Can you be a winner online without Hud?

O

olesyafarion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't use Hud. But maybe I will use it in the future. I think it is necessary for good results in a serious game. This is a big advantage in my opinion. Without a Hud, I won several small tournaments, where most likely, too, few people use Hud.

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The truth is I have never played with these systems, they do not attract my attention although I already know how to use it but I do not like to play with my wisdom and knowledge

N

nauhziy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Are there any free HUDs that people can recommend?

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am for fair play. Not using additional programs in principle. I have won several tournaments.

4give4live

4give4live

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker for many years, but never used Hud, do you think it's a big disadvantage for those who do not use?
I in particular think the game loses its beauty, but I also understand that professionals need this tool to get more profit.

I don't use any programs either. But the fact that they give an advantage is undeniable. This is a dossier for each player.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
By "Lazy" I mean that you reach a certain point in which you are playing according to an external software, you get so used to it that you end up playing kind of conditioned. Like "OK HUD, tell me what to do now" or "wait, I'm not gonna call because the HUD is telling me I shouldn't"

Actually its more like the other way around. When I play online with my HUD running, I dont even look at the HUD before making the vast majority of my decisions, because they are kind of automatic. But then there are spots, that are sort of close, and then I will look at the HUD to see, if it can help me make a decision.

In a lot of spots though the sample is simply not big enough. If for instance I get raised on the river, then HUD data will rarely help me to make the best decision, because the opponent might only have been facing a bet on the river 3 times, and what he did those 3 times tell me virtually nothing. Instead I need to rely on old fashioned hand reading, poker instinct and game theory. Like how high in my range is this hand, did the draws miss or get there, do I have relevant blockers etc.

But there are some spots, where HUD data is usefull. Say I opened a hand from UTG and got 3-bet by the player next to add. If this player is tight like a 15/11 with a 3-bet of 4, then I have no problem giving him credit and fold even hands as strong as 99 or AQ. But if he is a maniac like a 62/46 with a 3-bet of 29, then I am not going to fold anything to his 3-bet. Instead I am going to throw a 4-bet in his face with hands like 99 or AQ, because they are so far ahead of his range, that this is actually for value.

and I can assure you, you woulnd't have a chance in a physical table against people whose brains are more naturally self-trained than huddies ones, because you won't have anyone telling you what you should do. I repeat tho, if you plan to play only virtual poker, stick with it, you will have an advantage vs players who don't use it.

If I ever move to live poker, I am sure, not having a HUD running is the smallest of any adjustment, I need to make. In live poker you need to keep track of everyones stack and the pot size manually, and you need to worry about not giving away psycical tells. You also need to deal with not getting bored and start to make fancy moves, when you only see 30 hands an hour rather than 300 when multitabling online.

AndyFio

AndyFio

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think in inexpensive tournaments yes, because nothing prevents you from simply memorizing general information about your opponent's bets and finding out his style of play. And already, based on this, place bets in the bank and play.

gaarsiass

gaarsiass

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PL
Chips
playing with HUD surely increases the help. But answering the question whether it is possible to win without the HUD, I will answer that it is possible I managed to do it several times, during a tournament with a lot of players. (Over 1000)

T

Tachkum

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Haven't used any yet, I'd rather improve my play without external help. Because at live tables you won't have a HUD to help you.
I think people might become lazy with a HUD, thus less likely to learn and improve.

You have to adapt and you will not grow as a player without using HUD in 2021. The biggest benefit of usinfg ststs is that you will begin to understand your own actions and mistakes.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’ve never played HUD either, but if you get used to it, you can definitely get a very big advantage with it even if someone only plays at 1-2 tables. Unfortunately, I’ve never reached a level where it’s worth taking, but I’m sure I’d love to use it because I think it’s a big advantage.

T

Tachkum

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker for many years, but never used Hud, do you think it's a big disadvantage for those who do not use?
I in particular think the game loses its beauty, but I also understand that professionals need this tool to get more profit.

Perhaps, if you try to play with HUD , you will emphasize a lot of new things for yourself and do not want to play without it at all (just kidding).

C

ChuckNola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As long as you play only one table and you pay attention to the game and make notes on each players tendencies you don’t really need a Hub because that’s all a Hub do is take notes for you.

I like the Hub because I like to do other stuff while playing and the Hub takes the notes that I should be taking. Sometimes I do 2 games at a time and I be looking at stuff on Twitch or YouTube or whatever else. Sometimes I even play chess on a different browser.

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have not come across such programs, I play without. What if you try this will become the best game, where you can download what you recommend and which one !?

V

VBB112

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The HUD is invaluable when playing 4-6 tables. Especially as I frequently see 10-20 competitors pretty often. Also most spots are stratighforward, but I usually run across several each session where I'm, 'Huh, did I play that the right way?" I can mark those hands for future review/reassessment or run them by friends for their thoughts.

I use PokerTracker4 but I've also heard good things about Hold'em Manager. I think the same company owns both products but I'm not sure.

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played and won almost always, without the need for programs or poker traker or holden manager, well everyone has their way of playing and their strategy, these servers are tools and they are valid.

in poker technology, is not invading...

AdonisPimenta

AdonisPimenta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never use it, I know that GGpoker already have inside of its program some kind of helpful tools

R

Rabberto71

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I’ve never heard of it and am happy to play by my own intuition :(:confused:

Vivaly

Vivaly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe I can be a winner without a HUD. Never used a HUD. And I'm not going to. There are people looking for poker books and there are people looking for poker software.

AllinIgor

AllinIgor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was a winning player LONG before I got HUD. And even having HUD has not improved my game tremendously except that it allows me to play more tables at the same time. I am the type of player who wants to observe and take notes on what the other players are doing so that I can figure out what they are doing wrong. HUD can help with that...say that a player is playing too many pots but limping in every one of them, HUD will show you their VPIP (times they enter the pot voluntarily) and PF (preflop raises). It is quite common to see a VPIP of 45 and PF of 12. This means that the player either limps or calls a bet in front of them and sees the flop on 45% of hands but is only raising 12% of them. So, this player raises when he has a stronger hand and limps when he has other hands that he wants to at least see a flop with. While this is very useful (along with the amount of 3 betting a player will call) information, this is info that you can observe without a HUD. You just have to be observant at the table and not try to play too many tables at once. Personally, I do like my HUD but I also see people becoming overly reliant on them. Remember that it is only a tool. Take the numbers I gave for example, say you are going to use those numbers to base a decision on a hand after only 30 hands against that player. Well, that's generally a mistake because it is a small sample size. But I see others do this all the time.

What I actually find most useful about my HUD is that it shows recent hands that each player took to showdown. You can use this to see what they are opening with, in what position and compare that to how they played the hand. Also, I really like using it to go back through hands that I played to break them down and see how well I think I played a hand.

In general, I like to play one (sometimes two) tables at a time and focus on it. The pros ALL use HUD so that they can play 30-50 tables at a time. I think this is terrible. I know about win rates and averages and making money, yada yada...but really, I want to win and I want to be in great form for live tournaments where you don't have a HUD and you are only playing 1 slow table at a time. That's just me though.

Very good your considerations, thanks!

KasyakoFF

KasyakoFF

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are an amateur and only play for fun, then you don't need a HUD! but if you are focused on getting a certain income from poker, then you can not do without it! when you play one or two tables at the same time, it is still possible to keep track of the players, you can understand what cards they come into the hand with! regulars play more than 10 tables at the same time, and here comes the HUD to the rescue, it becomes clear at a glance who is bluffing and who is not to be trifled with!!

T

tata777rus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HUD is prohibited on pokerstars. :confused: Well, I don't use it, I play it myself. Sometimes I get into prizes, but this is rare.:)

R

romamirr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

With HUD it is easier to play several tables, the game does not lose its beauty at all, but gains.
Recently, I only play with HUD, the game has improved dramatically, you can see where I make mistakes in the game and fix them.
Without a HUD, you can also win, no doubt.:rolleyes:

Flower2211

Flower2211

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, at a table where there are 6 people it is quite easy to memorize the style of bets and opponents' games, and you can read them without a program.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think it really matters other than for really skilled, high stakes players.

Most lower stakes folks are playing basically the same way. You see a LOT of flips, which by definition require zero skill, other than perhaps whether to throw the dice or not. A HUD won't tell you if your opponent is flipping with JJ or AK. That part is all guesswork,

Winner Poker