How many tables do you play at once?

KyleJRM

KyleJRM

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Four is my max. I'm just not good enough (or multi-tasky enough) to handle any more. Even when I try six, my game slips a ton.

tertip

tertip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like to play 2 or 3 tables when i play more as 5 tables then the trubble beginns and you must use check fold for more tables
i dont like it realy to use this option maybe 4 is ok but the best is 2tables for me i won 2 tournyes at the same time it takes 4 hours.:rolleyes:

Mase31683

Mase31683

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm surprised more people don't multi-table harder. I'm only playing tiny stakes now tho, so it's easier to not think and just go go go! Standard for me is 12-16. If I have 9 going it feels SOOOO slow. I'd honestly do more, but I only have a single 17" monitor, so 16 is the most I can tile before I have to have giant tables that I can't access without them popping up, and things get crazy then.

I do much better with my winrate * hands played per hour 16 tabling than 4 myself. It's not even close for the hourly.

4 tabling = 200ish hands/hour * 21.5bb/100 = $8.60/hour

16tabling = 800 hands/hour * 7.98bb/100 = $12.77/hour

Last edited:
koadyawn

koadyawn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I average playing 8-9 tables..any more then it gets harder to focus..anyless and i feel it gets boring..i use HEM so my table decisions arent so hard..at the 25nl stakes and below I believe all you really have to do is play simple poker

for sngs Im playing 8 minimum and up to around probably 13 ..since sngs are mostly a preflop game

J

josh_dei8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With Sng's usually just one,but maybe 2. If i do play 2, I'll start the 2nd game after 2 blind increases or 3 people have been knocked out

FatBasset

FatBasset

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I most I will play at one time is 2 ring game tables with one MTT open as well. However, I may play less depending on mood etc.

T

teffjohn

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold or Raise present a starting hand or post flop scenario and you tell them whether you would fold, call, make a modest raise or make a big raise. They'll then show your hand's probability of winning against other hands, and they'll tell you what their experts say about each hand. You'll also see whether other users decided to fold, call or raise. They'll also keep track of your moves and analyze your play throughout countless hands.
-----------------------------------
teff john

Advicer

C

CryingAmy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Still struggle with 1!

Have tried 3 and 4 tables and do think you have to play tighter with more tables so can help!

L

Ldpokercj5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do 1 to 6 but usually do about 2 on average

M

MrHoros

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll play four at times when the limits are low or it's a freeroll.

J

j0na1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play way to bad if i play more then 3 tables at once. I have to cencentrate at 1 or 2 table(s) at a time, see who plays tight who aggresive, who bluffs a lot, etc. You can't keep track of that if u play 8 tables at a time. How can u play good and profit like this ?

Greyland

Greyland

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends but maximum I play at once are 4 tables....

I prefer to play only two tables at a time.

However, since FullTilt has added the "Matrix" tables (9 people, all playing on four tables), I'll play those once in awhile.

Still, since my screen isn't all that large (17"), it means that the tables are smaller than 'default' and thus a little harder to see some of the cards. Maybe its because I'm old. Red cards, when the tables are small, are hard for me to tell if the other card with that Ace is the same suit or not. :-(

M

MarkH10

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
2-3

Quality and Time issues effect more than 2, however if I'm already in money, I can open more, and play effectively, as cashing tends to turn online Tournaments into allin fests.

Kinda curious how freeroll starts and real money ends are so identical.

My best MTT Multitable results was winning a Sunday Million entry AND a Second Chance entry at the same time.

That week in Feb 2005, I turned $15 into over $1k in less than 4 days. It lasted over 8 months.

M

masyanya

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As usual,I play 2 MTT,but,when I'm bored,I open 3d cash table.

C

CasperJames

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't play more than two at a time now, and I rarely do that. I've played three a few times, but it always hurt me. It never fails, I goto click a button on one table and get switched to another causing a bad mistake.

narizblanco

narizblanco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am very confident playing 3, but I usually play 4 where I may make some mistakes like folding KK preflop this AM.

P

PDMike425

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on the day, but i'll usually do two and then if there's like 5 freerolls, i'll 5 table it.

O

oleg

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually 2 tables, I can't play well with more

S

simonb

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i beleive making the most of each situation is oviously the correct mindset to play poker. How can you do this when you have no idea who or how your opponents play.Playing anymore than two i find it is to confusing and you dont know the table as well as you could.

C

crazyfool

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3 or 4 max for any sustained period of time. Sometimes i'll find myself at 5. Avg about 2.

V

vosachlo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i personally play 4 tables one in each corner ... ussually freerolls

among up to 4 different sites at 1 time

R

reb0202

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tables??

I play only 2 at a time. For me it gets to hectic playing more than that but I do know people that play 4 and 5 at a time which is cool if you are winning most of them but the pitts if your not.

M

milkman28

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play 4 cash tables but when in tourneys only 2 like to concentrate on tourneys more:p

Jodieblonde

Jodieblonde

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How Many Tables?

I've played as many as three tables and find that hard to concentrate at times. I have no idea how people can play numerous tables but perhaps with practice a person can do it.