Poker software = cheating?

Bugi

Bugi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think huds are legitimate and useful tools. Those who care to take the time to learn how to use their hud will benefit in the long rum.

In the heat of play an opponent's short term VPIP will give you a quick glance how that player is playing in a particular round. If you have long term stats on that player you can get a deeper understanding of his tendencies by looking at other stats in the hud..

If you have a job and are pressed for time it's a challenge to use a hud efficiently. If you choose not to use a hud those who do will have an advantage over you.

I like to pick at learning phrases and pronunciation quirks in other languages. Balancing that with all my interests is a challenge and requires working on optimal time management.

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Software isnt cheating, its allowed in almost all sites, you need to look their rules before u install any software, huds doesn't give that big edge because u need to play with the same players over long period of time to get some information about them. Playing micro-mid stakes u wont see same players that often and not that much information.

zorro222_zorro222

zorro222_zorro222

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
saying its cheating is like saying using batting gloves in baseball is cheating or using cleats in soccer/football is cheating.... something that helps you doesn't necessarily mean you're cheating

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea its kinda cheating but the smart player can still do it manually so and sum of the sites you can mark yr opponents and sum you can't (that is kinda cheating but we will still do it if we can..lol) so its about which site you choose. I don't play big money so i don't sweat the programs and such but anyway 1 can cheat and profit and there will always be cheaters so Good luck.

Robsant

Robsant

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think cheating because it's available to everyone

B

bigthereal

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont know, I dont use it as I am a totally amateur player :D

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You have taken it very personally that people use, and like, this allowed software. You have taken it so personally that, in your post above, there are some somewhat hidden and some very obvious insulting comments towards me and others. I do not understand this. I would have enjoyed explaining why I think what I think, but to be then talked to like I am less than you makes me no longer interested in investing time in this discussion. It also says a lot about who you are, but that is not my problem. But, when your words are there, well, I can't really help but see them.

Yes sorry man my bad. To be honest it's just i guess im just having too much problems in my personal life that im taking everything around overly personal/sensitive and defensive. Well still if you see someone overreacting to somthing you dont go and make fun of him like BasTid man. Telling me i make zero sense whatsoever. I guess i just got upset about it, but anyway you are right and i am sorry.

Your first paragraph shows me that you have one way of seeing things, and when I try to present an alternate way of seeing this, you refuse to even think of trying to see things from my point of view. (You do not have to agree with someone to try to see it their way to better understand their thoughts) It also shows me that you have zero understanding of what is involved in using the information you get from the software. I mean, really zero understanding of how it is used. I would explain in more detail, but.....

Again im sorry. Im just going through too many things at the moment. :(

But it is your attitude more than anything that convinces me that an open-minded discussion just ain't gonna happen with you. You are, in your mind, simply right and that is the end of the story. I encounter this much too often (usually not in the poker software world, but hey...) and if someone shows they believe to already know it all, that's fine with me. I personally prefer a path of humility and curiosity, among others, but each must walk the path of their own choosing.

Thats a fantastic path and i prefer it too. Well its just few people already came here and talk like im a joke puting me in a bit of defensive mode. And i guess i can understand them, im not quite making myself clear enough, too much you know feelings too little sense, i guess.

OK. That's your path, and that's fine. Enjoy your life and stay healthy.

I would, however, like to know how you made your living from Poker for 2 years. If you would be so kind, what stakes were you playing, was it live or online, and how many hours a month were you actively playing, and how many hours a month were you actively reviewing your play in any form at all, and how did you perform this review? All questions a pro can answer fairly easily. Thank you.

Sure i can explain. But first of all i aint no pro. I just wanted to say that im having no problems with my game im totally satisfied with how it is.
I started playing maybe like 10 years ago just for fun it was a free website called celebpoker, it was very popular back in 2010 and plenty of people were playing there. So i played for maybe a year and started wining and having alot of fun doing that. Even tho it was just for fun. Note that on highest level people played really good as there was no real way of gaining chips rather then win them. U could buy from site but prices were ridiculous. So then when i start getting to top winers on the site people start asking me to sell those chips to them. So thats it. I was selling those chips to people, they send money to ewallet and then we go to private table and i was losing chips to them.

As for real poker, well i think the last month i won maybe 500 dollars. You could look me up on sharkscope - abgvedr on ACR and vovcke on BlackChip. Well im not saying im any good, beating microlimits does not make you a fantastic player. Anyway. Just wanted to say that frustration that you could have seen in my posts doesn't come from the game, but from the problems in my personal life. And im doing my best to you know speak with my mind, but some people doesn't make it any easier.

Well anyway. Sorry guys.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes sorry man my bad. To be honest it's just i guess im just having too much problems in my personal life that im taking everything around overly personal/sensitive and defensive. Well still if you see someone overreacting to somthing you dont go and make fun of him like BasTid man. Telling me i make zero sense whatsoever. I guess i just got upset about it, but anyway you are right and i am sorry.

Again im sorry. Im just going through too many things at the moment. :(

Thats a fantastic path and i prefer it too. Well its just few people already came here and talk like im a joke puting me in a bit of defensive mode. And i guess i can understand them, im not quite making myself clear enough, too much you know feelings too little sense, i guess.

Sure i can explain. But first of all i aint no pro. I just wanted to say that im having no problems with my game im totally satisfied with how it is.
I started playing maybe like 10 years ago just for fun it was a free website called celebpoker, it was very popular back in 2010 and plenty of people were playing there. So i played for maybe a year and started wining and having alot of fun doing that. Even tho it was just for fun. Note that on highest level people played really good as there was no real way of gaining chips rather then win them. U could buy from site but prices were ridiculous. So then when i start getting to top winers on the site people start asking me to sell those chips to them. So thats it. I was selling those chips to people, they send money to ewallet and then we go to private table and i was losing chips to them.

As for real poker, well i think the last month i won maybe 500 dollars. You could look me up on sharkscope - abgvedr on ACR and vovcke on BlackChip. Well im not saying im any good, beating microlimits does not make you a fantastic player. Anyway. Just wanted to say that frustration that you could have seen in my posts doesn't come from the game, but from the problems in my personal life. And im doing my best to you know speak with my mind, but some people doesn't make it any easier.

Well anyway. Sorry guys.

Thank you for this answer. I am very pleasantly surprised, I did not expect such a humble answer, and that is my fault for prejudging how you might respond, and I will apologize for my wrong prejudgement even though you probably would not have even been aware of this.

First of all, thank you for explaining why your attitude was coming across as it was. I am sorry you are having troubles in your life that cause you to react as you described above. But this is something that is simply human. You seem to be someone who also likes self-reflection, and this is a great way to improve life's quality without material or emotional needs being met. If I may be so presumptuous, there is a book I have recently read which I found phenomenal. It is called "Riding the Elephant" by Ray McKinley. I found it helped me tremendously to view myself in a more observative way as opposed to a judgemental way, meaning that I will see more of what I do and less of why I do it, although the "why" is still important to understand. It's kinda hard to explain in a couple of sentences.

Let's say someone says "You are an asshole" to you. Is your initial impulse to hit them, to ask them why they think that, to step back and wonder if there is maybe some truth to the statement, and so on. Many ways to react. Many ways to think. Many ways to feel. Many ways to compare this to other situations in the past. Anyway, I know I am derailing, but if this has piqued your interest, maybe give that book a look. And, full disclosure, I am in no way affiliated with the book nor do I know the author nor do I profit in any way if you would buy it. I simply find it one of the best self-reflection books I have read.

Now, back to the software. I think I get where you are coming from. But you yourself have also stated (and I 100 % agree) that the software does not make a player better. But the same info you gather at a live table, like bet sizing, VPIP, position play etc. will be gathered by the software. But if you do not know how to intelligently use this information, it will not help. If you have stats that show a river C/R means he is strong, and you still refuse to let go of AA when he C/R OTR with some kind of coordinated board, then the software is trying to give you info that you refuse to accept. (Not "you" as in you). So the software simply gathers info that you can filter and isolate. What each individual does with that info will show how in tune to the game they actually are.

I used the software, as I mentioned, and it was incredibly hard work. I had to filter my big wins and losses and then observe the hands off the table, see what mistakes I made or what stats I missed or misread and so on. Like if I had an average of 6BB/100 hands, with 24 tables I had 2 BB/100 hands, but LOTS more hands per hour. Of course, 2BB/100 hands will probably still see you getting eaten up with rake depending on site and stakes. And, after a few years of hard work and many hours invested, I had to admit that I am nowhere near good enough to play poker as anything but a hobby. It hurt for me to admit this, but it helped as well.......

I appreciate your poker story and thanks for sharing. And thanks again for your post above. Lifes problems can be overwhelming at times, and especially in times like we have right now. We only walk this planet for a few steps before we are gone. When life throws obstacles in our way, it is up to each individual to decide if the obstacle will be a challenge to overcome, or simply a reason to become bitter. (Yea, it is way more complicated than that, I know, I'm just sayin...)

Anyway, good luck to you and keep playing your poker. Stay safe and healthy.

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

The reason that my statement, that I consider it cheating, was refuted was that , someone that doesnt is lazy, and it is fine. By that token chess playeers should not play they should use a computes. \or dominos players etc. I know it is prevalent and profitable, but it is still cheating. Study and practice , but the player should be the player not a computer or programs.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im not using any software to show player stats, and i think its somwhat cheating.

I have a job and i simply don't have enough time to sit there and investigate that data for half of day, and use all those tools and trackers, you know, cause i have a job.
So basically people who decided to not have job and have ton of free time to use some tools and stuff, and they are rewarded for that by having all the stats in their hands.
And thats very unfair at my opinion.
And now, even if i had some free time, i would still not use those tools. Its like killing the game and i just dont see no fun in this. Poker must be fun. Everything must be fun.
I agree with you, my dear friend. The technology isn't just where it should be, it's being used in places that get in the way of the fairness and shine of things. I don't see the need either.
And it's not just poker.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Poker tracking software is allowed on certain sites, where it's allowed it's not considered cheating since the rules allow the use of it. Higher Win rate is more often then not achieved by running tacker or one of it's variants.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with you, my dear friend. The technology isn't just where it should be, it's being used in places that get in the way of the fairness and shine of things. I don't see the need either.
And it's not just poker.

The poster you replied to and I had a disagreement of sorts (but we are good again, I believe) and it was because of a statement like you just made.

Where does this get in the way of fairness? It is a known fact that many sites allow the software, so you know in advance before you play at a site if there may be people using software. It is your choice. Using it is hard work. You choose to not use it, and then claim the people who pay money for the software (which will in and of itself not make any difference at all) and then they spend hours learning how to use it (now it may make a difference).

You spend no money on it, no time learning the uses of the software, but you will tell someone who does that they are being unfair.

Please try to help me understand why?

And if you could elaborate more on what you mean in your last sentence? This software is ONLY useful in poker. Or are you speaking of something that is not really pertinent to this discussion?

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks man. I will take a look at the book.

I really did not mean to sound so anti hud, like i said somwhere along the thread that im not even sure whats up with that hud thingy, but it just felt very wrong. Thanks for explaining another point of view, im certainly getting more and more into hud, not quite there yet, but on the way. My biggest concern about hud was that it stores stats about your play in some database, kind of like that sharkscope monitors all the poker rooms and then shows those stats to players. But apparently it does not. It only uses the stats that you generated playing with those players on your table. So with that understanding i definately calm down about hud.
Anyway thaks man. Nice talking to you.
Thank you for this answer. I am very pleasantly surprised, I did not expect such a humble answer, and that is my fault for prejudging how you might respond, and I will apologize for my wrong prejudgement even though you probably would not have even been aware of this.

First of all, thank you for explaining why your attitude was coming across as it was. I am sorry you are having troubles in your life that cause you to react as you described above. But this is something that is simply human. You seem to be someone who also likes self-reflection, and this is a great way to improve life's quality without material or emotional needs being met. If I may be so presumptuous, there is a book I have recently read which I found phenomenal. It is called "Riding the Elephant" by Ray McKinley. I found it helped me tremendously to view myself in a more observative way as opposed to a judgemental way, meaning that I will see more of what I do and less of why I do it, although the "why" is still important to understand. It's kinda hard to explain in a couple of sentences.

Let's say someone says "You are an asshole" to you. Is your initial impulse to hit them, to ask them why they think that, to step back and wonder if there is maybe some truth to the statement, and so on. Many ways to react. Many ways to think. Many ways to feel. Many ways to compare this to other situations in the past. Anyway, I know I am derailing, but if this has piqued your interest, maybe give that book a look. And, full disclosure, I am in no way affiliated with the book nor do I know the author nor do I profit in any way if you would buy it. I simply find it one of the best self-reflection books I have read.

Now, back to the software. I think I get where you are coming from. But you yourself have also stated (and I 100 % agree) that the software does not make a player better. But the same info you gather at a live table, like bet sizing, VPIP, position play etc. will be gathered by the software. But if you do not know how to intelligently use this information, it will not help. If you have stats that show a river C/R means he is strong, and you still refuse to let go of AA when he C/R OTR with some kind of coordinated board, then the software is trying to give you info that you refuse to accept. (Not "you" as in you). So the software simply gathers info that you can filter and isolate. What each individual does with that info will show how in tune to the game they actually are.

I used the software, as I mentioned, and it was incredibly hard work. I had to filter my big wins and losses and then observe the hands off the table, see what mistakes I made or what stats I missed or misread and so on. Like if I had an average of 6BB/100 hands, with 24 tables I had 2 BB/100 hands, but LOTS more hands per hour. Of course, 2BB/100 hands will probably still see you getting eaten up with rake depending on site and stakes. And, after a few years of hard work and many hours invested, I had to admit that I am nowhere near good enough to play poker as anything but a hobby. It hurt for me to admit this, but it helped as well.......

I appreciate your poker story and thanks for sharing. And thanks again for your post above. Lifes problems can be overwhelming at times, and especially in times like we have right now. We only walk this planet for a few steps before we are gone. When life throws obstacles in our way, it is up to each individual to decide if the obstacle will be a challenge to overcome, or simply a reason to become bitter. (Yea, it is way more complicated than that, I know, I'm just sayin...)

Anyway, good luck to you and keep playing your poker. Stay safe and healthy.

J

Jrobbz10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well you said it yourself, you have a job. That doesn't leave you with much free time and makes you a recreational player, nothing wrong with that.
As to cheating when using HUDs, it's not up to you or myself to judge. The poker sites have high level software specialists, intelligent and smart enough to decide if a program can be considered a cheating tool or not. That's why some of these tools are allowed and some are banned. Like everyone else, you have the right to use whatever lawful edge you can get, but you cannot deny that same right to others. GL man..

Well said. The software, as helpful as it is, isn't gonna help when the villain shows up with Ac when 4 clubs show up on the board. It also isn't gonna prevent someone from slow playing a flopped straight with 62o on a bomb pot. Too much variance in poker for the software to be considered cheating. I think software is helpful for grinders who play multiple tables at a time for hours on end each day and that still isn't gonna prevent them from going on a mega cooler even if they have 2k hands worth of info on every single one of the other players at the table.

J

justdoit

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yh dude huds are cheating 100% (i hated finding out about it) it ruins the game and distorts what poker is by alot, people say it just picks up patterns like youd do anyway yh true but the depth too its crazy also unless you got a super human memory crazy focus even the patterns you spot yourself your forget if had no hud and its the accuracy of it street by street position by positions, you can really break someones game down to the minute if your good at analysing statistics,

also it allows people to multitable which can be seen as a positive or a negative depending how look at it, as it slows down the pace of play (trust me i used to genuinely think people were thinking hard lol, but then realised always timed out which is annoying as slows game down for no reason kills the fun i used to play just 1-3tables when first played poker as well i werent using a hud and i wanted to spot patterns keep eye on hands not in and what people were doing and how often etcwhat was going showdown blah blah.

another negative of huds is the games naturally get tighter and nittier preflop this goes for the regulars recreational and the fish like the whole player pool on the whole becomes far tighter preflop at least.

so called fish to rec to reg or pro ratios gets thrown way out of whack meaning if not bum hunting on some sites your kind of wasting your time, as your either being breaking even vs others marginally winning or marginally losing so your potentially spinning your wheels wasting time paying lot of rake unless genuinely the best person on the table everytime and you dont have tilt or emotional issues at all like a normal human being.
(cause at the end of the day most of the profits in poker come from playing not people a little worse than you but people that are significantly worse than yourself...... or gamblers maniacs.... or yes people monkey tilting hardcore) we all pay alot of rake end of day unless play very high which most poker players dont most are in the 2nl-200nl level and really 2nl -50nl level more.

i dont like huds never have but the sites where there not allowed GGpoker (i dont trust as a company at all so im not even risking depositing there), partypoker i like but softwares kind of crap the warning noise is annoying also i used to always get disconnects lagging and the games liquidity when last on was kind of rubbish (have palyed there in while as i cant log in need to send more documents or something which sucks, but i dont miss the software its ugly), SkyPokers games are good softwares bad as in cant alter betsize buttons etc but pace of play is good not long timebank which keeps the speed flow good also leads to quite alot gut tells me mistake calls lol as really dont hand that long to make decision or work out whats been bet into what lol, but pool is very small so eh and good when good meh when meh, when micrgaming was still a thing i really liked it there low rake and all that no huds

But yh huds definitely cheating but as everyones (majority of people on site have use one now, its i dont know) i dont like it changes game from game of incomplete information and pick up patterns information during session, to oh game of actually quite alot of information and ill remember your tendencies next time i play you too and not forget as my hud will remind me of such.

personally i think there should be a table cap on most poker sites less rake and a double colour coding system maybe an avatar tag thing and a notepad that you can take notes on for each street or something or general.

HUDS are cheating no one can really argue there not.

J

justdoit

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks man. I will take a look at the book.

I really did not mean to sound so anti hud, like i said somwhere along the thread that im not even sure whats up with that hud thingy, but it just felt very wrong. Thanks for explaining another point of view, im certainly getting more and more into hud, not quite there yet, but on the way. My biggest concern about hud was that it stores stats about your play in some database, kind of like that sharkscope monitors all the poker rooms and then shows those stats to players. But apparently it does not. It only uses the stats that you generated playing with those players on your table. So with that understanding i definately calm down about hud.
Anyway thaks man. Nice talking to you.

yh no it does i learnt recently theres a site called statnames.net just google that and put poker at end that site even though not super accurate (least mine is one site isnt the other) but is accurate enough and casually shows the world your rough stats winrate game play tendencies patterns.
lol sad state of affair online poker.
annoying as online pokers got lot going for it in terms of short handed games and pace of play etc just some real messed up stuff with it on top.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
GGpoker (i dont trust as a company at all so im not even risking depositing there)

I was going to try it, definately the best software in the market by way to far. But i also had some doubts as i watched some GG streamer, and hes just getting some ridiculous amount of good hands, every hour of any of his stream he has more good hands then i have in a whole week of playing.
But franckly i don't think poker roms nowadays really have to cheat,GG has i believe the most traffic right now its the biggest room, so they really making too much money by rake itself to cheat. As for the streamer i mentioned i really don't know whats up. If they manually get him more action then wouldn't it be obvious at some point? Or it's just on GG every player gets that much action all time. Im really confused.
As for PartyPoker aggreed, ugly software. Really its the common issue for all the rooms. They think they can make some software and have it for decades and it be alright. Like the gap between GG and other rooms is really too big. Like pokerstars really looks like windows 98 style, ACR like Windows XP style, ugly buttons ugly sounds. On iPoker their softwareis so glitchy is crazy. The login window when i type my name it takes one whole second for a letter to appear in the textbox after i press the button. Its 2021 dude what the frog.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yh dude huds are cheating 100%

1****also it allows people to multitable

2****But yh huds definitely cheating but as everyones (majority of people on site have use one now, its i dont know)

HUDS are cheating no one can really argue there not.

You are entitled to your opinion, but it is somewhat irritating when you present your opinion as "fact".

And, 2**** how do you know the "majority of people use one"?

1**** Allowing multi-tabling has nothing to do with a HUD. You can multi-table without one, as I do. So you see, I no longer use one, but I still don't like it when people change the definition of a word to suit their own personal opinion.

One can easily argue that it is not cheating as has been done here.

Again, your opinion is fine, and I have no problem with people who do not like tracking software. But to make a false claim "it is 100% cheating" is simply silly. To also claim that your opinion is such a "fact" that "HUDS are cheating no one can really argue there not." is kinda weird, as this thread has many arguments on exactly that.

If it is allowed (as it often is) then it is not cheating. Language, and the meaning behind words, are important. To change the meaning of a word to suit your claim is lame. Sorry. Seriously. Look up the word "cheating" and see if the definition fits. Hint: it does not.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
HUDs are a useful tool, and are allowed by many sites because they only show information on players actions that you are playing against. This is already available to you if you kept records on players you regularly come up against.
Bots and other types of software however make the decisions for you and are only used for cheating other players out of their money, and are banned by many sites and you could lose all your bankroll if you were found to be using them.
Personally I would use neither as I only play for fun and cannot justify paying for this type of software as the level I play is Micro and low level buy-ins, and most of the players I come up against play the same way, they are not going to spend money on software that gives them an edge over me, to win Free-roll MTTs and $1.00-$5.00 buy-ins, it just would not make economic sense.
If you feel you are being cheated on some site because of this type of software being used against you, then do the sensible thing and walk away.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
HUDs are a useful tool, and are allowed by many sites because they only show information on players actions that you are playing against. This is already available to you if you kept records on players you regularly come up against.
Bots and other types of software however make the decisions for you and are only used for cheating other players out of their money, and are banned by many sites and you could lose all your bankroll if you were found to be using them.
Personally I would use neither as I only play for fun and cannot justify paying for this type of software as the level I play is Micro and low level buy-ins, and most of the players I come up against play the same way, they are not going to spend money on software that gives them an edge over me, to win Free-roll MTTs and $1.00-$5.00 buy-ins, it just would not make economic sense.
If you feel you are being cheated on some site because of this type of software being used against you, then do the sensible thing and walk away.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

Yea, using one really only makes sense if you do multi-table a lot, or somehow have a lot of hands even if you do not. The HUD is only effective if you have enough hands (stats) to actually have the data give you balanced and good information.

For a low volume player, it really makes very little sense to use a HUD, unless you want to review hands later, and (as far as I know) this can be done otherwise for less money (I think?). Using the software for hand/play review is one of the largest benefits IMHO, and this is done when you are no longer playing.

aleomar86

aleomar86

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not use it, but it is not a cheat, since everyone has the possibility to use it. What I do think is that it would be better without that, but hey, it's used for a reason.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The poster you replied to and I had a disagreement of sorts (but we are good again, I believe) and it was because of a statement like you just made.

Where does this get in the way of fairness? It is a known fact that many sites allow the software, so you know in advance before you play at a site if there may be people using software. It is your choice. Using it is hard work. You choose to not use it, and then claim the people who pay money for the software (which will in and of itself not make any difference at all) and then they spend hours learning how to use it (now it may make a difference).

You spend no money on it, no time learning the uses of the software, but you will tell someone who does that they are being unfair.

Please try to help me understand why?

And if you could elaborate more on what you mean in your last sentence? This software is ONLY useful in poker. Or are you speaking of something that is not really pertinent to this discussion?

Of course we are. :)

I don't complain about people using it. If it's there and it's allowed, use it.
I just expressed my opinion about using the mind to analyze everything that happens in a poker game (which, in my opinion, is where the poetry and brilliance of poker are), replaced by algorithms that do the job (and, yes, those who use the annotated variables have a small advantage).

It's just an analysis of a lover :D (if it's allowed, use it).

Regarding my last sentence, it goes deeper.
Technology has made control and corruption much easier (it's not by chance what we're living through).

But that is a subject for another topic.

Big hug.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course we are. :)

I don't complain about people using it. If it's there and it's allowed, use it.
I just expressed my opinion about using the mind to analyze everything that happens in a poker game (which, in my opinion, is where the poetry and brilliance of poker are), replaced by algorithms that do the job (and, yes, those who use the annotated variables have a small advantage).

It's just an analysis of a lover :D (if it's allowed, use it).

Regarding my last sentence, it goes deeper.
Technology has made control and corruption much easier (it's not by chance what we're living through).

But that is a subject for another topic.

Big hug.

Now I am a bit confused. I replied to justdoit but you respond as if you are he/she...???, especially as you want to explain "your last sentence"... but it wasnt you I was referring to..

And my comment about if "we are good again" referred to abgvedr, but you say "Of course we are" as if you mean YOU are abgvedr.

Could you help clear this up?

Thank you.

By the way, your comment on technology would be a great thread subject. But I have stated my thoughts on HUD and how helpful/hurtful I feel this type of software is (hint: it is NOT harmful at all). Some technology is awesome, and some is scary.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Now I am a bit confused. I replied to justdoit but you respond as if you are he/she...???, especially as you want to explain "your last sentence"... but it wasnt you I was referring to..

And my comment about if "we are good again" referred to abgvedr, but you say "Of course we are" as if you mean YOU are abgvedr.

Could you help clear this up?

Thank you.

By the way, your comment on technology would be a great thread subject. But I have stated my thoughts on HUD and how helpful/hurtful I feel this type of software is (hint: it is NOT harmful at all). Some technology is awesome, and some is scary.
Everything is alright. He is him, and I am me.

That's it, everyone has a point of view.

Good luck to us.:)