Chips
I felt like I was on a space ship watching your video

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Almost folded this preflop, until the 2 other big stacks called ahead of me ...

--------------------
HAND #1
--------------------

Full Tilt, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker

BB: $10 (40 bb)
UTG+1: $25 (100 bb)
UTG+2: $54.87 (219.5 bb)
MP1: $26.58 (106.3 bb)
MP2: $12.50 (50 bb)
MP3: $56.43 (225.7 bb)
CO: $17.47 (69.9 bb)
Hero (BTN): $26.77 (107.1 bb)
SB: $31.68 (126.7 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is BTN with 7
spade.gif
heart.gif

UTG+1 raises to $0.85, 3 folds, MP3 calls $0.85, CO calls $0.85, Hero calls $0.85, SB calls $0.75, BB folds

Flop: ($4.50) 5
club.gif
club.gif
diamond.gif
(5 players)
SB checks, UTG+1 bets $3, MP3 calls $3, CO calls $3, Hero raises to $11, SB folds, UTG+1 raises to $24.15 and is all-in, MP3 folds, CO calls $13.62 and is all-in, Hero calls $13.15

Turn: ($72.42) J
spade.gif
(3 players, 2 are all-in)
River: ($72.42) K
spade.gif
(3 players, 2 are all-in)

Results: $72.42 pot ($3.00 rake)
UTG+1 showed A
diamond.gif
A
club.gif
(a pair of Aces) and lost (-$25 net)
CO showed 7
heart.gif
club.gif
(a pair of Sevens) and lost (-$17.47 net)
Hero showed 7
spade.gif
heart.gif
(a straight, Three to Seven) and won $69.42 ($44.42 net)

With no, or almost no reads I find I'm relying more and more on position and on stack sizes ie. implied odds.

SPCotter

SPCotter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice vid Joof, that music sure as hell goes well with the action!

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bookmark, just found this thread, and rushpoker, lol.
Tried it out at 10nl with $10, won $25, so took that to the 25nl, and won $60, all in about 35 minutes. Just played super-premium, AA/KK/QQ/JJ and AK, and a couple of positional hands, ran a couple of bluffs as well, all very nice, I know why they call it rush, wow, what a head-rush!

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol, just tried a quick 5 mins session at 10nl. I had AKs, villain raised it to 35c, I 3bet to a $1, he called. flop is k52 rainbow, we get all the way to river, something like KT752 flop, he shoves, I call, he's got QQ lol. Nice double up.

And just read this whole thread, lolz at the people moaning about this not being poker? Course it is, it's just poker for the IPOD, want-it-now generation, I love it!*

*Till I hit my downswing that is..............

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do Rush Poker hands count toward Poker Academy hands?

im pretty sure they do not...i had a challenge set when i was playing and i made no progress when i definately did..too fast to track probably

cha4zz

cha4zz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm still enjoying rush poker if i'm honest. For someone like me who can't afford to buy multiple screens and struggles with a multitable set-up, rush poker allows me to play 300 hands an hour with ease.

Still plenty of donks out there raising with Ax from early and mid position to make profit from, set-mining is definately the best way to make good money without losing huge amounts though.

B

budebuzz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have had mixed success with rush poker but what I realized is that it can really demonstrate your starting hand commitment, will you play a paticular hand, what position you will play a hand in and what kind of raises you will play a hand to. I started my own chart of starting hands based on my play and it helps to see where that hand falls pre flop.

Deco

Deco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn't like this at first but now I have basic stats on most players at the table I'm liking getting this many hands done and my opponents being readless. Any opponents who do have stats on me will have my regular 24/21 stats rather than my 15/12 nut peddling style I'm using to get paid off in this spew fest.

P

postflopper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have no idea what strat to adopt with rush poker. been getting smacked around so far. will go back to play money to try and figure it out.

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You most certainly will not develop much of a strategy for rush poker at play money.

The reasons:

Pre flop play will be much more passive with more limping and calling. 10nl pre flop play at rush is, imho, more positionally aware and aggressive than regular 10nl cash even.

Pre flop hand ranges will be wider enough to force a different play style to be "profitable" at play money.

Post flop play will be much softer and erratic at playmoney tables, again teaching you little about 10nl rush.

I would think even 2nl regular cash games would be a better training ground.

Rush rewards aggressive, value, ABC poker most of all.

T

thepit89

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've heard a lot about Rush Poker and I hear you can use it with omaha but isn't it a waste of time because Omaha is a postflop game?

Kasanova King

Kasanova King

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is the update for PT3 available yet?

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You most certainly will not develop much of a strategy for rush poker at play money.

The reasons:

Pre flop play will be much more passive with more limping and calling. 10nl pre flop play at rush is, imho, more positionally aware and aggressive than regular 10nl cash even.

Pre flop hand ranges will be wider enough to force a different play style to be "profitable" at play money.

Post flop play will be much softer and erratic at playmoney tables, again teaching you little about 10nl rush.

I would think even 2nl regular cash games would be a better training ground.

Rush rewards aggressive, value, ABC poker most of all.
cAPSLOCK, ur posts are always what I want to say, but Im too lazy to write it all, nice posts bud.

And yeah, ABC poker, or eben Hellmuth's top 10 hands is the way to go with 10nl rush(and some position bets, PF)

LRPharm54

LRPharm54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I might try it later just for fun.

Makes sense to me, I thought all the games were fun. I figure if you are having a good time and doing well, then you are way ahead of the game. :D

R

rugby0

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This game is fast but not much stragedy. the preflop bet is the key i think. You must play the math very carefully. It was fun for about 10 minutes.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there's a lot of strategy when you get into it.................like 3-betting positional bets, and limping with Asuited for nut flushes, etc, but Ive gone off it as well, like you, I won at it, but prefer a slower game for now!

A

AUPhoenix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
RUSH POKER

I personally did not like it. I like being able to watch the other players at the table for a period of time before I start playing to see what they are acting like.

LRPharm54

LRPharm54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will try it when my bankroll will support it. Until then I will read blogs on the experiences of others and get a little more information on the best approach in playing RUSH. Thanks everyone.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will try it when my bankroll will support it. Until then I will read blogs on the experiences of others and get a little more information on the best approach in playing RUSH. Thanks everyone.
thats what i shud have done(Im up like $50 at 1onl, but it cud have been better), there are strategies, if you can digest them, they WILL work to your benefit, gl

zek

zek

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Leave your Full Tilt open tonight!

I got a popup a little while ago and received a $5 bonus for earning 10+ FTP's while playing Rush poker.

-Raymond