Let's talk WPT Global! New Community Manager In The House

A

Ami_WPT Global

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I've actually never plalyed at the Playground... 'yet'. ;)
I'm on the other side of the country - - Interior of B.C. (7hrs. west of Calgary, 6hrs. east of Vancouver)
Great opportunity to get it done in May! it's a very impressive poker room and WPT Montreal Championship Coming up with a $2 mil guaranteed prize pool. Check out the satellites as they come especially the overlay! There may be some great opportunities to win packages.

P.S - I asked Chatgpt. "I'm about 7 hours west of Calgary and about 6 Hours east of Vancouver" where am I ?
The answer was "you're likely in or around the area of Kamloops, British Columbia. " Any good local games? interesting poker rooms around?

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
I totally disagree if you put faster blind it will turn into a bingo fest again..Always nice to have playability and not a game who turn into super turbo after few blinds.

Well you can adjust the blind levels to 7-8 minutes , it will not turn into a bingo fest. But we can save maybe 1 hour which is a good thing for many of us who can't play for more than 4 hours. Of course I am not asking for hyper turbos.

Maybe it would be better to have a poll about this and see what the members think?

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hi Ami,

There are still issues with the freeroll tickets for the Kings of Cash freeroll not showing up. I am in contact with WPTG support and they are telling me I didn't play 200 hands in the previous week. Well, I have a bad habit of clicking that button to see people's cards on the Pace tables after a hand and I did that 150 times. Which is crazy to think that I am spending around $10 on that in a week, only to get told I don't play enough hands.

PS: I rarely view cards, so I played much much much more than 150 hands. Those are just the hands that I peeked at cards afterwards.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hi Ami,

There are still issues with the freeroll tickets for the Kings of Cash freeroll not showing up. I am in contact with WPTG support and they are telling me I didn't play 200 hands in the previous week. Well, I have a bad habit of clicking that button to see people's cards on the Pace tables after a hand and I did that 150 times. Which is crazy to think that I am spending around $10 on that in a week, only to get told I don't play enough hands.

PS: I rarely view cards, so I played much much much more than 150 hands. Those are just the hands that I peeked at cards afterwards.
Update on this: Support admitted there were delays in distribution of the tickets this week. Ticket showed up sometime this morning.

A

Ami_WPT Global

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Hi Ami,

@puzzlefish I'm sorry about that; please let me check further and see how we can make it up to you for this inconvenience. What's your user? Leave here or in DM

Last edited:
puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
@puzzlefish I'm sorry about that; please let me check further and see how we can make it up to you for this inconvenience. What's your user? Leave here or in DM
Hey Ami. No worries, I was just letting you know it was still an issue. My username is puzzlefish. I think a bunch of people were affected though.

A

Ami_WPT Global

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Hey Ami. No worries, I was just letting you know it was still an issue. My username is puzzlefish. I think a bunch of people were affected though.
Thanks! I'm working with the team to see how we can address this issue permanently.

A

Ami_WPT Global

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Hi Ami,

I've recently started seeing human verification prompts start to show up in WPTG. Is this a recent addition to the platform and will WPTG be transparent about how many bots are being intercepted on the site?
Hey, @puzzlefish, Wanted to get back to you on this. Not exactly what you asked for, but an article came out today on poker fuse, about our "RIP" ( Rewarding Integrity in Poker) whistleblower program:
"
$100,000 Paid Out to Whistleblowers: How WPT Global Rewards “Integrity in Poker”
Its main goal, in the words of Alex Scott, the WPT Global president, is to ensure that cheaters can never feel safe, knowing that their coconspirators can turn against them at any point.

“In a highly organized group like that, we can get a lot of value out of having a whistleblower in the group,” Scott explained. “What our system does is gives you an incentive to whistleblow on the other members of that group.”

"

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hey, @puzzlefish, Wanted to get back to you on this. Not exactly what you asked for, but an article came out today on poker fuse, about our "RIP" ( Rewarding Integrity in Poker) whistleblower program:
"
$100,000 Paid Out to Whistleblowers: How WPT Global Rewards “Integrity in Poker”
Its main goal, in the words of Alex Scott, the WPT Global president, is to ensure that cheaters can never feel safe, knowing that their coconspirators can turn against them at any point.

“In a highly organized group like that, we can get a lot of value out of having a whistleblower in the group,” Scott explained. “What our system does is gives you an incentive to whistleblow on the other members of that group.”

"
That's very interesting. Thanks Ami. Not quite dealing with the bot issue though.

A

Ami_WPT Global

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
That's very interesting. Thanks Ami. Not quite dealing with the bot issue though.
Like I said ;) not exactly as requested. But i did want to add some more info as to how serious we take the platforms integrity. I will try to share any additional info that comes my way :)

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Like I said ;) not exactly as requested. But i did want to add some more info as to how serious we take the platforms integrity. I will try to share any additional info that comes my way :)
Hi Ami. I appreciate the message. But if this is the case, why doesn't WPTG make hand histories accessible? It's one of the first steps to protecting integrity and something we see on just about all other major sites, but not WPTG. It would also make reporting so much more effective if players could actually rely on their hand histories instead of memory.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I got to thinking more about this and decided to look it up on the internet, and found this article on poker strategy that seems to address the philosophy behind WPTG's decisions (as related to my previous questions).

Like2Play2

Like2Play2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm surprised that the minimun buy in to cash games is $5. Or it maybe is my filter.
I just opened an account with WPT, I am not sure if it's Global. I made a deposit of only $25. and I was looking for tournaments (micro).
Was looking for HORSE, 8 Game, Stud/h/l. I did not find anything but I was told I had a Free ticket: where is it.
I am so used to finding my way around PS . I just don't know how to find freerolls???
Thank You

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I just opened an account with WPT, I am not sure if it's Global. I made a deposit of only $25. and I was looking for tournaments (micro).
Was looking for HORSE, 8 Game, Stud/h/l. I did not find anything but I was told I had a Free ticket: where is it.
I am so used to finding my way around PS . I just don't know how to find Freerolls???
Thank You
You have to use the filters to choose freerolls only. Tickets are seen in your "backpack" on your account page. Except you can't seem to click on them for details. You just see what they are and go find a tournament that matches the ticket.

Like2Play2

Like2Play2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Thank You puzzle fish;

I discovered that the CardsChat Freerolls are in the Private Tournaments.

FastOne

FastOne

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Hi Ami.

I deposited for the first time 11 days ago and I've been playing a lot!

I see a section in WPT named Bonus Center. It says I have a welcome bonus, the amount I deposited and 0$ released. No expiration date, no start date, no points. And it says is Active.

Could you please explain it to me?

FastOne

FastOne

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Hi Ami.

I deposited for the first time 11 days ago and I've been playing a lot!

I see a section in WPT named Bonus Center. It says I have a welcome bonus, the amount I deposited and 0$ released. No expiration date, no start date, no points. And it says is Active.

Could you please explain it to me?
A small amount was released last night it seems. I guess the bonus has no expiration date then and it's working. But i guess it needs to be raked a lot in order to clear it, or maybe the porcentage WPT takes from every pot is very small.

A

Ami_WPT Global

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
A small amount was released last night it seems. I guess the bonus has no expiration date then and it's working. But i guess it needs to be raked a lot in order to clear it, or maybe the porcentage WPT takes from every pot is very small.
Hey @FastOne Welcome! Here it is from our terms:
  • Bonus is released in $2.5 increments for every $10 in rake contribution

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Great opportunity to get it done in May! it's a very impressive poker room and WPT Montreal Championship Coming up with a $2 mil guaranteed prize pool. Check out the satellites as they come especially the overlay! There may be some great opportunities to win packages.

P.S - I asked Chatgpt. "I'm about 7 hours west of Calgary and about 6 Hours east of Vancouver" where am I ?
The answer was "you're likely in or around the area of Kamloops, British Columbia. " Any good local games? interesting poker rooms around?
Thanks for the info. re: WPT Montreal Championship. I'm planning on doing an across canada venture this summer in my RV with some poker tournament stops along the way.
I'm 6hrs. southeast of Kamloops. Zero poker rooms in my area, closest 'was' Spokane Washington but these days it's Calgary.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I've qualified for the Bronze $100k rakeback freeroll. What I didn't notice until now is that it starts ~8-to-9hrs. before the big Sunday tournaments start... 01:00 Pacific Time. If I stay up to play it (Sat. night), I'll be wiped out for the Sunday schedule :(
I wish I'd realized this when the promo was advertised... it's too late for me to qualify for the Silver game :( (which starts at 07:15PT).. & then Gold doesn't start til' 13:15PT, 12+ hrs. after Bronze :unsure:

I'm not sure how the start times for these were organized. (Lower volume/buy-in players are in Asia region? ... I doubt that. Euros for the Silver game... and then Brazeeeeel HiRollers for the Gold game???).

Why wouldn't the organizers just have the Freerolls start at approx. the same time of the day? (instead of stretching the start times over 12hrs.:unsure:)

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I've qualified for the Bronze $100k rakeback freeroll. What I didn't notice until now is that it starts ~8-to-9hrs. before the big Sunday tournaments start... 01:00 Pacific Time. If I stay up to play it (Sat. night), I'll be wiped out for the Sunday schedule :(
I wish I'd realized this when the promo was advertised... it's too late for me to qualify for the Silver game :( (which starts at 07:15PT).. & then Gold doesn't start til' 13:15PT, 12+ hrs. after Bronze :unsure:

I'm not sure how the start times for these were organized. (Lower volume/buy-in players are in Asia region? ... I doubt that. Euros for the Silver game... and then Brazeeeeel HiRollers for the Gold game???).

Why wouldn't the organizers just have the Freerolls start at approx. the same time of the day? (instead of stretching the start times over 12hrs.:unsure:)
I find that a lot of the tournaments kind of seem to be Asia-centric with their scheduling at the moment, probably due to it being the major target playerbase which makes sense with the large population there

FastOne

FastOne

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I find that a lot of the tournaments kind of seem to be Asia-centric with their scheduling at the moment, probably due to it being the major target playerbase which makes sense with the large population there
It seems to be the case. I always see many asian players when I'm playing Pace.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

Okay, but are they all in the Bronze category? Bronze would be played at ~1pm'ish' (Asia region), Silver 9pm'ish, Gold at 3am'ish'. It seems like poorly arranged time for them as well.

EmptyHouse

EmptyHouse

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I have a question.
For every 100 hands you play each day, you’ll receive a Kings of Cash ticket. Playing more than once per week? You will also earn tickets for the Ironman competition for playing 100 hands on more than one day per week. Moreover, the more you play with higher stakes, the more tickets you will have for the weekly competition.

We hold a random drawing each week and post all 50 winners to our blog. Top winners are regularly posted to our official @WPT_Global twitter page.

On top of this huge prize draw, any player who accumulates at least 2 tickets per week will also receive an entry to our “Kings of Cash” Freeroll, our weekly freezeout tournament which will award over $12,500 in prizes!
I play in Bomb NLHE (I like this format).
Monday - more than 200 hands
Tuesday - more than 100 hands
Wednesday - more than 100 hands

I haven't received my ticket yet. Why? Maybe I don't fully understand the rules?