Status
Not open for further replies.
Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Have always been a huge fan of Bodog Tech support & cust svc. Keep up the good work.

Can underline this - tech support and mods respond is swift and accurate.

BodogBecky

BodogBecky

Bodog Site Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, this was a big gripe of mine, inexcusable. Glad they finally did it right. And hope so too.

Don't suppose they'd put in the same micros for Omaha HL. Ya know, the mgmt might think all these micros are more trouble than they're worth, but they should probably think again. No doubt you guys check out the offerrings at the competition. You'd notice there is tons on traffic at both the 1/2 cent and 2/5 tables. If it's a one-time headache to set up, I'd bet it would pay off in the long run.

Have always been a huge fan of Bodog Tech support & cust svc. Keep up the good work. BTW, the sports betting is tops!

Spoke to bodog Network and they might add lower limits for the Omaha too, but will start with Hold’em...

Thanks for the kind words about the Tech Support, CS, and sports betting, I agree!! :)

Becky

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK my beef: The dog needs more banking options, and soon. UseMyBank is balky and clumsy, and some of us do not use credit cards for pker (all my poker money is online). Most sites have 5-6 options, Bodog has 2. Need instadebit, Moneybookers and others so one can transfer funds from site to site... When are options going to be opened up?

BodogBecky

BodogBecky

Bodog Site Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK my beef: The dog needs more banking options, and soon. UseMyBank is balky and clumsy, and some of us do not use credit cards for pker (all my poker money is online). Most sites have 5-6 options, Bodog has 2. Need Instadebit, Moneybookers and others so one can transfer funds from site to site... When are options going to be opened up?

Can you please tell me where you are located? Once I know your location I can ask the appropriate Bodog licensee...

Thanks,
Becky

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can you please tell me where you are located? Once I know your location I can ask the appropriate Bodog licensee...

Thanks,
Becky

OK Becky I am located offshore in Ottawa, you and Dylan know me as the mad Canuck prodigal, also u have my job application has it been processed yet? Please PM so I can resend my CV LOL :eek:

larry4896

larry4896

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Still playing on Bodog, but not nearly as much as I used to. Once they got rid of their gauranteed prize pots, traffic dropped way off on all levels. Bring back gauranteed pots for tourneys. They may still have them but they are half what they used to be. Loved the sunday 4:30 $10 -$10,000

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
My gripes - handhistory feature is archaic and terribad. Software seems to be real clunky and uses up a ton of memory. I comfortably multi-table & multi-task - no problem with 4 sites open at once, 1-3tables on each and running other programs but when I run Bodog i get problems while running just one other site and minimal stuff on my puter (it limits what I'm able to do while in a Bodog game & until this changes I will rarely play on the site).

Pluses - players on Bodog seem to play really, really bad. not 'seem to'... they just do. Strikes me as odd that one site could have such a huge proportion of bad players??

BodogBecky

BodogBecky

Bodog Site Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some good news for you: Bodog Network just informed me that they decided to add a $0.02/$0.05 NL table in a couple of weeks. They changed our minds because you brought this to their attention, so thank you! :D

Becky

Hey guys, as an FYI, turns out it was not as simple as they thought to add $0.02/$0.05 tables. Since it is a new limit for bodog poker, a lot of configuration is necessary. They still want to do it but these tables will not be up this week...hopefully they can have them up in mid-December.

Thank you!

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Pluses - players on Bodog seem to play really, really bad. not 'seem to'... they just do. Strikes me as odd that one site could have such a huge proportion of bad players??
I think I can answer this. With the sports betting feature on Bodog, you get a lot of crossover from those folks who are probably not serious poker players, who take some of their sports winnings and donk it around on the tables. It was the same kind of dynamic back in the day when BoS (Bet on Sports) poker was around. Terrrrrible players in their poker rooms as well. If you can avoid the bad beats from terrible calls, then it's $cha-CHING!$ for you. :p

BodogBecky

BodogBecky

Bodog Site Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK Becky I am located offshore in Ottawa, you and Dylan know me as the mad Canuck prodigal, also u have my job application has it been processed yet? Please PM so I can resend my CV LOL :eek:

Haa, you can always PM me at BodogBecky :)

In the meantime, I spoke with Bodog Europe, the Bodog licensee that owns and operates Bodog.ca and below is their response in regards to payment methods:

"We are continuing to explore new payment options and will be offering additional methods in the future, but do not have any definite dates as to when they will be online. Right now, players can deposit at Bodog.ca using credit cards or gift cards with the VISA logo or if they would prefer to transfer funds directly from their bank account, we also offer UseMyBank".

Thanks, Becky

luckytvguy

luckytvguy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Been playing on bodog for a while, and have seen several complaints on here about the site. However, I noticed they have added some features that are common at the bigger sites.

Now the have late registration for tourneys. ( which is great cause i used it today and finish ITM)

Also you can now see what place/ position you are in relative to others in tourney. This took a while.

Hope they keep making improvements.
i have complainted about place/position problem several times.glad to see that improvement.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I played on Bodog today and must say that I won't be depositing a penny on that site until there are vast improvements to the software. I'd like to play the CC games on there but after another bad experience today, I can't see it happening anytime soon.
For some reason when I'm playing on Bodog I'm barely able to open other sites and play on more than say one table. When I do I've repeatedly had my computer freeze up on me (especially when the player action on Bodog happens at the exact same time as it does on another table at another site... or if I get moved to another table during a tournament). Today I lost out on around 5mins. of play on two occassions... once while quite deep in a donkament closing in on the bubble. It also messsed me up on my Fulltilt games in a big way (deep in sngs multi-tabling).
I won't and can't risk it again.... too bad cuz if it worked a bit better I'd be in there in a heartbeat. This is the only site that I have a problem on. I'm pretty sure it's not my computer as the puter is brand new and runs on 4GB Ram with a decent processor (Intel Core 2 duo). Like I said, I have zero problems on all other sites (and have been on tables in 5 sites simultaneously with up to 12 tables running and other programs running, I.M., reading emails, surfing the web, etc.).
what's up with that? Why does Bodog run like this when none of the others do?
I might play a CC Bodog game but if I do it'll mean that it will be the only game I'm playing at the time and will be giving up what I'd normally be doing.... and hardly seems worth it.
Becky.. are there plans in the works to overhaul the software so that it runs much more efficiently??? (I know it's not just me... today on the tables when I mentioned it, the majority of players on the table all have had similiar experiences).

B

bigjoker66

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys, as an FYI, turns out it was not as simple as they thought to add $0.02/$0.05 tables. Since it is a new limit for Bodog Poker, a lot of configuration is necessary. They still want to do it but these tables will not be up this week...hopefully they can have them up in mid-December.

Thank you!

$0.02/$0.05 will be nice. What about $0.05/$0.10 stud?

Also will Omaha limits be the same a Hold-em limits??

I really like the client improvements lately.

DaFrench1

DaFrench1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Bodog Network is absolutely working on more improvements for Bodog Poker in addition to developing the Bodog Poker Network which will be begin accepting non-Bodog branded poker sites in mid 2010..

Not sure I got that ^^. What does that mean?

BodogBecky

BodogBecky

Bodog Site Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played on Bodog today and must say that I won't be depositing a penny on that site until there are vast improvements to the software. I'd like to play the CC games on there but after another bad experience today, I can't see it happening anytime soon.
For some reason when I'm playing on Bodog I'm barely able to open other sites and play on more than say one table. When I do I've repeatedly had my computer freeze up on me (especially when the player action on Bodog happens at the exact same time as it does on another table at another site... or if I get moved to another table during a tournament). Today I lost out on around 5mins. of play on two occassions... once while quite deep in a donkament closing in on the bubble. It also messsed me up on my Fulltilt games in a big way (deep in sngs multi-tabling).
I won't and can't risk it again.... too bad cuz if it worked a bit better I'd be in there in a heartbeat. This is the only site that I have a problem on. I'm pretty sure it's not my computer as the puter is brand new and runs on 4GB Ram with a decent processor (Intel Core 2 duo). Like I said, I have zero problems on all other sites (and have been on tables in 5 sites simultaneously with up to 12 tables running and other programs running, I.M., reading emails, surfing the web, etc.).
what's up with that? Why does Bodog run like this when none of the others do?
I might play a CC Bodog game but if I do it'll mean that it will be the only game I'm playing at the time and will be giving up what I'd normally be doing.... and hardly seems worth it.
Becky.. are there plans in the works to overhaul the software so that it runs much more efficiently??? (I know it's not just me... today on the tables when I mentioned it, the majority of players on the table all have had similiar experiences).

Bodog Network is aware of this situation and is working on the poker client using less resources on players' computers. It will be gradual improvement starting with the November release, and in 3-4 months all users will notice a big difference compared to now.

Thanks!
Becky

BodogBecky

BodogBecky

Bodog Site Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure I got that ^^. What does that mean?

Sorry, sorry- think of the Cake Network...you have Cake Poker and there are also other non-Cake branded poker skins which are on the cake poker network such as Power Poker, Doyle's, Players Only, etc...

In addition to Bodog Poker, Bodog Network will be accepting non-Bodog branded poker skins on the network Q3 2010.

Does this make sense? Sorry if I was unclear!

Becky

BodogBecky

BodogBecky

Bodog Site Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$0.02/$0.05 will be nice. What about $0.05/$0.10 stud?

Also will Omaha limits be the same a Hold-em limits??

I really like the client improvements lately.

From Bodog Network:

The decision has only been made to add $0.02/$0.05 NL/PL Hold’em. Regarding Stud and Omaha, we feel that our player liquidity is currently not big enough to add a lower level. As soon as we have more players and won’t risk the player liquidity at $0.05/$0.10, we will add $0.02/$0.05 for Stud and Omaha, too

Thank you for the compliments too, Bodog Network and I really appreciate it. :)

Becky

kingme620

kingme620

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play on bodog quite alot recently, and the software is just ok, kinda clunky and resource intensive but that has already been addressed in this thread.

My main gripes:

1.) Waitlisting. When I have tables open and a waitlist box pops up that asks me to sit down, I would like to have the ability to move this box to check the lobby and decide whether I want to take the seat. On other sites the box can be moved and is not always 'on top' of the main lobby window.

2.) Random crashes. This may be a problem specific to my computer, but I doubt it. When I do things like open tables and waitlist etc. occasionaly the whole program will crash. It only happens every 3-4 hours of play (I change tables alot) but this is not the kind of program you want to crash alot. I have no idea if this happens to others...

canucks921

canucks921

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like Bodog as well, it just seems everything I win in the poker rooms I drop on sports. Ouch, man I hate the fact I can bet on sports there. Why did I just blow my entire bankroll on the Canucks? why why why.

B

bigjoker66

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From Bodog Network:

Thank you for the compliments too, Bodog Network and I really appreciate it. :)

Becky

What about readable hand history?

Right now it is VERY difficult to read the hand history. You have to read it in the unsizable lobby window, and the action is hard to follow the way it is presented for Hold'em and Omaha.

For stud it is almost impossible to follow.

BodogBecky

BodogBecky

Bodog Site Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play on bodog quite alot recently, and the software is just ok, kinda clunky and resource intensive but that has already been addressed in this thread.

My main gripes:

1.) Waitlisting. When I have tables open and a waitlist box pops up that asks me to sit down, I would like to have the ability to move this box to check the lobby and decide whether I want to take the seat. On other sites the box can be moved and is not always 'on top' of the main lobby window.

2.) Random crashes. This may be a problem specific to my computer, but I doubt it. When I do things like open tables and waitlist etc. occasionaly the whole program will crash. It only happens every 3-4 hours of play (I change tables alot) but this is not the kind of program you want to crash alot. I have no idea if this happens to others...

From Bodog Network VP:

1) Thanks for the feedback. This is not in the development plan right now, but I will speak with team about it.

2) We know that the poker client uses too much resources, especially memory usage, on the users’ computers and that is something we will improve over the next releases. Hopefully this will solve the problem for you

Thanks!
Becky

BodogBecky

BodogBecky

Bodog Site Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What about readable hand history?

Right now it is VERY difficult to read the hand history. You have to read it in the unsizable lobby window, and the action is hard to follow the way it is presented for Hold'em and Omaha.

For stud it is almost impossible to follow.

Improving the hand history is on the list of things to develop and will probably be released in January-February 2010. Bodog Network is not sure exactly how it will look yet, but it will not be difficult to make it better than today. :)

Becky

kingme620

kingme620

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the quick answer Becky :)

DaFrench1

DaFrench1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've always had a soft spot for Bodog even though I don't play there as much as I used to. It was the first online site I spent any real time playing at, mainly cos they had that $1000 freeroll but also the beginner s&g's are a great way to get a roll started and I still don't know any other site that has that format of sng. As well I actually always liked the table layouts and the play is a lot faster than other sites (and its also got the best all-in sfx lol).

Anyway, the gripe I've had with it lately is that when you register for a tournament, if you don't have the lobby maximized then you don't get the alert box that the tournament has started! This has happened to me loads of times where I reg for a game, then do something else like browse the web or I may even be playing on another site at the same time, and I miss the start of the tournament altogether!! once I missed even missed about 40 mins of a game where I was distracted by something else.

I think that's really lame. You need to get them to bring alerts to the top of the screen, or even better just do away with the alert box altogether and just take me to the table when the game starts or when its my turn to play. Know what I mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bodog Poker - Bodog PT - Bodog ES - Bovada