Bot players

R

raimundox44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How to adapt my way of play to defeat a bot?

A

Avantured

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play offline then :)
I play in big rooms for a long time. No bots there)
Or they are so bad, we call them fishes.

The Boss

The Boss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To be frank, I suspect a lot of the players who make the claim that they lost to bots may have just lost to some random person that got very lucky postflop.

sanekhorror

sanekhorror

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I think that the bots in the game are present.

M

Mateo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think there will be some out there, but I would say the poker sites should be pretty onto trying to remove them. It's interesting to think about though, especially since poker hasn't been 'solved' so a bot isn't even necessarily better than a human. The only advantage a bot has (in my opinion) is the lack of emotion in making decisions.

Robochick

Robochick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People have asked me if I am a bot and I relpy, "Beep, boop, beep"

L

Lisapeter81

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had a flush on the flop yesterday, on the flop Q * K * J, I had an all-in, oponent with J * 9 all in on the river J*9 -full house, of course bot
Happens to me all bloody time absolute joke, I had k-k so I raised n I was re raised so I called as u would do, n they had 4-7 off suit n the bastar##s hit full house I meen wtf...

L

Lisapeter81

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Deffo yes not all sites but deffo bots at large....

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its a cest pool for sure, add in teamviewer, skype, MTT teams where coaches take over deep runs and non stop ghosting, MAs for chip dumping pleasure but, where else can you play. In this day and age, Im not even sure how anyone would stop it

Lucky Alalk

Lucky Alalk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens to me once, I was stealing blinds with another player till players amount reduced from 2k to like 700, seems that other players were bots behind the table.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
There used to be a lot of bots on pokerstars spin n go games about a year ago. Either they have been stopped or the programming have improved cause I haven't seen one recently.

I miss them though wish they would come back, I used to love them, easy money.

Gamer1

Gamer1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
they have nothing to lose, they are not afraid of anything

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I also think that there are bots in all poker rooms.
Somewhere more, somewhere less.
But you need to use the situation and learn to earn.
Goog luck.

S

Stacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do think bots are out there but they are not placed by the sites themselves. I believe they have pretty good software to detect them now

JayE

JayE

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do any of you get the feeling that most pokersites have bots sat at the tables, not saying they all do but I'm pritty sure most have them. For reason been to take all ur money [emoji386] as I have had great cards n raised only for someone to call me n hit full house from nothing n im getting pritty peed off as its happening to often now. :confused::mad::confused::eek:
I believe there are bots and alot of bad beats. Due to the bad algorithms they use for the software. Its also beatable if you learn the habits of the bots and watchout for the people or bots who out draw.
Throws off your real game cause you have to play differently which sucks!

JayE

JayE

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I leave notes on suspected bots. So if i see them again i know!

S

Slmmccartney

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There’s definitely some and most of them would be on the least reputable sites

Perceval

Perceval

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played a lot of game and there's always been ....... bots and cheaters.
If PokerStars update as often its software, there must be a reason ....

Betmakers

Betmakers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the bots are in every room. Sometimes you see is what is not really capable of living man.

R

rastashark

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Do any of you get the feeling that most pokersites have bots sat at the tables, not saying they all do but I'm pritty sure most have them. For reason been to take all ur money 💷 as I have had great cards n raised only for someone to call me n hit full house from nothing n im getting pritty peed off as its happening to often now. :confused::mad::confused::eek:

This is the feeling I get as well. I play at three different sites and I believe they all use Bots. The reason I feel this way is because pretty much every time I have good pockets like Ace Kings or Queens (pairs), a Bot will go all in pre flop. Whenever this happens (and it happens often) I know I'm going to lose, they will always have garbage hands and I watch as the cards are laid out for the Bot. The frustration is that I play just to have some fun and there is zero fun as a result of this. Because of this I only play freerolls now.

J

jnuts

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe you can report it on some sites and they'll do something but up until recently i was playing on ACR and i filled a complaint about possible cheating and they pretty much just said they will look into it but i would not be informed if something was found and i would never get a refund so i just stopped playing there.

S

shadow72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are definitely bots on most (if not all sites), but once you recognize them, they are actually fairly easy to defeat. If you play completely orthodox against a bot, you will probably find yourself in trouble by the river. I've found that playing in more of a random fashion brings the most success against bots so I would suggest more raises and re-raises in spots where you might not normally do so, etc.