The Venom ACR

muse713

muse713

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do you guys think about the new Venom format?

Jankou36

Jankou36

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you guys think about the new Venom format?

I played yesterday in old format. Then i saw that it changed in a few minutes. I saw that now step 3 starts with 6 players or so, but don't know if there is an auto register still? If it is, there will be no way to unregister after step 2. :/ Good i have 3 tickets to step 3.

ggf99

ggf99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played yesterday in old format. Then i saw that it changed in a few minutes. I saw that now step 3 starts with 6 players or so, but don't know if there is an auto register still? If it is, there will be no way to unregister after step 2. :/ Good i have 3 tickets to step 3.
You have to register by your own way. Not auto registration even in step2.

D

Dan Labombard

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
THE VENOM

The Venom ACR, in my opinion this tournament is one of the best in ACR, where the opportunity to make a poker tournament without making the needs of an investment making a deposit becomes reasonably successful in the event of a first place win. Previously my eyes turned only to the PS, but today without the dream of attending the tournament, I know there is an ACR representative here in the CC forum, thank you for making my life happier, because it is the best entertainment of my life . Thank you for making me see and see new horizons.
I agree this is the best freeroll on ACR and i love it.

X

xRanieri

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really don't understand the Venom satellite structure.. There seems to be 2 different freerolls running 24/7 concurrently:

1.Venom SupSat 20Seats Freebuy 3 Seats GTD
2. The Venom Step1/6-113SeatsGTD to Step2/6

So there's like 2 branches to get a ticket to Venom?

Jankou36

Jankou36

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to register by your own way. Not auto registration even in step2.

Great, I played in new format and really there is no auto register anymore. Late registration is much shorter, so the tournaments lasts much less. I finished step 1 in 1:30 h. Probably playing step 2 is currently more problematic, cause it's still require 80 players to start tournament. Did any of you played step 2 in new format?
btw: funny that they didn't changed info on their website. Hope they will keep it for a long time cause it's great way to boost the bankroll.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My thoughts on the new structure: I like that it doesn't autoreg for the next step, I like that the higher steps require less players to get them started (in theory more of the higher steps should run more often).

Things I don't like: Since less players are required, there are less seats available for the next steps. There are less "easy money" in step 0 is late reg is only 16 minutes vs an hour so all the inactive player are out.

Overall, I think the new structure results in a tougher player pool. Before, most steps were dominated by freerollers like me. Now, I think tougher players will jump in due to smaller fields to get to the next step. Good job ACR!

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
$5M Venom tourney

I see they are planning a $5million tourney for July next year with the same buyin as it is now...$2650. Wow.....just think...a million more or less if you win!!!!

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

Thank you for the information. I hope I can get off work then. The information was needed because I do dishes at Bellisios in Duluth, Minnesota. With the right savings plan I should have the buy in needed.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Thank you for the information. I hope I can get off work then. The information was needed because I do dishes at Bellisios in Duluth, Minnesota. With the right savings plan I should have the buy in needed.
Hey ConRon....how you doing? You should be able to get in for free...I've seen you at the venom freerolls, just try and make it to the last level and you're golden. I googled Bellisios in Duluth...looks like good grub lol. pity it's so far...I'm in Houston. Maybe see you one day...

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I liked last weeks schedule where it was 2 MTTs and then the rest were effectively SNGs. I moved money into my wallet to deposit some crypto in ACR again but forget this new structure. It takes forever for a game to start. And it is multiple MTTs.

Zzzms

Zzzms

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lost the first out in the step 5 $600 yesterday AA to ten 7 . he raised pre flop fith position im big blind rerais 4x he call hits 2 tens i bet he reraises i call check turn bet out river he pushes ..

That's super gross. Ewww

C

Cralox

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My thoughts on the new structure: I like that it doesn't autoreg for the next step, I like that the higher steps require less players to get them started (in theory more of the higher steps should run more often).

Things I don't like: Since less players are required, there are less seats available for the next steps. There are less "easy money" in step 0 is late reg is only 16 minutes vs an hour so all the inactive player are out.

Overall, I think the new structure results in a tougher player pool. Before, most steps were dominated by freerollers like me. Now, I think tougher players will jump in due to smaller fields to get to the next step. Good job ACR!

I agree also, structure is way better and there is tougher players in a small fields.

With old way there were alot of people sitting out because of the auto-register and assuming they had no time to play.

L

lantz123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the venom touny it just takes so long ive tried unregistrating but no luck guess will just keep trying or get some red bull lol

eRaS55

eRaS55

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
ZA
Chips
Hey ... forgive me if this question has already been answered. I'm new around here and new to ACR as well... I've made it to Step 4 and lost out unfortunately. I am now busy with a strategy of building up at least 3 tickets per step before moving up so I can kinda have a good ticket bankroll if u wanna call it that.

Anyway after reading a few comments I'm unclear as to whether the final Venom event is played Live or Online?

Jankou36

Jankou36

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^ It's online of course.
Earlier it took place once in a week on sundays, but they didn't get enough buy-ins to cover guaranted $1mln, next one is planned at June with $5 mln guaranted.

E

Enthusiast

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Previously, I did not play in this room, but I heard about this tournament and decided to try it with good satellites too.

Jezdic

Jezdic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did not try to play but I will try. Thanks for the info.
Best of luck:cool:

eRaS55

eRaS55

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
ZA
Chips
^ It's online of course.
Earlier it took place once in a week on sundays, but they didn't get enough buy-ins to cover guaranted $1mln, next one is planned at June with $5 mln guaranted.

Thank You Jankou ... That info helps alot....

Wow $5mill is a helluva lot of money! ... So this is a first where they're having this long build up? Can probly expect a huuuuuge pool of players then I suppose. Any prediction on a rough estimate of final tally? lol ... Could 10 000 sound right? lol ...

I'm sure finishing bottom of the ITM pile would still probly bring a massive pay day though.

HeshamTwix

HeshamTwix

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
EG
Chips
What is the highest step you've reached in this tournament? for me the highest step at $ 200.

A

akjordan16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Venom

Yes its a big hit for all players, and you have over 200 days still to get in the 5,000,000 prize pool. Just get to top 3 all the way at step 6 easy peasey. LOL

eRaS55

eRaS55

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
ZA
Chips
Hey guys... Please follow my thread in the blog section as I try to play my way up to the Final Venom event.

I started the thread yesterday explaining my proposed strategy... The post is called Step Up 2019 ... Check it out follow and feel free to comment please ;)

Cheers

Z

zatchmo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone know if there's a maximum on how many tickets you can hoard for each step? Also, what happens if you(by some stroke of luck/genius) earn two tickets to the big game? Could you in theory rebuy with a ticket when you play it?

SirYivx

SirYivx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone know if there's a maximum on how many tickets you can hoard for each step? Also, what happens if you(by some stroke of luck/genius) earn two tickets to the big game? Could you in theory rebuy with a ticket when you play it?

Not sure on the first question, but your second question was asked and answered by an ACR Rep a little while back, and the answer is yes. If you earn more than one ticket to the Venom, you can use them to rebuy.

U

Unashamed88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am also very enthusiastic about this event. Does anyone know how long these 1st step freerolls will last?