How many tables do you play at once?

Nexar

Nexar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok i know some ppl play at most 3 or 4 tables on line, and i mean know personally and just this week found a youtube video of a guy playing 20 tables i mean c'mon whats your table record? its real money played there but wait not just that i also heard that a guy at wsop got banned cause he was suspected to be a bot playing 28 tables!!!! he send a video showin how he played alll those tables... definitely not human insane

J

joeeagles

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My record is 16 tables :D :D .

Before anyone says GTFOOH, I'll explain. I played 16 penny tables at once on PS around that 10 billionth hand celebration in hopes of getting the 100k. It didn't happen :mad: . What's not so funny about it is that actually the 100k if I recall correctly was given to a penny table. Needless to say I was going nuts on 16 tables for those ~45 minutes I played them, about a few hands in I was just about folding every hand, I decided to play only AA, KK, QQ and AK lol. It was crazy man. As soon as the 10 B hand was dealt I was out as fast as humanly possible.

For the most when I play tourneys I only do one at a time, occasionally I'll play 2. On cash games those few times I play them, I'll play 2 at least and sometimes 3, recently I tried 4 at $50MAX but I won't do it again, I really played poorly :eek: . Didn't lose much because I played super tight, but for me at least there isn't much to gain by doing it.

I read about the guy who plays 24 sitngos at once, don't know how you can do that, for sure not on a 17" screen.

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I normally play 2. More than that and I can`t sustain my standard of play, although I am not sure how far that is down to me and how far it is the limitations of my equipment.

I intend to get a 2nd monitor. I expect that will make multi-tabling much easier. The constant flicking from one table to another makes it difficult to give one`s attention to the play. It should be better when I have more desktop space.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually like to play 2 tables at a time, unless im playing a really big MTT. Then i might just play that table so i can really concentrate.

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Same, I play 2 tables usually, tournments.... I prefer to just focus on it ya know, bigger money, more players etc...

L

lyon21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mainly only play 1 table but sometimes i play up to 3 but not very often.

Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always play 2 tables at once, and never more than that.

I find it very important being able to watch all the other players, see how they bet, see how they act etc. If you're playing half a dozen tables I figure you won't have time to make very sophisticated plays, you're just going to play ABC poker which is not something I like.

Also, I currently stick with $50 SNGs, and in general the competition isn't all that fishy, so it's important to be alert and focus on the games without shifting attention from one table to the next all the time.

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play 4 tables at once, otherwise i find it quite boring. it helps me to be more selective about my hands which is a good thing :D

Rounder13

Rounder13

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will play up to three tables, but anything past that I dont come out with as much profit. Yes this does help from keepi ng me bored to.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can play a whole lot of tables at once, but with the way I've set up my BR to profit well, I only really need to play one.

rainsoaked

rainsoaked

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2 is the most for me. But just one most of the time. I just like to relax and enjoy the game.​
On FullTilt Razz I see players sitting at 4 or more tables, spread all across the stakes. Probably profitable if you stick to a 6 card low or something? But I like to get fun out of the games and not just money (gasp :D) and I get dizzy hopping around​
ps: I'm new here so just gettin' my feet wet (and hey y'all)​

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're playing half a dozen tables I figure you won't have time to make very sophisticated plays, you're just going to play ABC poker which is not something I like.

This is very true.

One of the techniques which I have found useful in Ring Games is to scan the other tables and spot whether any of my opponents is playing a large number at once.

As soon as I spot someone doing that, I have a pretty good clue as to what his playing style is likely to be, and this is valuable information to help me beat him at the one table I am playing.

Kvorear

Kvorear

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Three at a time isn't too bad but once i get to four or higher i feel as though my play starts to get pretty bad and then i get frustrated and just end up leaving so i no longer go above three

eaglelite

eaglelite

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have played 5 at once all freerolls on FTP after dark ones don't reccommend thou unless you got a good connection other wise it is a waste of time when someone else could of had that seat.

cracker

cracker

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I've tried up to 6 at one time but the problem is that just as you are clickig a play the tables change and you play the wrong hand. I find that 3 is ok if the play is slow but if it is a fast paced game stick to 1.

T

TheDoc

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play just one. I tried two a few times but it destroys my concentration and enjoyment of the game of poker. I like getting my head 'within' a game, getting to know players tendencies, and a feel for what is happening. Swapping around tables loses all that, for me anyway.

T

T-MaQ

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried 2 tables and it was driving me nuts. at least for me, it was very hard to focus and pick up tendencies.

B

broncos53

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My record is 16 tables :D :D .

Before anyone says GTFOOH, I'll explain. I played 16 penny tables at once on PS around that 10 billionth hand celebration in hopes of getting the 100k. It didn't happen :mad: . What's not so funny about it is that actually the 100k if I recall correctly was given to a penny table. Needless to say I was going nuts on 16 tables for those ~45 minutes I played them, about a few hands in I was just about folding every hand, I decided to play only AA, KK, QQ and AK lol. It was crazy man. As soon as the 10 B hand was dealt I was out as fast as humanly possible.

For the most when I play tourneys I only do one at a time, occasionally I'll play 2. On cash games those few times I play them, I'll play 2 at least and sometimes 3, recently I tried 4 at $50MAX but I won't do it again, I really played poorly :eek: . Didn't lose much because I played super tight, but for me at least there isn't much to gain by doing it.

I read about the guy who plays 24 sitngos at once, don't know how you can do that, for sure not on a 17" screen.

you have more than one screen most people play 4 per screen there was a topic about this a while back

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Multitabling makes my head hurt, so I just stick to one.

But then, when I first started playing online the speed of the action made my head hurt (I learned live), so maybe one day I'll work it out

P

ProducerK

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not like to play multiable tables....I find I can get caught up in the moment and will pay less attention to the other games... So I always stick to one!

ProducerK

Crummy

Crummy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok i know some ppl play at most 3 or 4 tables on line, and i mean know personally and just this week found a youtube video of a guy playing 20 tables i mean c'mon whats your table record? its real money played there but wait not just that i also heard that a guy at wsop got banned cause he was suspected to be a bot playing 28 tables!!!! he send a video showin how he played alll those tables... definitely not human insane

How can a guy physically play at 28 tables at the WSOP?? I mean he would have to be cloned 27 times and I'm sure somebody would notice him more than once??

I ussually stick to 1 or 2 tables MAX. I remember once I got on a frenzy and hooked up another monitor to my laptop and started playing like 6 or 8 tables. I'll never do that crap agian!!!

D

davos9

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmm i play more than 2 lol

I can play upto 22 tables over a few sites

I have three multi screens all linked together so i can play

two screens full with 8 to 10 games on prima or stars site

and another 6 on william hill or poker4ever

I just love multi tasking loads of fun

It sounds mad but when you play 12 hours a day every day you get use to it.

PRACTICE PRACTICE

YOU CAN DO ANYTHING IN TIME

:)

davos9

E

evny

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i've done as much as 10... but it makes me crazy and i play like crap.

my comfort zone is 4-6