playing a while and my game is pretty okay. I see, the main resistance to it seems to be more a matter of pride as opposed to any major negative effects. Maybe I'll get one just to check it out for myself.

Is it something that can be turned on and off at any time once installed? Could you then decide to use it only in higher stakes games and have the best of both worlds?

Also, what is the kind of info you'd get and how would you then apply that in the game?

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It would be interesting to hear from one or all of the CC pros on this topic.

You don't have a HUD when playing live poker so it has to be possible online as well.

R

Rabberto71

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to be honest and say I’d never heard of one until recently :mad:
That said, I hold my own most of the time and never used one

123cards321

123cards321

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is possible however much easier with a HUD, look at michael loncar he has one and is a pro in ACR but barely uses it

eRaS55

eRaS55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So another question... Are you able to tell if somebody is or could be using one? Are there any telltale signs to look out for?

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I have been a winner and I do not use this type of tool, everyone has their way of playing, of course this tool is used by professionals, but hey, everyone has their tastes.

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It might be an advantage, but I've been a profitable player for over 10 years and don't use one. I think they are BS

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You might not want to play with a HUD but tracking software like PT4 is an invaluable learning tool if you know how to use it.

Winner Poker