Let's talk WPT Global! New Community Manager In The House

A

Ami_WPT Global

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Hi Ami, I would like to be able to use my keyboard when calling/folding a hand.
(Windows PC) . Most online rooms offer this option.
Hey @balo , sry I missed you there. I'm checking with the team (y)

A

Ami_WPT Global

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Hi Ami, I would like to be able to use my keyboard when calling/folding a hand.
(Windows PC) . Most online rooms offer this option.
Hey 👋@balo This feature IS in our roadmap for the upcoming year, so hopefully sooner than later but can't say an exact time

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Suspected legal reasons .
Although you could make an exception for austria, any other room aside from unibet and PP are ignoring this since from the start .
no pokerroom has a license for Austria since we never ever issued one to any room 😜

Hey! I wish we could allow anyone who wants to play to play. Unfortunately, there are many legal restrictions and regulations surrounding online poker, which we must abide by.

A

Ami_WPT Global

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Suspected legal reasons .
Although you could make an exception for Austria, any other room aside from unibet and PP are ignoring this since from the start .
no pokerroom has a license for Austria since we never ever issued one to any room 😜
This may be a case of "better ask for forgiveness than permission" for some companies.
There is "gray" in many countries that choose not to regulate and leave things open for interpretation. On the other hand, nothing is to say they won't suddenly regulate tomorrow or decide on other random legal repercussions.

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
This may be a case of "better ask for forgiveness than permission" for some companies.
There is "gray" in many countries that choose not to regulate and leave things open for interpretation. On the other hand, nothing is to say they won't suddenly regulate tomorrow or decide on other random legal repercussions.
Nonono we don't choose to not regulate. Pokerrooms choose to ignore our laws with a good excuse since our legal situation is technically against EU law

A

Ami_WPT Global

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Nonono we don't choose to not regulate. Pokerrooms choose to ignore our laws with a good excuse since our legal situation is technically against EU law
I'm not a lawyer so can't go in the technicalities of the local vs EU laws, but you exposed the complexity of the issue.

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
there are not many choices for most US players .

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
I wish you could change the daily CC freerolls to turbos, right now it takes almost 4 hours just to finish inside top 13 for the tickets. 10 min levels. I think many players agree with me.

FastOne

FastOne

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I'm trying to make a deposit at WPT with Bitcoin.

I'm using Binance and it seems they are charging me 0.0002 Bitcoin for the deposit. Does anybody know if this fee is avoidable? I mean, is about 13$.

A

Ami_WPT Global

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I wish you could change the daily CC freerolls to turbos, right now it takes almost 4 hours just to finish inside top 13 for the tickets. 10 min levels. I think many players agree with me.
We'll take under consideration. Thanks for the feedback! if others agree, please (y) @balo post.

D

doom

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
I would like turbo lvl i am playing on mobile so i play only 2 in the same time i prefer turbos even tournament with money buy in

D

doom

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
Maybe turbos for sunday and saturday when there are more players and a lot more premium tournaments

A

Ami_WPT Global

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Hi Ami,

I've recently started seeing human verification prompts start to show up in WPTG. Is this a recent addition to the platform and will WPTG be transparent about how many bots are being intercepted on the site?
@puzzlefish Thank you for your patience. The human verification prompts are not new/recent and have been going on for some time.

Regarding transparency about bots, we're working with our partners to share more information about this and other topics related to our integrity enforcement. This should happen soon; I'll tag you when it's released.

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
This is good news, welcome! I think many will be happy to communicate with you.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hey Everyone! I'm happy to announce a unique opportunity exclusively for our community!

The first three members to make a $50 deposit and drop their user in this thread will receive an exclusive merch drop with unique items!

How to Participate:
  1. Make a $50 deposit to your WPTG account.
  2. Once your deposit is confirmed, come over here to drop your user ID.
  3. Hurry! This offer is only available to the first three members who make the deposit.

Remember, this is a 'first come, first served 'opportunity, so don't hesitate if you want to secure some Cool WPTG merch!

Let the race begin!
Best, Ami

I just saw this now!
Any hints on what merchandise that might be?

Thanks.

A

Ami_WPT Global

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
@Poker Orifice At minimum a hoodie!
Seeing you from Canada, did you happen to attend the last Winter Festival @playground?

In case you were thinking about taking advantage of the merch drop, there is also a St Patricks Day Global Spin Give Away promotion that started yesterday.
I've actually never plalyed at the Playground... 'yet'. ;)
I'm on the other side of the country - - Interior of B.C. (7hrs. west of Calgary, 6hrs. east of Vancouver)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Just an idea i had.Why not give silver and platinum members some free ticket for ur existing freerolls like the king of cash or smth like that without having to do the challenges?

Booo! NOOOO!!!
It's a promo for the cash table players on their site (not for the freeroll whores). Just man up and play the 2x 100 hands. It's really so little effort to qualify

N

neverbluff0799

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Booo! NOOOO!!!
It's a promo for the cash table players on their site (not for the freeroll whores). Just man up and play the 2x 100 hands. It's really so little effort to qualify
I hate cash game :D.Specially on that site since they dont have beginners stake and they got that 3 blind non sens...I was sure it was 100 hands to qualify but if its 200 even less chance ill ever do it :D

Last edited: