How many tables do you play at once?

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
RainKhan who plays like 25 tables at once does it on one monitor. He just stacks the tables over each other and waits for them to pop up when its his turn to act.

C

CM93

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I cnt play as many as I want.It is funny that that guy was playing 2 try 2 get the 1billonth hand when they were giveing out the freeroll tickets i didnt know but i was wacthing a frinds palymoney table and I got a ticket some how.I didnt know and when I found out i was pissed off.

Only1JA

Only1JA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing multi tables is sometimes necessary as many poker rooms have similar start times. It is OK to begin with but but as the tournaments progress you have to focus more to be continually successfull. Luckily by the time a lot of players have been eliminated the pace of the games slow as those left are the most experienced, more accomplished and take more care over their betting. It is not for the faint-hearted but must be added to the card players portfolio, the more you practise the better you get. Use your available time, others may get frustrated by slow play but "on tilt" they give up their chips more easily. It is great excercise for the brain and keeps you on your toes, especially for an old man like me.

F1ngers

F1ngers

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually play 3-4 tables at a time.
Its normally 1-2 MTT and 1-2 real money.
If I start doing well on MTT, I will probably quit out of the money games, just so I can concentrate better.

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play the player, not the table.

No more than 3 six max or 4 full ring. I could play more but my CPU/brain is an old model.

T

tufat23

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this really depends what im playing.

NL400+ i can do 6-9 pretty optimally.

if i play MTTs i just want volume, so will play as many as are going over multiple sites, so maybe upto around 12.

for SSNL i would play about 12.

fwiw getting more/bigger monitors makes a HUGE difference

M

mizunoboss

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually don't play cash tables. I play mainly freerolls, it's not so common to have more than 3 freeroll at the same time, so sometimes I play 3 tournaments at the same time.

I played very poorly... I've noticed that when I play one at a time, I get in the money 1 on 3... (33%), so now I choose the best freeroll and play only one at a time.

V

victorro

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is possible I saw a player that do this on 20 tables in same time, so 28 is not a big difference:)

S

sneak_a_peek

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
mmm mmm mmmm

DOES ANY ONE JUST PLAY ONE TABLE???? GOSH IM FEELING LIKE A LONER HEHEHE ...I CHAT WAY TO MUCH... IF I CAN GET SOME FUN GOING AT A TABLE ..WICH HAPPENS A LOT....I JUST DONT WANT TO DEAL ABOUT WORRING ABOUT ANOTHER HAND......HECK ONE IS HARD ENOUGH IF IM A CHATTER BOX.....SO PICK MY ROOM IF U CAN CHAT IN BETWEEN ALL THOSE OTHERS U MIGHT BE PLAYING.......

J

jeffred1111

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Recently I've been playing 2 full-ring LHE or Stud tables with 1 3D 2-7 lowball SNG on the side (or PL 5CD). I usually play 2-3 turbos at a time: I seem to fare better in them since I'm more disciplined and patient (not as much as in a regular SNG, but stil...). Only thing that bugs me is when I get HU on two tables at once, since the hands go so fast, but I'm working on that.

Keeps me from getting bored and I often get to see people who are also multitabling tendencies faster.

Greyland

Greyland

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play two tables at once, which fits into to my screen real estate (17" widescreen) nicely. Any more than that and I have to shrink the tables (on FullTilt) to the point that they're hard for me to see exactly what's going on with each table.

I used to have a bank roll, but I lost that as I learned to play (obviously I didn't know as much as I _thought_ I did when I made the deposit). :p

So now I play play money sit-n-goes and freerolls (trying to get some money again) while I improve my game. <sigh>

S

sanket

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
One. One is enough, I tried two and between those two tables and constant IMing, I just couldn't do it lol.

T

tigertight

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my most was 2 and i did ok on it but i know that if i was playing one i can do better becuse i like to focus and watch everyone what there doing who is a donkey who is a tight player witch would prolly have ak aa kk qq ect.

shawn-me5

shawn-me5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to play only one but I sometimes two. It goes by too quick I can not think.

bob_tiger

bob_tiger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like about 5 or 6 tables at once even though i can keep up with 10 and i have done it before but i don't think that gives you enough time to think and you are just doing w/e.

KMC1828

KMC1828

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i only play 3 at max right now because i dont have any HuD or Tracker software yet.

XXIII

XXIII

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play 1 Sng and maybe another table. But usually just one. I rather concentrate and try to find telss in betting or w/e

C

conniemia

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i will pay up to 4 but it gets pretty confusing.

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like your "quote" , I would just like to add that in my experience I have seen that SOME FOOLS NEVER LEARN !!!

smerald

smerald

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only do 2 tables, it is easier to concentrate on less tables.

B

bw07507

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only have a laptop, so it is really hard for me to play more than 2 tables. Once I get up to 3 or 4 I cant even read the PAHUD stats around the player names. Also, I found that when I was playing 3 or 4 at a time, the stress level was a little too high for me. Now I play 1 or 2 at a time, depends if anything good is on the TV.

C

CoAlf

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tabels

I use to play 4 at a time. But now there are times I might be on 2 different sites so 3 tables is max.

Gla and hope to see you on the felt sometime

alf

Kerope

Kerope

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mostly I'll play 3 at once. If I'm playing a tourney, I usually stick to just the one unless it's going really slow, then might bring up a second.

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play Omaha 5/10 tables...but lately I've been playing in the freerolls. I haven't won yet but I don't care . I just like to play.

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only play 2 at the most..... I wouldn't be able to concentrate well if I played more.... I'm not too good at multi-tasking !