GGPoker - the Future of Online Poker

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, of course it was played bad :laugh: Its just easier for me to learn on my own mistakes on pokerstars where you can play MTT for 5 cents when you know its not your lucky day, but still kind of want to practice :) I am not fan of play money cause it seems like that I am doing same mistakes all over again cause of lack motivation :D
I dont mind GGpoker, honestly I didnt care much about too much graphic or whatever players have problems with :D It was just a message for freshman player that its not that easy to get your money back on GGpoker through freerolls or micro MTT cause you will find them really rarely :)
While there are lots of things that I like about GGPoker (and yes some that I don't like) the BIG one for me is the mobile/phone client. I REALLY like it!

hubcio96

hubcio96

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately, I'm at the mercy of PokerStarsPA (Can play only against PA players in US), and ACR. Occasionally I play PokerStarsNJ when I'm visiting family there. My question is - how can one open a GG account when they are traveling overseas? I saw DN playing in mexico and I enjoy his streams, and I'm looking forward to try out the GG when I do travel overseas. How does the deposit works? If I open an account while in Europe, do I need European bank? Do I have to declare myself as a citizen of that country? How does an American play GG poker overseas? (legally preferred). I already have a Bitcoin account to be able to do withdraw from ACR, but I don't like/trust/understand the whole bitcoin voodoo. Thoughts?

C

CliffieDeuce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I won a lot of money on GG poker in the first week that I deposited.
Granted it wasn't at the Poker tables but at the slots.

I have had a few issues on their site at the tables, during very key hands the software hung and I lost big pots where I was meant to win, because I had to restart the application.

If you like Natural8 then you must like GG. Same skin and poker network.

I like the rabbit hunt, and the funny faces with the sayings. It makes the game more fun.

M

Maggio_A

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
While there are lots of things that I like about GGPoker (and yes some that I don't like) the BIG one for me is the mobile/phone client. I REALLY like it!

I have to believe you that their phone client is so good :D I like to play at home, peace and quiet so I use laptop and never thought about phone client :rolleyes: but maybe one day when I will be a decent player I will try :D

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are lots of things to like about GG poker , love faces and how the cards flip. The rabbit is a great feature as well . I am going of deposited, but better to play in free rolls to start a bankroll. I have always been that type of player. If you can't win free rolls, what makes me think I can win buy in tournaments. That's just how I look at it.

M

Maggio_A

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately, I'm at the mercy of PokerStarsPA (Can play only against PA players in US), and ACR. Occasionally I play PokerStarsNJ when I'm visiting family there. My question is - how can one open a GG account when they are traveling overseas? I saw DN playing in Mexico and I enjoy his streams, and I'm looking forward to try out the GG when I do travel overseas. How does the deposit works? If I open an account while in Europe, do I need European bank? Do I have to declare myself as a citizen of that country? How does an American play GG poker overseas? (legally preferred). I already have a Bitcoin account to be able to do withdraw from ACR, but I don't like/trust/understand the whole bitcoin voodoo. Thoughts?

Cant imagine how does it works, cause I needed to send them proof of adress and passport or different ID :confused:

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately, I'm at the mercy of PokerStarsPA (Can play only against PA players in US), and ACR. Occasionally I play PokerStarsNJ when I'm visiting family there. My question is - how can one open a GG account when they are traveling overseas? I saw DN playing in Mexico and I enjoy his streams, and I'm looking forward to try out the GG when I do travel overseas. How does the deposit works? If I open an account while in Europe, do I need European bank? Do I have to declare myself as a citizen of that country? How does an American play GG poker overseas? (legally preferred). I already have a Bitcoin account to be able to do withdraw from ACR, but I don't like/trust/understand the whole bitcoin voodoo. Thoughts?
To become a fully verified member you need a form of ID (Passport, Driver's License) PLUS a recent proof of address (utility bill, bank statement, etc.). So unless you get those two things when you're traveling overseas you're never going to be completely safe (vis-a-vis making a withdrawal) playing GGPoker. I'm not sure if you can deposit without getting verified.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I won a lot of money on GG poker in the first week that I deposited.
Granted it wasn't at the Poker tables but at the slots.

I have had a few issues on their site at the tables, during very key hands the software hung and I lost big pots where I was meant to win, because I had to restart the application.

If you like Natural8 then you must like GG. Same skin and poker network.

I like the rabbit hunt, and the funny faces with the sayings. It makes the game more fun.
I think I'll try Natural8 as well when I get a chance.

hubcio96

hubcio96

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To become a fully verified member you need a form of ID (Passport, Driver's License) PLUS a recent proof of address (utility bill, bank statement, etc.). So unless you get those two things when you're traveling overseas you're never going to be completely safe (vis-a-vis making a withdrawal) playing GGPoker. I'm not sure if you can deposit without getting verified.

Just wondering, how other US-based players got verified? I figure Daniel can use his Canadian address, but there were so many pros and Online Grinders playing out of Mexico with Irish flags, Mexican flags, etc. Some even played out of hotels. I wonder if anyone knows the loophole for that (asking for a friend) :)

B

bttrkks

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, of course it was played bad :laugh: Its just easier for me to learn on my own mistakes on pokerstars where you can play MTT for 5 cents when you know its not your lucky day, but still kind of want to practice :) I am not fan of play money cause it seems like that I am doing same mistakes all over again cause of lack motivation :D
I dont mind GGpoker, honestly I didnt care much about too much graphic or whatever players have problems with :D It was just a message for freshman player that its not that easy to get your money back on GGpoker through freerolls or micro MTT cause you will find them really rarely :)

Well that won't be better on stars where you have almost 0 rakeback and Huda allowed. Also the competition is better on pokerstars.

If you want to learn while playing I would recommend the NL2 tables on GG Poker.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just wondering, how other US-based players got verified? I figure Daniel can use his Canadian address, but there were so many pros and Online Grinders playing out of Mexico with Irish flags, Mexican flags, etc. Some even played out of hotels. I wonder if anyone knows the loophole for that (asking for a friend) :)
The GGPoker terms and conditions refer to "residency" requirements, not nationality. American online pros typically move to canada or other countries in order to play online.

https://en.ggpoker.com/terms-conditions/

C

craiggg123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Negreanu controversy really is what brought GGPoker to my attention. I started playing on their site a few weeks ago in the (one or two per week) Cardschat freerolls.

I like them so much that I'm planning on making a first deposit. This is noteworthy as GGPoker is the first offshore site to which I've ever wanted to make a deposit. And I've played on many, many sites over the years.

Their desktop software is the best! And I'm playing on a Mac, which most sites consider a low/afterthought priority. There's only one site which comes close - Pokerstars, and their Mac software still has the same bugs it had five years ago.

The GGPoker mobile client, which I use on my Android phone, is beyond INCREDIBLE! It blows EVERYBODY away! It blows the Pokerstars mobile client away. (That said, I'm referring to single table, tournament play. I haven't tried multi-table cash games with them). GGPoker is the ONLY site that I will play on my phone.

I don't know for sure why, but from my limited experience with them, the calibre of play seems far more "professional" if that's the correct way to put it. I see more of what I expect (high stakes) professional players to do at the $3 and $5 buy-in tournaments at GGPoker.

GGPoker is staying away from the many super-cheap, micro buy-in tournaments that seem to be a mainstay at PokerStars. They seem to have a clear business model in mind and a good handle on prioritizing to get there. This may also be why they seem to attract a higher calibre clientele.

GGPoker seems to me to be the future of online poker. You won't find freerolls there, other than the Cardschat freerolls, which would be a good place to start. If you're looking for a new site to try, I definitely recommend them.

New site which I will have a look at and give it a try:)

N

nicasia

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AGRADECIMIENTO

SOY UNA PERSONA DE 79 AÑOS Y AGRADEZCO LAS POSIBILIDADES QUE UDS. ME BRINDAN AL PODER JUGAR ALGUNOS freerolls GRATIS CON LAS CONTRASELAS QUE PUBLICAN.A MI EDAD EL PÓKER ES UN ENTRETENIMIENTO QUE ME HACE MÁS LLEVADERA LA SITUACIÓN QUE ESTAMOS VIVIENDO.

frazzle1991

frazzle1991

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
i love the phone client, love the statistic features available to all players.

P

Pinksummer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
GGPoker bonus code

Is the bonus code up to date here on the link under Bonuses?

GGPoker show N/A and when I register is say add bonus code if you want?

L

Lexand

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They have few micro tournaments on their grid, so unfortunately I won't be able to play there, although I already played it but I didn't like it very much, every hand you play is sending those unsightly faces.:mad:
I think that sucks !!