GGPoker - the Future of Online Poker

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ggpoker is a good site but not enought, they dont have freerolls or another options for begginers, is mostly able to get bots, they have some bugs in his site, so yes is a good site but too much work to do, cheers
I'm not sure what you're referring to - they have what is probably the most advanced, sophisticated software of any of the sites. What do you mean when you say they have "too much work to do". It sounds like you don't play on GGPoker because they don't have a lot of freerolls, so how would you have observed "bots"?

Not having freerolls was a business decision, not a bug. pokerstars has no freerolls as well, other than the private ones like Cardschat.

P

padman400

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well some help for beginners now as they are offering 2nl reg tables with the new update.

I

IanP304

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I havent made use of it yet and probably won't any time soon, but I think the built in staking function is great and good for those looking to buy/sell a piece of their action.

The fact that it is all automated and deal with by the software is brilliant.

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
Thanks for all the information, I will try my luck in this new room.

Geyomobama

Geyomobama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looking forward to the battle of Malta and future tournament that will be hosted online as well. I think in the future major life tournaments should adapt to having dual platforms. Online and live each offering attractive benefits!!

Crash Burn

Crash Burn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Really the way pokerstars walk, GGPoker promises to be the future of online poker

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seems to me that GG poker has a good present, as for the future time will tell.

rodo 2285

rodo 2285

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing at pokerstars for more than 10 years and I am quite satisfied, in all its aspects, I never played anywhere else, so for now I will continue, later I may download it

C

Coinuss

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
GG looks great, but its GUI is not very friendly. I haven't found a play money mode to fully test its GUI. Many pictures look like this is an App for kids or I don't understand it. I like Spins and I will try to get a 0.25 ticket.

Dalyn

Dalyn

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only sites I play is GGPoker and PS best tournaments and functions :)

davidsincara

davidsincara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Love how they built their User experienec, really flashy for first-timers and recreationals trying to be in wsop past events. They do really good online marketing, although Pokerstars is way ahead of them

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Everyone has their tastes, as for me, the best is pokerstar, since I just started playing in gg poker and there are several things that I don't like, such as opening my hands each time or the objective to open the river card, how will that change something? the variance is rather to give false hope to the player who is losing

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
GG looks great, but its GUI is not very friendly. I haven't found a play money mode to fully test its GUI. Many pictures look like this is an app for kids or I don't understand it. I like Spins and I will try to get a 0.25 ticket.
Unfortunately they don't have a play money option. The Cardschat freerolls (Wed & sometimes Sat) would be a good way to test the GUI, but watch out for the sharks!

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Glad I stumbled on this thread thanks for the spin info Greg gold for sure.:cheers:
79b3fc3eb52186827ed853f4df4baa06.png

Having to open your hand constantly to view them can be disabled by going to settings then squeeze especially if playing many tables can be awkward constantly opening your cards.
Got nice profit off them this year thanks to their sign up bonus.
66ce2869c00a4c944fa044b0a7e0bfbc.png

23d6cb37a9f2d0ab30920883fdc30f0e.png

Volume required to clear the $600 bonus pictured below in $50 spin and gold,
Like their other spin and gold challenges too which is more bonus dollars.
503ca1915bb956a1c25c4ace39ef5444.png

Strangely enough my spin cashes are not viewable by other players with their hud in the CardsChat freerolls as asked other players.
While it takes awhile to get used to navigate the site and no sit and gos are very strange,:confused:
Overall I like the site think the staking option is interesting but have not tried it yet and GGpoker is in my top 10 poker sites that I regularly play on after I joined them this year.:top:
Mind you I will probably be playing there much less now as did not sign up through CardsChat link,:damnmate:
A post from Debi in todays game thread seems I can no longer play the CardsChat freerolls there anymore so instead of being the future of online poker looks like I am as a player anyway history.:eek:
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/car...oker-100-wednesday-freeroll-sept-30-a-467816/
4749c3eb35819428fd0881bdf9363fdc.png

Last edited:
MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Glad I stumbled on this thread thanks for the spin info Greg gold for sure.:cheers:
79b3fc3eb52186827ed853f4df4baa06.png

Having to open your hand constantly to view them can be disabled by going to settings then squeeze especially if playing many tables can be awkward constantly opening your cards.
Got nice profit off them this year thanks to their sign up bonus.
66ce2869c00a4c944fa044b0a7e0bfbc.png

23d6cb37a9f2d0ab30920883fdc30f0e.png

Volume required to clear the $600 bonus pictured below in $50 spin and gold,
Like their other spin and gold challenges too which is more bonus dollars.
503ca1915bb956a1c25c4ace39ef5444.png

Strangely enough my spin cashes are not viewable by other players with their hud in the CardsChat freerolls as asked other players.
While it takes awhile to get used to navigate the site and no sit and gos are very strange,:confused:
Overall I like the site think the staking option is interesting but have not tried it yet and GGpoker is in my top 10 poker sites that I regularly play on after I joined them this year.:top:
Mind you I will probably be playing there much less now as did not sign up through CardsChat link,:damnmate:
A post from Debi in todays game thread seems I can no longer play the CardsChat freerolls there anymore so instead of being the future of online poker looks like I am as a player anyway history.:eek:
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/car...oker-100-wednesday-freeroll-sept-30-a-467816/
4749c3eb35819428fd0881bdf9363fdc.png
Very nice success with the Spin & Gold Hugh! I didn't have nearly that successful a start.

Not sure what to think about the new rules for Cardschat freerolls.

It seems pretty unlikely that most Cardschat members would be putting much, if any of their own cash into GGPoker, so it makes sense from that perspective. However they just made a move into the lower end of the market with the introduction of their 2NL cash games. The two moves almost seems at odds with each other. :confused::confused:

I believe they know what they're doing though, so whatever the reason I'm sure it fits their business model. :):)

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I saw in a different thread that a Cardschat member had his account hacked at a different site, PartyPoker I believe. So I checked to see if GGPoker has 2 Factor Authentication (2FA), which they do. I now have that turned on. The SMS message with the verification code came immediately on my phone after my next log-in. You also have the option to set the delivery vehicle to your e-mail instead of a phone if you prefer.
Unfortunately the speedy 2FA response time that I originally reported has failed to hold-up. I am now waiting up to 25 minutes to get a 2FA code sent to my phone. The norm is a significant delay to receive the code, although I do sometimes get a quick response.

GGPoker Support's solution was to switch 2FA to my phone off and try 2FA to my e-mail. This doesn't seem to be an issue of concern to them.

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Each to their own. I have played on a lot of sites over the years and I find GG irritating. I don't think adding animations and other silly stuff like the slow river reveal does anything except spoil the game flow. Other sites are also adding pointless rubbish like pokerstars with the silly throwables, but at least you can disable all that nonsense. GG doesn't give the option to disable anything.

No way will they be the future, more likely they will appeal to "gamers" instead of poker players, and there won't be any growth from that direction.

Probably the last site to really try something unique was PKR, and that didn't prove to be a sustainable offer.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Each to their own. I have played on a lot of sites over the years and I find GG irritating. I don't think adding animations and other silly stuff like the slow river reveal does anything except spoil the game flow. Other sites are also adding pointless rubbish like pokerstars with the silly throwables, but at least you can disable all that nonsense. GG doesn't give the option to disable anything.

No way will they be the future, more likely they will appeal to "gamers" instead of poker players, and there won't be any growth from that direction.

Probably the last site to really try something unique was PKR, and that didn't prove to be a sustainable offer.
They're not just about gimmicks. As this article shows they're serious about combatting cheaters:

https://www.cardschat.com/news/ggpoker-bans-40-players-new-cheating-scandal-94304

M

Maggio_A

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldnt recommend GGpoker for newbies, it crushed me pretty hard :D after deposit I received bonus in spin&gold which didnt helped me much (guess I am not much lucky in this roullete gambling :D ) rush&cash was nice at the beggining but after week, I started to have a really bad beat :/ and tourneys which I prefer little bit more are minimum for 2 dollars but almost all of them are hyper which can be tricky if you dont have your lucky run :( so little bit of cash, some tourneys and after two weeks 70 euros gone :D I will take a little bit break from GGpoker maybe come back after few months but trying to stay in fish buffet cost me more than I was willing to put into GGpoker.

P

pokersextreme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldnt recommend GGpoker for newbies, it crushed me pretty hard :D after deposit I received bonus in spin&gold which didnt helped me much (guess I am not much lucky in this roullete gambling :D ) rush&cash was nice at the beggining but after week, I started to have a really bad beat :/ and tourneys which I prefer little bit more are minimum for 2 dollars but almost all of them are hyper which can be tricky if you dont have your lucky run :( so little bit of cash, some tourneys and after two weeks 70 euros gone :D I will take a little bit break from GGpoker maybe come back after few months but trying to stay in fish buffet cost me more than I was willing to put into GGpoker.
After this review I'm thinking it hard about joining. :confused:

B

bttrkks

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After this review I'm thinking it hard about joining. :confused:

Well two weeks of playing are nothing and also he might just run bad or played bad.

I found gg up to NL25 pretty soft. Many Asian gamblers there. Of course you get sucked out sometimes but if you adjust a little bit to their ranges and choose nice spots you will win in the long run.

The mtts are not really great for micro stakes that's true.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just thought I'd share this dialogue between GGPoker Support & myself in case anyone was wondering:

(Q) Hi - is there a way to turn off the Insurance and Run-it-Twice prompts at cash tables? As I never opt in for these they have become a huge inconvenience.

(A) At this moment, it is not possible to turn these features off. Whilst I can appreciate this may be a personal inconvenience - they are liked by the vast majority of players.

I would suggest sending this feedback to ideas@ggnetwork.com for consideration.

M

Maggio_A

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well two weeks of playing are nothing and also he might just run bad or played bad.

I found gg up to NL25 pretty soft. Many Asian gamblers there. Of course you get sucked out sometimes but if you adjust a little bit to their ranges and choose nice spots you will win in the long run.

The mtts are not really great for micro stakes that's true.

Well, of course it was played bad :laugh: Its just easier for me to learn on my own mistakes on pokerstars where you can play MTT for 5 cents when you know its not your lucky day, but still kind of want to practice :) I am not fan of play money cause it seems like that I am doing same mistakes all over again cause of lack motivation :D
I dont mind GGpoker, honestly I didnt care much about too much graphic or whatever players have problems with :D It was just a message for freshman player that its not that easy to get your money back on GGpoker through freerolls or micro MTT cause you will find them really rarely :)