Status
Not open for further replies.
BodogBecky

BodogBecky

Bodog Site Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've always had a soft spot for Bodog even though I don't play there as much as I used to. It was the first online site I spent any real time playing at, mainly cos they had that $1000 freeroll but also the beginner s&g's are a great way to get a roll started and I still don't know any other site that has that format of sng. As well I actually always liked the table layouts and the play is a lot faster than other sites (and its also got the best all-in sfx lol).

Anyway, the gripe I've had with it lately is that when you register for a tournament, if you don't have the lobby maximized then you don't get the alert box that the tournament has started! This has happened to me loads of times where I reg for a game, then do something else like browse the web or I may even be playing on another site at the same time, and I miss the start of the tournament altogether!! once I missed even missed about 40 mins of a game where I was distracted by something else.

I think that's really lame. You need to get them to bring alerts to the top of the screen, or even better just do away with the alert box altogether and just take me to the table when the game starts or when its my turn to play. Know what I mean?

A fix is planned for the December release, but with this being software development there are no guarantees. It is on bodog Network's list though, and it has high priority. :)

The Dark Side

The Dark Side

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Heres something.

Allow players to UNREGISTER for tourneys or SnG's.

Its complete BS that if I sit at a table and no one else registers, all I can do is wait. So Im sitting at this 45man Sng for over 2 hours and its not even halfway full, AND I cant unregister?Again, BS.

How about some NL 1on1 tables instead of only FL. I already sent an email about this and got the reply that "if there is a need for NL Holdem tables they will be made." Need? Why even send the email?

And as stated. Do something with the hand history & Player to player Transfers.

I like Bodog. I play there almost everyday even with the problems.

sharkyo01

sharkyo01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol ... I started using Bodog i while back played a few freerolls etc.... Then blocked my account til i sent them my passport .... So never played there again...

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Heres something.

Its complete BS that if I sit at a table and no one else registers, all I can do is wait. So Im sitting at this 45man Sng for over 2 hours and its not even halfway full, AND I cant unregister?Again, BS.

You gotta be kidding. Surprised no one's mentioned this. That is a serious problem, never even heard of such a thing. BTW, I'm playing their freeroll right now, laggy beyond belief. And others at the table said it was crashing and freezing for them too. Unusual for Bodog.

Baby Jesus

Baby Jesus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol ... I started using Bodog i while back played a few freerolls etc.... Then blocked my account til i sent them my passport .... So never played there again...

They froze my bankroll untill I sent in Me and My wife's I.D.Then They released it . She only played freechips and I had over 4 hundred.I thought It was gone.They were good about given it back after They got Our info.

I liked Bodog but there hand history's don't work with HEM or PT2 without a hand grabber so I don't play there much anymore but I did leave 50 bucks in my acct so I could go back and play every once and a while.I used to love those beginner S n G.

The Dark Side

The Dark Side

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You gotta be kidding. Surprised no one's mentioned this. That is a serious problem, never even heard of such a thing.

Yeah Imagine my surprise as I realize that Im gonna have to just leave and lose my buy-in. Now I lurk on the SnG's till theyre almost full. Leson Learned... but still needs addressed.

They froze my BankRoll untill I sent in Me and My wife's I.D.Then They released it . She only played freechips and I had over 4 hundred.I thought It was gone.They were good about given it back after They got Our info.

Really? Did they say why they did this?

kingme620

kingme620

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Heres something.

I agree it should be made so you can easily unregister.

I say easily because I do think its possible. Everytime I want to unregister I close and reopen the lobby and open the table and close it until it lets me unregister. Really weird.

BodogBecky

BodogBecky

Bodog Site Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Heres something.

Hey guys,

I spoke to Bodog Network about this, and here is their response:

We do understand that unregistering is not as easy as it could be, so this is something that we will look at improving.

In the meantime, to register at STT's and Multi Table Sit and Go's have slightly different methods.

1) for Sit and Go's. If a player is at a table and wants to unregister, if the game has not started yet, they simply close the table. They will be prompted to ensure that they want to leave, and if they select "leave table" the table will close, their buy-in will be refunded and they will no longer be registered. There is no "unregister" button at the table, and I see how this could be confusing.

2) for Multi Table Sit and Go's. If the tournament has not started, the player can go to the Tournament Lobby for that specific tournament. This can be done via clicking the Name of the tournament via the main lobby if they have closed the automatic opening that occurred when they signed up. Under both tabs, "Table & Players" and "Tournament Details" about have way down on the left hand side, there is a large button marked "Unregister". Clicking this will refund the buy in to the player, and return their buy in.

If players have any questions on this, they can contact CS at any time via the phone number at the top of their poker client to get walked through the steps.

Thanks!
Becky

S

swissarmy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always liked bodog but they need more players...tourney scene is weak

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to be able to use my "Tournament Dollars" for SnGs.

Currently they are only good in MTTs, which is very odd, imho.

The Dark Side

The Dark Side

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Something else that I was thinking of is having sng's or mtt's for points. Satellittes or whatever. I know you can trade them for cash, which is cool but having tourneys where multiple players can put there points together for a bigger tourney seat wouldnt be bad.

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sitters

Another prob, is that you cannot see who is sittiing out in MTTs. I've been playing a lot of these trying to build BR there and everyone's status at the table is the same. So you can't take advantage of sitters because they are not identified. By the time u figure out who is sitting out at yr table, you are moved to another and have to try and figure out again. Sheesh...

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This makes me think it might be a good time to try them again. I haven't played there in a long time.

B

brett987

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bodog problems

We had a HUGE problem on Bodog today with someone violating their rules against us in a hand. Customer service wouldn't help.

Has anyone else had problems with customer service on Bodog? We are quite upset.

BodogBecky

BodogBecky

Bodog Site Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We had a HUGE problem on Bodog today with someone violating their rules against us in a hand. Customer service wouldn't help.

Has anyone else had problems with customer service on Bodog? We are quite upset.

Can you send me some more details about the problem, including your account information and your geographical location, and I'll speak directly with Bodog Network about this on your behalf? Feel free to PM me if you'd prefer...

Becky

P

plainluck

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Becky, Bodog was my first poker site and I still love it. And I also love the new updates that have been made. I do have two things that bother me though. One is I would like the table to pop up when you click on "Last Hand" and the other is the names, chat, etc. can't be scrolled. These changes would be super. Thank you.

xxxpokerxxx2

xxxpokerxxx2

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You took the time to show you know how many hours and minutes are in a year. Yet you clearly didnt understand q2.

Now you learned q2 means quarter 2. By the way 4 quarters in 2010.

:D I love this stuff, very funny indeed :D

P

Project2501

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I was playing in a freeroll at Bodog last night and I was moved to a table but wasn't listed as actually playing. It wasn't until I closed the software and re-opened it, that everything started to work again. I love the site software look and feel, but wow what a buggy mess.

bazerk

bazerk

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi BodogBecky,

It's very impressive how responsive you are to answering users' ???s. I'm glad to read that the site is making improvements...I was having similar issues as Poker Orifice...unable to have mutiple sites opened -- my Bodog hands would consistently get folded & sit me out plus the other sites would close & this only happened when I had Bodog opened...aaaghh.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I didn't mean to be knocking Bodog or responding so negatively on this thread. I was actually excited about being able to play poker on Bodog once it became available to Canadians.
Bodog made the mistake of shipping me a free $10 prior to my making a deposit so I was able to try out the site. I had troubles right from the get go and then was down to my last dollar before taking down a $1 tourney (yay!!).
So since then I've wanted to play in some more tournaments on Bodog, & perhaps some SNG's as well (sidenote.... those 'Beginner' ones for any CC members just getting started on there are very, very easy to win consistently on). I played a couple more games but again ran into problems when playing on the site at the same time as I was also playing on other sites. It wasn't too too bad... BUT the entire time my confidence was really low.... << not something I'm wanting to be thinking about while playing.. "Is it going to freeze on me?.. am I going to reraise here with top set and then end up folding to a shove because the site freezes up on me again?" I just can't afford to have that happen.
Usually when I play poker I have multiple sites &/or multiple tables up & running but as mentioned, don't feel confident (or capable) doing this while running Bodog.
I would like to think I'll play on there again sometime soon but know that it'd have to be when I can commit to playing on just Bodog and nothing else at the same time. For now that would just be private league tournaments and any that I've checked out are always running during times when I'd typically be multi-tabling a few other tournaments.

I will continue to watch this thread in hopes of hearing about improvements on the site. Maybe I'll bet on some UFC fights?.. then I won't have to have the site open & running while I'm playing poker.

rcrocketman

rcrocketman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm fairly new to online poker. I just started playing after watching my younger sister playing while she was hear visiting with us.
I've been checking around at a few different poker sites and had considered depositing to Bodog to give it a shot (I like playing micro turbo sng's for now).
I'm glad I read through this thread about the site as I'm now thinking I will hold off for a bit before doing so. It's great to have a rep. from the site here so readily available to give us the inside scoop on what's going on. You might just seem me on there in the new year, kicking some CC member's butts on the virtual tables.

BodogBecky

BodogBecky

Bodog Site Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi BodogBecky,

It's very impressive how responsive you are to answering users' ???s. I'm glad to read that the site is making improvements...I was having similar issues as Poker Orifice...unable to have mutiple sites opened -- my Bodog hands would consistently get folded & sit me out plus the other sites would close & this only happened when I had Bodog opened...aaaghh.

Pleasure :) I will continue to keep you posted...in fact, I'm having dinner with the Bodog Network CEO and VP next week, so I'll be full of insider info very soon!

Becky

BodogBecky

BodogBecky

Bodog Site Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Becky, Bodog was my first poker site and I still love it. And I also love the new updates that have been made. I do have two things that bother me though. One is I would like the table to pop up when you click on "Last Hand" and the other is the names, chat, etc. can't be scrolled. These changes would be super. Thank you.

From Bodog Network:

"We will improve the hand history, including the last hand
functionality. It will be a complete rebuild and is planned for Q1 next
year.

The chat is scrollable with the arrows but not the with mouse wheel. I
am afraid this is not something that has high priority but it is on the
list of future improvements."

Thanks!! :) Becky

Kasanova King

Kasanova King

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm glad I came across this thread. I started playing on Bodog several years ago, I'm guessing before they pulled from the US...I guess it was 2-3 years or so ago. I stopped playing online poker and only played live until the last 2 months or so. Over the summer they sent me a postcard saying "they missed me" so I downloaded their software on my new laptop - dual processor, 4 g, etc - Anyway, I have experienced the same problems that have been mentioned in this thread - which I find rather strange because the Bodog Software used to run fine on my older computer that had 1/10th YES 1/10 of the speed and memory of my new one - ??? The Bodog software alone now takes up more memory on my new comp then than double the entire capacity of my old one. This is not only bizarre but also worrisome. The software must be filled with all types of spyware, etc - why else would it take up so many resources???

I put up with it freezing up until the other day when I woke up with AA in the middle of a tourney - I flopped a set of aces - then checked the flop, villain pushes half his stack in - I hit the all in button - BUT NO RESPONSE - IT FROZE UP ON ME AND I AUTOMATICALLY FOLDED THE HAND - AFTER I HAD PUT ABOUT 30% OF MY STACK IN PRE-FLOP, not to mention I would have doubled up. This not only made me hit the roof - it sent me on total tilt - I mean, come on - this game has enough challenges on it's own with all the donkey dodging and bad beats you have to endure - software problems and losing hands because of it?? No, I don't think so.

So I decided to email customer support and they had the balls to tell me that the problem was on my part. Here is their pompous response:

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Dear Alex,

Thank you for contacting Bodog Poker Customer Service.

[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]We understand your concern that the issues may be originating from our end; however, when one player is disconnected, yet the game continues on with all other clients still playing, the problem obviously originates from, and is isolated to, that one player. If it were an issue with our servers, all players would be affected. In that case, we would take full responsibility and refund all buy-ins.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Thank you very much for writing. Should you have any questions, or require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Regards,
Poker Customer Service

Bodog. Play Hard.
poker@bodog.com

I mean, what a joke. Several players were complaining about lag and it freezing up - and I told them that. Here was my response:
[/FONT]

Thanks for responding. That actually is NOT the case. Many players have been complaining about similar problems with YOUR software all week and not just in that table but many others as well. I do not know what the problem is but I GUARANTEE YOU IT IS ON YOUR SIDE. I play poker for a living and play on many sites and yours is the only one I have had problems with. I showed my pc and the problems to an IT professional and he said that it was a problem with YOUR software and program. But that's ok, if you do not want to take responsibility, then I will more than happy to take my business elsewhere and I will be sure to tell everyone I know, on the half a dozen poker message boards and forums that I belong to, about my experience.

Cheers,

Then it looks as if they just sent me a copy and paste about downloading this and restarting that bs:
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Dear Alex,

Thank you for contacting Bodog Poker Customer Service.

[/FONT]

To fix your issue, please open Internet Explorer and load the following website:

https://account.live.com/autocare.aspx

This is a tool developed by Microsoft that will allow us to provide you with a multitude of troubleshooting steps with one simple program.

When you click on the link, you will be taken to a website titled "Download MSN Auto Care". You want to click on the link that says 'Download on Windows XP or later'. From here, you will be prompted to open a file called "acliteinstaller.exe". Click on 'Run' to initiate the download and installation of this program.

When the program has finished installing, you will see the 'Auto Care' box appear on your screen. Select option #4 'MSN Messenger Related Issues' from the drop down list and click 'Diagnose and Fix'.

The program will prompt you to confirm information such as your date and time. If your computer date and time is incorrect, it can be changed by clicking on the 'Change' button. To delete your temporary internet files and cookies, please click 'Yes' when prompted. When the program has completed running, feel free to close it.

At this point, we will have you restart your computer. While you are restarting your computer, we ask that you also unplug the power to your high speed internet modem and plug it in after five seconds. This will reboot not only your computer but your internet connection.

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Thank you very much for writing. Should you have any questions, or require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Regards,
Poker Customer Service

Bodog. Play Hard.
poker@bodog.com

The funny thing is, is that I don't even use internet explorer, I use firefox - they just assume things - unbelievable.

Anyway, just thought you guys should know -Heck, if they weren't going to refund my entry, I would have been happy with an apology - I didn't even get that - instead they said it was my fault and gave me a bunch of BS to do - what a joke.
[/FONT]

P

Project2501

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Can you make a bodog client for my iphone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bodog Poker - Bodog PT - Bodog ES - Bovada