Can you be a winner online without Hud?

Valera979

Valera979

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so, professional players use HUD to play live poker? HUD's are just a tool nothing more or less than that.
ah, and i tell you a secret, using a HUD won't make you to avoid badbeats.
Good words! We will know!!!.

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it possible to win without HUD? I will try to answer this question.
So, of course, you can win without HUD. This happens all the time in live games and on sites that block it.

However, if you are going to play 24 tables at the same time without a HUD, then your goal probably does not meet your requirements. Okay, but if we consider less extreme cases, can we win?

I think we should always ask ourselves, are we winning to the maximum? And the absence of the "information edge" that the HUD provides us with will create a decent head start for opponents who will have the HUD at hand. I believe that poker with HUD is not poker!
This is a fairly common opinion among live players who are not very familiar with online or simply do not want to get acquainted with it. It is often said that the HOOD in some sense replaces the brain in poker, prevents players from using it in the way that the game originally intended.

When a person plays at several tables, the HOOD is necessary for him to make up for the lack of information, due to the fact that he simply does not have time to physically track every action that occurs at the tables, unlike live poker.

Y

YR2311

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that if you rely on HUD so much you become a robot and that's sad.

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker for many years, but never used Hud, do you think it's a big disadvantage for those who do not use?
I in particular think the game loses its beauty, but I also understand that professionals need this tool to get more profit.

I think u can win without any HUD, but it helps a lot. And if you look at top winning players, the majority uses it.

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Using HUD certainly helps with decisions in tight scenarios. Using GG Poker's built in HUD at just a minimum glance, at least lets you know if opponent is tight or aggressive - and that helps with your next play or reaction to opponent's bet.

E

Ellah10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont play with a HUD and im up a bunch.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Having a HUD is not always an advantage. Until you have enough hand the info you have is limited as hell. Some stats you need to play thousands of hand to really have a clue what they are doing. Then you have players who change there way and style of play. That uber LAG may be a nit now and you call his shove and he has the aces now. A HUD does give you an advantage but not as much as many people believe.

B

beatlebug

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes you can as I have played lots of tournaments without using HUD and have won many of my games. I lost my laptop and had to reset it, then it took me awhile to get back my HUD. While I was trying to get my codes, I played without it, and had some good luck not using it.

Beatlebug

D

ddsnoops

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HUD is only going to give you a slight advantage and it need lots on info to calculate that advantage so many hands are required. In the end it still up to you if you want to go all in.

davidjavi31

davidjavi31

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly, it is not an obligation to use it, it could give you an advantage but I do not think it is greater

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's certainly possible to profit without a HUD but you will be limited in some regards

If you are playing tournaments where the player pool is vast and you rarely see the same players then you aren't giving up a ton by not using a HUD.

If however you are playing cash games where the field is small and that data is worth a lot, then you are giving up a lot by not using a HUD.

If you are playing few tables where you are paying close attention, then once again you aren't giving up a lot (and I find when 1 or 2 tabling I don't need it)

But again if you are playing many tables then the reads that a HUD gives you is essential.

I understand your thought that the HUD makes the game less beautiful, but when you learn to use the HUD properly another type of beauty reveals itself. It's like having a new tool that can allow you to do things more effectively.

We use many tools in life to make things easier, more efficient, all kinds of beneficial things. And the HUD is just that ultimate tool for poker, a natural creation of technological evolution that yes... it has a learning curve... but once learned yields great returns.
can i just program the hud to automate my responses for the hands situation and Villian for when specific flags are met.

lol i just described a bot:cool:

davidjavi31

davidjavi31

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it could help you, but it is not necessary to win a tournament, in my case I have never used hud and I play online without problems with good results

F

firerain

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would agree with the responses that you can win without HUD. However, you have to limit the number of tables, so you can pay attention and take notes. HUD would help with your study by making easier to perform hand reviews.

T

tiefgang23

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont play with hud since 1 1/2 years and very profitable, i make notes to the players and just playing with watching how they play / betsizing, postflop how they play etc, just do some study and take some days off before u go again in a tournament, it helps a lot, keep up gl

Greetz Tiefgang

Valera979

Valera979

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would agree with the responses that you can win without HUD. However, you have to limit the number of tables, so you can pay attention and take notes. HUD would help with your study by making easier to perform hand reviews.
Good information.

GDubs13

GDubs13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know you do not need a HUD to win tournaments. I have won a couple now without ever using a HUD. However I have been looking into using a HUD for the first time now I feel like I could use the help as I have been struggling lately with getting into final tables!

bapfel

bapfel

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I`ve been playing for one year without a HUD, and of course I won some tournaments. Perhaps I will try in any time, but I don`t like the idea of it, not to have the same level playing field.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play poker for many years, but never used Hud, do you think it's a big disadvantage for those who do not use?
I in particular think the game loses its beauty, but I also understand that professionals need this tool to get more profit.
if you never used a hud then you are missing out on valuable insight
into at LEAST what your opponents can view on you !!!
using the hud provides alot of awesome information and I advise all amateurs and newbies to use it!! SOMETIMES!!
Do not get so accustomed to the HUD
that you cant determine an opponents playstyle without it
learn the hud and how to use it,
then understand your stats and how your opponents use your stats against you
practice understanding what your opponent thinks of you after doing certain actions % of the time
and how they play back.
Nothing better than raising any 2 cards for1/2 of the last 30 dealt hands
destroying your HUD stats
then switching to a tight(ROCK) gear and only raising premium.

Huds don't tell anyone that the player has switched gears and is raising only aq+ qq-AA

so think about that for a second or mabey a week

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I havent used a HUD for a single game this year and have easily 10 1st places in MTTs
heres 2 firsts at the same time a turbo and a R+A mtt
bc9371d2eb6de8ce8d440e664dbd93b8.png

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've actually be reconsidering not using a HUD (on one site I play on you can't use em anyways) and on the other site I think it's doing more harm than good.

I noticed myself becoming more distracted with a HUD sometimes and maybe making plays because of the HUD stats on another player and yet my intuition says in that spot another play/line is better. I think it makes me second guess decisions or make lines I might not normally make, or just lock onto the HUD stats but miss info on the board. I actually think I pay attention LESS with a HUD. And in live poker there is no HUD and one still needs to identify the fish, the sharks, the lags, the nits at the table..one should be able to do that live or online.

So I'm going to try not using the HUD for a while (but still track results and my own stats) and see how it goes. Some of my best wins (esp in tournies) have been on sites like Bovada where there aren't even usernames to track players and where HUDs have very limited value.

It's also possible I just don't wrap my head around HUD stat usage well enough as I've always been more into the psychology of the game and feeling the flow of the game, watching board textures, betting patterns, positional awareness. My feeling is that it doesn't matter if the other guy tends to "fold to C bets 80%" of the time if the board texture compared to their play in this current hand is screaming they aren't folding to the C bet here. I think a lot of players get stuck on the HUD and then are annoyed when the player behaves in a way that isnt what the stats suggest. Saw a sponsored site pro in chat a few weeks ago tell some guy "you weren't supposed to have that hand in that spot..." to me that's an over reliance on HUD stats and the trend towards assuming players are playing nuanced ranges based on position, stack size, and board texture.

I think players should learn without a HUD then decide when adding one in if it helps, hinders, or is neutral for their game. I think I've found it distracting so going to test without it for a while and see.

Winner Poker