Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
One of the crappiest sites ever. The software is as boring as it can possibly be. ZZZZZ-DOG!!! They could use some animation changes or something.

Pretty sure this ^ isn't what most of us are referring to on here (personally I could care less about the animation & find the software far from boring when it's freezing up on me in crucial spots, lol. Pretty sure that most in this post are interested in knowing about more important things of concern.. ie. HandHistory Feature, software upgrades (to stop lagging & freze-ups, p2p transfers, etc.). Anoter 'quality' post by sherbert imo.. yay!

Yep... waiting patiently for Becky (I only brought this post back up last night). Pretty sure I can go grab another giftcard (noticed that bodog only takes visa & the Giftcard I had was a mastercard).

Last edited:
BodogBecky

BodogBecky

Bodog Site Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find myself contemplating making a deposit to a poker site that I don't already play on (I've played a bit on Bodog but only with the free $10 they gave me & have never deposited on the site).

I did notice the past couple of times I played that the software seems to be running better than it had been (I didn't have any freeze-ups). Wondering why a player can still only play on 4 tables at a time though??

I didn't see any changes/improvement in the HandHistory feature. It is now 10mos. past the time estimated above. Will Bodog be changing their HandHistory feature anytime soon?

Another thing that keeps me from depositing today (I'm itching to but will likely spend it elsewhere as I've got a juicy giftcard in front of me, part of it being allotted for anti-virus renewal & the balance for a 'new' poker site (new to me at least)) --- is... "Player-to-Player Transfers". What is keeping Bodog from adding this option on their site? I personally know that it'd generate alot more in tourney fees paid (&/or rake). There are some other sites I play on that make it very difficult to make player-to-player transfers & I feel that they are losing out on a ton of business (ie. I have a decent roll on one site & I rarely play on it... maybe 2 or 3x/mth max. I know some other players who would love to get a transfer shipped to them on the site & if they did, I know they'd each play at least 50-100x more often than I do = more money to the poker site from increased activity). It just seems crazy to not allow transfers & to not make them easily accessible.

Any current updates for us Becky? (re player-to-player transfers; HandHistory feature upgrade; software improvements;)

I want to deposit to & play on this site.... but.... I need some convincing. (for one, the Cardschat games I'm imagining are pretty soft & +EV so it seems foolish to be missing out on them.... but if my depositing was to only be for this reason it still doesn't really seem worth it).

bodog poker is constantly working on improving the poker product and there was an upgrade a couple of weeks ago. I cannot give any details on future improvements unfortunately, but I have forwarded your suggestions to the relevant people on my side.

Thanks!
Becky

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My Take

Have been doggin it for years, as it was a canuck thing early on, ring very soft in spots, good bonuses on par with stars... beginner SNGs are a walk... have withdrawn way more than I ever put in... support can be awesome (txs Becky, Dylan and the boys in Antigua).

The above concerns are real though... and the more playahs they keep away from my site the better!!!! :icon_joke:rolleyes:

B

bigjoker66

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bodog Poker is constantly working on improving the poker product and there was an upgrade a couple of weeks ago. I cannot give any details on future improvements unfortunately, but I have forwarded your suggestions to the relevant people on my side.

Thanks!
Becky

Hi Becky, Glad you still read this thread!

Would you be able to post the changes that were in the upgrade a few weeks ago?

Also what was in the update from yesterday? (Oct 13, 2010)

I have never been able to figure out where to find what changed in the updates.

BodogBecky

BodogBecky

Bodog Site Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Becky, Glad you still read this thread!

Would you be able to post the changes that were in the upgrade a few weeks ago?

Also what was in the update from yesterday? (Oct 13, 2010)

I have never been able to figure out where to find what changed in the updates.

Ok, I just spoke with the poker guys, and here's what I've got for you...

On 28 September the changes that the players will notice were:

1)Tournament lobbies now open as separate windows
2)Timebank for MTT’s (not used for all tournaments yet)
3)New hand history format with positions instead of screen names
4)New animation for really good hands

On October 13th they just fixed a broken link.

Thanks,
Becky

B

bigjoker66

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, I just spoke with the poker guys, and here's what I've got for you...

On 28 September the changes that the players will notice were:

1)Tournament lobbies now open as separate windows
2)Timebank for MTT’s (not used for all tournaments yet)
3)New hand history format with positions instead of screen names
4)New animation for really good hands

On October 13th they just fixed a broken link.

Thanks,
Becky

Great information!

Thanks Becky!!!

FEARFACTOR

FEARFACTOR

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have noticed some improvements lately, and it doesn't seem to freeze up as much. I think the cards flaming for good hands is cool. Two of my pet peaves that really bug me are 1) If I am multi-tabling, I have my tables set up exactly how I want them overlapped on my screen. When quickly clicking from one table to the next, the table moves on my screen and I have to reposition it. Every other poker site I play, you have to drag the table from the top bar of the window.
2) After busting out of a tourney, I close the table. When trying to close the client, I still get a message saying I'm seated at a table, and have to close the table for a second time before leaving.
Little annoyances, but they bug me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bodog Poker - Bodog PT - Bodog ES - Bovada