Endless Rakeback saga at FTP...and other sites'.

pokerman27

pokerman27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They've just told me I'm not getting rakeback...what a shambles.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They've just told me I'm not getting rakeback...what a shambles.

Me too.:(

Hello,

Thank you for registering with RakeBackPros.

We regret to inform you that we will not be able to offer you rakeback for your existing Full Tilt Poker account.

As your Full Tilt Poker account is already attached to another affiliate you will not be eligible to receive rakeback from us.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused and we hope that you will continue enjoy playing with Full Tilt Poker.

Sincerely,

The RakeBackPros Team

So, does this mean there's no way to get it forever and ever and ever?:eek:

pokerman27

pokerman27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My account isn't even linked to another affiliate. Makes no sense to me.

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Unfortunately, yes it means no RB.

They are not lying to you when they say your account is linked to an affiliate.

pokerman27

pokerman27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It probably is linked to an affiliate, its just you are now aware of this.

I can assure you it is not. Tell me how it could be and I'm not aware? Plus RBPs did not mention another affiliate as being the reason for my lack of rakeback.

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can assure you it is not. Tell me how it could be and I'm not aware? Plus RBPs did not mention another affiliate as being the reason for my lack of rakeback.

1. Cookies
2. An affiliate embedded link.
3. An affiliates bonus code.

If you go to any RB site, their signing up instructions will tell you to

1. Delete all cookies immediately prior to signing up.
2. Either type the address in yourself or follow the link on their site, and their site only.
3. Do not use any bonus code as it may also be linked to an affiliate.

So unless you did those three steps then it is highly likely that you have signed up using an affiliate code that you were unaware of.

pokerman27

pokerman27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. Cookies
2. An affiliate embedded link.
3. An affiliates bonus code.

If you go to any RB site, their signing up instructions will tell you to

1. Delete all cookies immediately prior to signing up.
2. Either type the address in yourself or follow the link on their site and their site, and their site only.
3. Do not use any bonus code as it may also be linked to an affiliate.

So unless you did those three steps then it is highly likely that you have signed up using an affiliate code that you were unaware of.

Well this confirms it for me. I definitely am not linked to another affiliate, but as I say this isn't their reason for my refusal.

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well this confirms it for me. I definitely am not linked to another affiliate, but as I say this isn't their reason for my refusal.

So you can confirm that immediately prior to signing up for a FT account you deleted all cookies?

What perplexes me is if you knew that you had to delete all cookies then you would have signed up via a RB affiliate and therefore wouldn't be attempting to convert your account to a RB account at a later date.

So I don't believe you deleted all cookies.

pokerman27

pokerman27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So you can confirm that immediately prior to signing up for a FT account you deleted all cookies?

What perplexes me is if you knew that you had to delete all cookies then you would have signed up via a RB affiliate and therefore wouldn't be attempting to convert your account to a RB account at a later date.

So I don't believe you deleted all cookies.

I'm not really interested in what you believe. When signing up to FTP I wasn't aware of affiliates otherwise I would have used one. And as for deleting cookies this is done automatically on a daily basis.

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From the instructions on a RB site

Uninstall Software

Make sure you do not already have the software installed. If you do, you need to uninstall it:
Start >
Programs >
Full Tilt Poker >
Uninstall Full Tilt Poker

Clear Cookies

VERY IMPORTANT!

If you have been to the Full Tilt Poker website before coming to RakeTheRake (or even clicked on a link on another affiliates website), a cookie would have been placed in your computer. You should definitely clear the cookies on your browser before going any further just to be sure. (Tools > Internet Options > Delete Cookies). This process will NOT affect any of the rakeback deals you have at any other poker rooms

Download

Click the 'Download' link below and you will be taken to the Full Tilt website where you should follow the download and install instructions. By clicking on the download, you are agreeing to ou

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not really interested in what you believe. When signing up to FTP I wasn't aware of affiliates otherwise I would have used one. And as for deleting cookies this is done automatically on a daily basis.

So you did not delete all cookies immediately prior to signing up.

pokerman27

pokerman27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So you did not delete all cookies immediately prior to signing up.

Steady on cookie police :)

Even if I didn't do it immediately what does it matter if I have never visited an affiliate site?

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Steady on cookie police :)

Even if I didn't do it immediately what does it matter if I have never visited an affiliate site?

Because you may well have visited an affiliate site, you just weren't aware of it.

Some of these affiliates are sneaky they just need to get a cookie on your machine and then they get paid for the rest of your poker playing days! There is money to be made by duping people in this way.

MDTed

MDTed

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Actually I wrote them after I got that message asking what criteria I was lacking in to get rakeback and their response was that they couldn't take every player who applied but they keep your information and when they can offer it to you they will.

It all seems very hit or miss. I'm wondering if there really are any rules on who they offer it to or if they just do a random number of people that apply every day.

The letter I got back didn't answer my question about what I was lacking. So I'm going to write again to Full Tilt.

I just won't play there except the occasional CC game or OFC until I do get it. There are other sites that aren't so ridiculous to play on.

pokerman27

pokerman27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because you may well have visited an affiliate site, you just weren't aware of it.

Some of these affiliates are sneaky they just need to get a cookie on your machine and then they get paid for the rest of your poker playing days! There is money to be made by duping people in this way.

So by this rationale there is an affiliate currently making money off of me that FTP must be aware of? So if that affiliate is a rakeback one then I should be able to contact them for rakeback?

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So by this rationale there is an affiliate currently making money off of me that FTP must be aware of? So if that affiliate is a rakeback one then I should be able to contact them for rakeback?

It may not be a rakeback site - there are other types of affiliates. Cardschat is an affiliate.

Your biggest problem is that FT will not tell you which affiliate you are linked to. I had to jump through hoops to get them to finally admit who mine was so I could benefit from the games they offer. It took about 1.5 years. So good luck!

PC69

PC69

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Imo if there not willing to give everyone Rakeback on a fair basis then noone should get it.. I get rakeback and it irritates me a little that I had to send one email to fulltilt and one email to rakebackpros and I had it right away, yet others send one after another and dont even get a response. Its not right.. I know its there site and they can do whatever they want but ppl should stand up that are getting rakeback and say something..

Seems kinda shaddy to me

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On that PC...

I did send them a letter saying I would no longer deposit there because of the unfair rules that seem to be being dealt out concerning r/b. Of course I got the obligatory canned response, but it made me feel better. And I won't deposit there more until they fix this. I have other sites I can play on that give me r/b... it just makes no sense to spend it at FT.

Edit: Just typing the first part of this post pissed me off enough to go write another nasty response to their affiliate support. That made me feel better too. You guys should try it.:D

Last edited:
PC69

PC69

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont doubt u sent them a email.. I know others have sent countless emails and dont even get a damn response.. If it takes one email from me then imo it should only take one from everyone else.. This whole affiliate thing seems like a cop-out by FTP and RBP.. But what do i know..

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Its unlikely they are a RB affiliate, but they probably have free-rolls you can enter

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm pretty sure my affiliate is CC. Before CC I mainly played at UB. I picked up some other sites for the freerolls there.

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On that PC...

I did send them a letter saying I would no longer deposit there because of the unfair rules that seem to be being dealt out concerning r/b. Of course I got the obligatory canned response, but it made me feel better. And I won't deposit there more until they fix this. I have other sites I can play on that give me r/b... it just makes no sense to spend it at FT.

Edit: Just typing the first part of this post pissed me off enough to go write another nasty response to their affiliate support. That made me feel better too. You guys should try it.:D

I dont think you realise why it is you cant get RB having signed up with a non-RB affilliate.

FT enters into an agreement with the affiliate to give them a percentage of your rake in return for introducing you to the site. This is a form of targeted advertising. Rather than FT spending more of its revenue on advertising, it simply pays affiliates for getting you to sign up.

Once you sign up via an affiliate (and you may not have realised that's what you were doing, but you did, at some point visit an affiliate site and soon after sign up, so it does work) the affiliate has honoured their part of the deal, and for that FT agree to pay them some of your rake.

A RB affiliate does exactly the same, but they have agreed a deal whereby you opt out of all the free stuff the site gives you and instead they get a larger amount of money from FT. They then pay you a large chunk of this as RB and keep a small amount for themselves as profit (which will be about the same amount of profit as the other kinds of affiliate).

FT cannot terminate the agreement with the affiliate. If you had RB via a RB affiliate they couldn't terminate that one either.

So once you sign up via an affiliate (RB or non RB) you are stuck with that affiliate for life, because that is the deal they have with all affiliates for introducing you to FT. They cant give you RB because they cant get out of paying the people you first signed up with. The affiliate you signed up with wont terminate the agreement either because once you sign up, that's their bit done, and they expect to be paid for it.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont think you realise why it is you cant get RB having signed up with a non-RB affilliate.

FT enters into an agreement with the affiliate to give them a percentage of your rake in return for introducing you to the site. This is a form of targeted advertising. Rather than FT spending more of its revenue on advertising, it simply pays affiliates for getting you to sign up.

Once you sign up via an affiliate (and you may not have realised that's what you were doing, but you did, at some point visit an affiliate site and soon after sign up, so it does work) the affiliate has honoured their part of the deal, and for that FT agree to pay them some of your rake.

A RB affiliate does exactly the same, but they have agreed a deal whereby you opt out of all the free stuff the site gives you and instead they get a larger amount of money from FT. They then pay you a large chunk of this as RB and keep a small amount for themselves as profit (which will be about the same amount of profit as the other kinds of affiliate).

FT cannot terminate the agreement with the affiliate. If you had RB via a RB affiliate they couldn't terminate that one either.

So once you sign up via an affiliate (RB or non RB) you are stuck with that affiliate for life, because that is the deal they have with all affiliates for introducing you to FT. They cant give you RB because they cant get out of paying the people you first signed up with. The affiliate you signed up with wont terminate the agreement either because once you sign up, that's their bit done, and they expect to be paid for it.

I understand perfectly. But from some of the reading I've done on this site and another big site, people who signed up through an affiliate have been getting rakeback. Why they are getting it, when others can't is unknown. So this is what I'm upset about. I understand what the affiliates role is in all of it.

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand perfectly. But from some of the reading I've done on this site and another big site, people who signed up through an affiliate have been getting rakeback. Why they are getting it, when others can't is unknown. So this is what I'm upset about. I understand what the affiliates role is in all of it.

Who originally signed up via a non-RB affiliate and now gets RB?

I have never heard of anyone being able to do this.

People who didnt sign up via an affiliate are able too get RB at FT via RakebackPros.

Can you post some links where people are stating they signed up via a non-RB affiliate and were able to change.