Sean Pilgrim

Sean Pilgrim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi dj11,

PokerTableRatings.com does not currently track Rush games. However, we do track around 95% of cash game hands on all the major poker rooms.

- Michael

Except you missed about 150 hands of mine at $5/$10 NLHU when I was with AcidGrinder. I watched the replay, the pots over $150 I won don't show, but then I go from having $1k (100bb) to $2,530 in the replayer but you don't have the hands where I took money off of him. It only recorded ~88 hands from this 250+ Hand Session

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, I'm sure the answer is somewhere, but can you tell us how PTR collects all these HHs from all these sites? For instance, I am limited to observing only 10 hands at Stars with PT3... how can PTR collect all these histories, and why can't I? :confused::cool:

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, I'm sure the answer is somewhere, but can you tell us how PTR collects all these HHs from all these sites? For instance, I am limited to observing only 10 hands at Stars with PT3... how can PTR collect all these histories, and why can't I? :confused::cool:
They break the ToS and you don't.

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They break the ToS and you don't.

Can we be more specific?... how can they collect results from all those tables, i.e. are they using a table tracking system that Stars can't detect? What might that be?

Do they open up 60 tables at Stars and Tilt for example and just sit back all day? Plus track other sites? Must be some robust software... :D

EDIT: Make that 600+ tables at all limits.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can we be more specific?... how can they collect results from all those tables, i.e. are they using a table tracking system that Stars can't detect? What might that be?

Do they open up 60 tables at Stars and Tilt for example and just sit back all day? Plus track other sites? Must be some robust software... :D

EDIT: Make that 600+ tables at all limits.

Maybe the PTR guy will tell us how it's done :eek:

pfb8888

pfb8888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Except you missed about 150 hands of mine at $5/$10 NLHU when I was with AcidGrinder. I watched the replay, the pots over $150 I won don't show, but then I go from having $1k (100bb) to $2,530 in the replayer but you don't have the hands where I took money off of him. It only recorded ~88 hands from this 250+ Hand Session

-you need to play slower , especially hu , so ptr can track every hand...lol

The Dark Side

The Dark Side

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually isnt the 95% hands tracked number high?

AND if your database is incomplete your basically charging people to look at info thats not correct.

I know first hand. I stopped looking at that BS a few months ago when I realized how many hands you actually miss. Not hands, ENTIRE sessions.

And then, had the nerve to ask me to send you my HH. I ask, why? are you going to update my page? ptr:no.

DanielCombover

DanielCombover

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you think that having comprehensive and organized HH on every player at the table displayed in a HUD is inevitably going to become the de facto standard for online poker?

Do you think that the poker sites will eventually give in and start offering this feature themselves?

Sean Pilgrim

Sean Pilgrim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Zero Now. Did we scare off the PTR guys?

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PTR doesn't record any Rush hands correct?

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PTR doesn't record any Rush hands correct?

I beat you to this question and it is correct. Just as no one can watch a Rush ring or tourney (till the final table), PTR can not record those hands.

They could enter those games but the results would be so arbitrary that the info would actually taint their database. So I doubt they will want to 'pollute' their database at this point.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I beat you to this question and it is correct. Just as no one can watch a Rush ring or tourney (till the final table), PTR can not record those hands.

They could enter those games but the results would be so arbitrary that the info would actually taint their database. So I doubt they will want to 'pollute' their database at this point.

So you might see a player on PTR that looks bad but since there aren't any Rush hands recorded that player could actually be a good player?

PTR

PTR

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you think that having comprehensive and organized HH on every player at the table displayed in a HUD is inevitably going to become the de facto standard for online poker?

Right now
  1. Some users don't have a HUD
  2. Some users have a minimal HUD with only hands they played themselves
  3. Some users have a supercharged HUD with detailed stats on almost every player.
Here my prediction: In the future, more and more players will probably shift towards #3, but #1 and #2 will always be around.

Do you think that the poker sites will eventually give in and start offering this feature themselves?

This is very, very unlikely. Poker rooms are extremely conservative on giving tools to help one player beat another. They'd make the most amount of money if everyone had an equal skill level.

PTR

PTR

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So you might see a player on PTR that looks bad but since there aren't any Rush hands recorded that player could actually be a good player?

We're currently not tracking any Rush hands so that's theoretically possible. That being said, if someone is a winner at $1/$2 NLHE Rush, it is likely he will also be a winner at a regular $1/$2 NLHE game (over a significant sample size).

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We're currently not tracking any Rush hands so that's theoretically possible. That being said, if someone is a winner at $1/$2 NLHE Rush, it is likely he will also be a winner at a regular $1/$2 NLHE game (over a significant sample size).
I like how you say "currently", like it is a work in progress...how would you plan on tracking Rush stats unless you were at the table yourself, in which case you're skewing the data, not to mention breaking the TOS even more than you currently are.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

1. Why would anyone purchase info on players that in incomplete/inaccurate?

2. Is there a plan to start tracking and recording rush poker hands?

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is the same person answering these questions?

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In his work 'Leviathan', Hobbes wrote that, 'during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man' and that life is 'solitary, poor, nasty, brutish and short'. Do you agree with the fundamental ideas of Hobbes? Or do you think the state of nature is deeper than this, and that the sole goal of human-beings is more meaningful than merely the acquisition of power?

Please answer in less than 1500 words

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can ;)

You can sit down and watch ANY hand though, volume may be limited but access is not restricted.

How can you watch every/and single ones hand? Especially when they fold/muck their cards?

You might well be able to watch from a table in observer however not seeing hand history of what you like is possible buddy.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is use PTR as a casual user to check out players graphs. Not to review HH's and have no intention of doing so. Not only would this give me an unfair advantage but I'm sure everyone plays their hands differently depending on what's being drawn on the board so it doesn't seem to make sense to me. You wouldn't be long enough in a game to search their HH's for it to be beneficial to you.

I can't really see it as an advantage or illegal by the way. It's only like showing Hands being played on TV...