How many tables do you play at once?

P

PokerPlayer06

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends what is on the line. For example if I am playing a real money tourney I will focus on that more then a FR. I can play 8 tables at once, usually have a couple PS,Carbon, and FTP at same time. online poker can get boring if you are only playing at one table and you are card dead.

Leo 50

Leo 50

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only play 1 at a time
Poker is relaxing for me.
Anything more than the 1 table seems to much like work for me

B

bombomb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play 2 tables anymore than that is excessive and i cant concentrate

D

DeNyd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i usually play 2 games at once...one of them is much lower stakes..it helps to change up the boring upper stakes (if your playing tight)..iuno works for me..

R

royalflush525

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well it all depends on what I'm playing. If I'm playing freeroll with a 1000 peps than i play 3 or 4 and play my cards. if I'm play big $$ freerolls than i only play 1 or 2 cause i need to watch all players.

B

bluffnjokers

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play 1-2 tourneys with 1-2 ring at a time......helps me balance the pace at tourneys

C

ChurchSkiz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know how you guys do so many. I was playing 2 SnG's last night and added a ring game on top of that. It was getting crazy for about 2 minutes when I had AK AQs and AQo on all 3 tables. I had to leave the ring game as soon as my hand was over. Then I was in two heads up matches at the same time in the SnG's and thought my brain was going to explode.

I suck at multi-tasking and have to devote my attention to one thing, playing 4+ tables is just not an option for me.

As an exercise i played 6 2NL tables just to see what it was like. I just about had a panic attack. If you can do 24 tables and be profitable, you have my utmost respect. Also, how do you play good hands when every time you go to make a move another table pops up on top of you?

Y

Youngerhov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
DOES ANY ONE JUST PLAY ONE TABLE???? GOSH IM FEELING LIKE A LONER HEHEHE ...I CHAT WAY TO MUCH... IF I CAN GET SOME FUN GOING AT A TABLE ..WICH HAPPENS A LOT....I JUST DONT WANT TO DEAL ABOUT WORRING ABOUT ANOTHER HAND......HECK ONE IS HARD ENOUGH IF IM A CHATTER BOX.....SO PICK MY ROOM IF U CAN CHAT IN BETWEEN ALL THOSE OTHERS U MIGHT BE PLAYING.......

LOL... me too. I like to think I give my best at one table. How do you guys implore strategy and notice betting patterns with that many screens

nc_royals

nc_royals

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually only play one at a time. If I do play 2 or 3 then it's a cheap 10 person cash table. Ive tried to multitable sng's but with the rising blinds I struggle to play these.

Jodieblonde

Jodieblonde

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm going to get me one of those LARGE screens! Wonder how many games a person can play without making people wait?

Jodieblonde

Jodieblonde

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Which reminds me, maybe that's why some people play so slow?

W

whitebobo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
3 for optimal cash game 6max play
6 for robot style grinding

B

Bill924

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont play cash games much but have played 3 tournaments at the same time but got to admit that I cant concentrate the same and have missed some big pots because of it.

S

sleepy11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played up to 5 at a time, but I do not recommend it. I do much better if I concentrate on one table and the players on it.

SirHockeyPuck

SirHockeyPuck

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For Battle Of The Planets on PS, have you ever see how many sit & gos some of micro stake players play? Like 15 of them at a time.

Jodieblonde

Jodieblonde

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played up to 5 at a time, but I do not recommend it. I do much better if I concentrate on one table and the players on it.
I can't play that many and concentrate either. If I played for money one be certainly be enough for me to think about.

M

massimo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play only 1 or 2 at a time. I really make an honest effort to focus on what my opponents are doing. I can't keep up with them if I'm playing more than 2 full tables.

DonkeySmash

DonkeySmash

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played up to 4 at one time. However you really cant focus on your opponents than. My favorite is also 2 tourneys at one time. I sometimes play heads up and than play a tourney. But I am pretty tight aggressive so it helps that I dont play many hands to still focus on my opponents and also pass the time. Good Thread though.

Donkey Smash

drawing4outs

drawing4outs

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
2 plus 2 radio

I heard that there is a online poker pro who is playing 20 something tables at once and cashes for over ten thousand dollars a month (He plays on pokerstars.com and is a supernova elite). What I would like to understand is how could you keep up with that kind of action and be successfull, when I play four tables I encounter timeouts and have no time to read players. I think large multi table play is ok if you are a limit player, but I would like to hear the strategy behind how one can actually be successful with this type of method.

S

smashbot

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i seem to only do well playing 2 tables at once in sngs. i've tried doing 4, but i do poorly. thats just me, everyone is different.

L

LankanSoulja

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play around 4 or 5. I find it helps me not be impatient and play my cards. I seem to play much better that way.

Errant Dog

Errant Dog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play 5 SNG's at once usually. If it is a big MTT than I'll only play that table and maybe a HU table.

BuggyX

BuggyX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i am a NL Holdem tournament player, 5 tables i played yesterday, dam was too much 4 me, 4 i can handle, i like the matrix tourneys with 9 players on full tilt, lots of fun though ;-)

Dunninger

Dunninger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have 2 24 inch monitors on computer, and a laptop next to that. When I'm done work, I try and set up between 4-6 games at once to unwind.. I've had 12 games opened at once.. but try to stay on no more than 3 sites at once..

I loved reading this forum because now I realize.. I am not alone.. haha..