Can you be a winner online without Hud?

MatiasGomez

MatiasGomez

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think you need a HUD to be a winner at poker. Just a lot a study and dedicate the necessary time. It is a game that requires a lot of attention and a lot of dedication. With that you can achieve good results.

Mohamed48

Mohamed48

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Whoever loves poker does not need these tools, as I said, as they do more harm than good

Johnny78B

Johnny78B

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I play poker for many years, but never used Hud, do you think it's a big disadvantage for those who do not use?
I in particular think the game loses its beauty, but I also understand that professionals need this tool to get more profit.
Never used HUD or other software and will never use it. For me it is like using a doping in the sport or some kind of cheats. I am usually taking notes and put colors on the players which is helps me to see skill's level of players a little bit that's it.

S

stargeezer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Great to know.

I guess it's like people can't reverse a car without using those cameras.

They can't play poker without those HUD.

Though poker tracker sounds a little more interesting.

marianexbj

marianexbj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you play 1 or 2 tables at the same time in mtt I think the hud is not essential, since you can be attentive to the movements of the opponents and take note if you see something out of the ordinary. To play more tournaments at the same time if the hud is essential. Since there are movements that you will miss and you will not be able to know what type of player you are facing. Always giving my opinion on MTT

deputat777

deputat777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker for many years, but never used Hud, do you think it's a big disadvantage for those who do not use?
I in particular think the game loses its beauty, but I also understand that professionals need this tool to get more profit.

I always play without HUD.I'm used to doing without it.As for me, this is superfluous.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I never play more than 1 table at a time now so I don't need a HUD, and I know of Pro Players that never use one, I play for fun, not to make money, although the occasional win keeps my head above water and my bankroll moving in an upward direction is all I can ask for.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

S

SuiGeneris89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mixed feelings

I have never used a HUD and I have very mixed feelings on it. I would be excited to hear from people that use a HUD to say if it actually made their game improve. I see the argument and agree with each side: I don't use a HUD because it's a crutch or 'Cheat'/Using a HUD is common practice and to not use one makes an already difficult game even harder....

My last thought on it is probably going to be polarizing, but the main reason I'm considering getting a HUD is to hopefully identify the bots quicker. I know, I know, not everyone thinks sketchy things are happening at the tables, but I do.

So, what has been your experience? Once you go HUD you never go back?

T

Tieferausch

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, I think it depends on the level u play. If u play higher level at pokerstars I think u need a HUD simply cause everyone has one. Lower limits u can beat with making notes and highlight the players by colors.

But.. For me more important: In the Holdem Manager I can analyse your own game. I see where I win and loose my money and this is the best about it.

Greetings,
Sebastian

S

SuiGeneris89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
great point

You have to adapt and you will not grow as a player without using HUD in 2021. The biggest benefit of usinfg ststs is that you will begin to understand your own actions and mistakes.

This in and of itself may be the reason I get one, great point.

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can you use a HUD in real life?

I guess it's a rethorical question:)

And yes I don't find a HUD helpful. Maybe it works against novice players, but a real shark will always play different than statistics tell. I know it's hard to understand because numbers never lie, but after a long journey into poker I like keeping it raw, nothing else then the App itself and some music in the background. But for sure a HUD can help, especially in a grinding sesion, just not my thing):

eRaS55

eRaS55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So... Installed Hand2Note and wasn't the best experience for me. It's just so much info and not intuitive at all... I have no clue what all the info is. And with the info it does supply, well I prefer not using those statistics when deciding on a play. It's better to feel the situation and player instead of relying on that number. I won't continue with HUD.

I have now begun to guess when players are using HUD against me.... I dont know for sure but I assume those who always try to bet me pre flop as well as after flop coz these are when I mostly fold. I have used this to my advantage, slow playing when I hit, or 3 bet or shove when I dont.... works lol

eRaS55

eRaS55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh.... forgot. I also had a terrible glitch in that the player infos are not properly displayed. Meaning the info for any player will be fount aligned with the seat of a different playetr.

All in all I found it too distracting... so no thanks. I think HUD is better suited to beginner players who struggle to read a game.

Spielkind

Spielkind

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
im playing now 10 years without, using last 2 years icm counter-- but im playing positions and having fun with results. The Hud Killer is only the River :D GL ALL

L

Lieutenant_OH7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Isn't this a stupid question? Lol, are there winning players at networks like GG (that don't support hud)? There you got your answer ;)

Besides that, alltho myself I'm not a big hud fan either but sure it does help, mostly the basic things like vpip, agression ratio, PFR etc.. More in defail stats like HM & pt provide, which looks like a christmas tree to me, I think is not so important. After all it's not cuz you know a player is known to be this or that, that it will also be the case in a certain hand you are in, only in some cases it can help..

G

Galette71

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello is it possible too know what HUD is please

AllinIgor

AllinIgor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My personal opinion is that the HUD in a certain way over time leaves players, let's say limited, especially when playing live, but against the odds, I believe that anyone who plays over 5 tables online, needs this tool to become more profitable, I eat at most 4 tables, I don't feel the need. Regarding bots, some people see a lot of ghosts, it can even happen, as there have been stories in the past, but nowadays I don't believe there are bots, and I trust 100% in all the poker rooms I play, of course that is my personal opinion. Good luck at the tables!
I have never used a HUD and I have very mixed feelings on it. I would be excited to hear from people that use a HUD to say if it actually made their game improve. I see the argument and agree with each side: I don't use a HUD because it's a crutch or 'Cheat'/Using a HUD is common practice and to not use one makes an already difficult game even harder....

My last thought on it is probably going to be polarizing, but the main reason I'm considering getting a HUD is to hopefully identify the bots quicker. I know, I know, not everyone thinks sketchy things are happening at the tables, but I do.

So, what has been your experience? Once you go HUD you never go back?

B

beatlebug

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have won without Hud at different venues. Sometimes, I do not even want it as it becomes annoying to me. Hope this helps.

Beatlebug

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. I do not use a HUD. I can not afford the software. I try to remember players that regularly plays' ranges. I can't use it at live tables, so I do not use them online. I play regularly and absolutely enjoy it.
Gader

AllinIgor

AllinIgor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is hard to know when a player is using HUD bro, there is no way to be sure, maybe he is playing according to what you have presented on the table, people who have a good range and play in position, can easily decipher after a few hands, which you can have. Good luck at the tables!
So... Installed Hand2Note and wasn't the best experience for me. It's just so much info and not intuitive at all... I have no clue what all the info is. And with the info it does supply, well I prefer not using those statistics when deciding on a play. It's better to feel the situation and player instead of relying on that number. I won't continue with HUD.

I have now begun to guess when players are using HUD against me.... I dont know for sure but I assume those who always try to bet me pre flop as well as after flop coz these are when I mostly fold. I have used this to my advantage, slow playing when I hit, or 3 bet or shove when I dont.... works lol

AllinIgor

AllinIgor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, definitely not a stupid question, if it were, there wouldn't be such a big debate with opinions both in favor and against, if you found the stupid question, maybe this post or even a poker forum is not good for you. Good luck at the tables!
Isn't this a stupid question? Lol, are there winning players at networks like GG (that don't support hud)? There you got your answer ;)

Besides that, alltho myself I'm not a big hud fan either but sure it does help, mostly the basic things like vpip, agression ratio, PFR etc.. More in defail stats like HM & pt provide, which looks like a christmas tree to me, I think is not so important. After all it's not cuz you know a player is known to be this or that, that it will also be the case in a certain hand you are in, only in some cases it can help..

Winner Poker