Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WShanor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well thank you for restoring my faith in ACR. :) Just was a little concerned with it since I don't recall ever playing in re-entry tournies and I thought they were just pocketing the extra money.

dealio96

dealio96

The LAG Monkeys
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What about a "fold and show" option?

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Also for the replay button after a hand is done instead of having to go through the entire hand to see the hand results have it start out with how the hand ended and if we want to replay it we can just press the start button

(You know how Stars does it)

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Also All in chat protection is not on??

When a player is all in players should not be able to talk

W

waterboy73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have seen the prizepool information take some time to update in the past while playing at ACR. After add-ons have taken place, I would give it a few minutes, then open the lobby and it should reflect the correct totals.

A

ACR Rep

AmericasCardroom Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Cage- Nosebleeds are back!

Hello guys!

Welcome to the WPN thread; I’m here to help with all your needs, big and small.

I can answer any question about a promo or game, software features, or if you need help with funding or payouts. Feel free to post when you have a question about a bonus, need help navigating the site, or with anything whatsoever.

To get us started here is a bit of insider news hot off the press. Americas Cardroom has just introduced a new type of nosebleed $5,000+$100 Cash Game, it’s called The Cage. This high-stakes cash game with a time-based tournament format is all-out war! I’ll post the satellite schedule as soon as I get my hands on it.

To get in the action, visit: Americas Cardroom today for more details.

A

ACR Rep

AmericasCardroom Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In ring games if you disconnect or miss a hand it sits you out even if you did not miss your blinds, if you don't miss your orbits you should be able to come back in - of course if you disconnect and miss your BB or SB you should have to wait for the BB or post

I think DJ mentioned it but it's important enough to repeat - Links to tournaments in satellite tournaments - Ticket to 1716897 means nothing to me - and always having to go look for them is a pain

The ability to transfer tournament tickets to other players or to the site for cash - The "Tournament tickets hold no cash value so can not be traded" saying is dumb lol - Let players choose if they want to play in the tourney or trade it for money, this will probably get more players playing in sattys too..

Is it possible to make it so notes made in MTT's are different colored then notes made in Cash games or SNG's? Since a note made in a cash game will differ from notes made in a MTT - since I play both it can get confusing lol I don't know if any other site does this?

Lengthen the chat ability... I feel like I'm on twitter when I try to chat on WPN

The ability to transfer funds from all WPN Skins Example. If I'm on BCP the ability to transfer money to an ACR account whether it's from one of my accoutns to another one of my accounts (On the different Site) or from my account to some one else account. Absolute Poker and Ultimate Bet had this back in the day... Don't know if you could transfer money from your AP account to some one else UB account but you could do it to your own accounts.

Also I have a problem with my ring game filter - when I have the following:

[ ] HU
[x] 6 max
[ ] Full Ring

[ ] Shallow
[X] Normal
[ ] Cap

^^^ When I have it like this the shallow games still come up even though the box is unchecked

Thank you so much for all the feedback. We are currently working on several improvements in regards to referencing tournaments to their respective satellites. For example if you go the $100,000 GTD and open up the lobby, you can find the satellites that will take you to the main event.

We have also improved the way our filters work please check them out and let us know if the issue you explained persists.

I have also forwarded the other suggestions you mentioned to our developers to try to implement them in future upgrades.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Nope it's still doing it - I wouldn't mind but sometimes when I would click on waiting list it would take me to a short table even though I don't have it clicked

Cardschat 1

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Please make the font size larger in chat. It makes for a more friendly game, which might work toward increasing overall traffic.

For us here at CC, we like nice chatty events, and the extremely small size of that chat font really limits anyone without near perfect vision to even read what might be going on.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Please make the font size larger in chat. It makes for a more friendly game, which might work toward increasing overall traffic.

For us here at CC, we like nice chatty events, and the extremely small size of that chat font really limits anyone without near perfect vision to even read what might be going on.

Also higher or removing the limited characters allowed in chatting, Not being able to finish sentences because of the small limit can be frustrating.

RaizeR1205

RaizeR1205

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I agree on that. Yesterday was the first time I played on ACR because pf the CC tournament. I have great vision but could not read any of the text people were trying to type. My text was in bright green but I still couldn't see it.

Antonio22777

Antonio22777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Right now i am playing strictly Micro/Low stakes.I love playing at ACR and tripled my $5.00 promo bonus.I will slowly work my way up to higher stakes when i am comfortable with it.I have only been back in the online poker scene a few weeks and still feeling everything out.The biggest thing ive found so far that bothers me and i do not like is the new "DONK" type whick i call and have seen others call "BINGO" players.Ive seen some very stupid all in's such as J9os/T3os etc, even saw a 45 all in and the lucky smuck hit BINGO and won the pot.lol.I guess its nothing new to anyone who was not blocked from playing by the DOJ a few years back.Its just another version of a "DONK" in the worst way.LOL

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have this notion, and NO HARD FACTS to back it up. It is a gut feeling, and as a poker player I have to pay attention to some of my gut feelings. They don't rule me, but they do influence my decisions. This particular decision is whether I seek out games at WPN or another site where the ergonomic environment is more to my liking.

WPN want to tout itself (without actually touting) as a site for serious poker players. So they have done stuff via software that portrays not just serious, but cutthroat poker.

- We never see what hands we beat. Unless our villains are kind enough to show us, which requires a significant effort on his part.

- The 'obligatory' chat is (apparently) treated as a necessary evil.

In addition to my continuing efforts to get better at the game, I like the game (under the right circumstances). I enjoy playing against and with people, and WPN seems (subjective impression) to want the players to be more robot-like. So the enjoyment level at WPN is low.

Then there is the BEAST, which few understand as being anything other than a lottery players have to contribute to. As a casual player it LOOKS like an extra tax. I know you have said you no longer have the double rake to fund the BEAST, but the impression remains that the funding for the BEAST has to come from somewhere.

So, for the most part I only play WPN games on Cardschat game days. I have BR at both WPN's bigger sites, and if those issues get rectified, I would most likely increase my playing time at WPN.

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello ask a queston about ACR

when open lobby, there shows the pop up window, I always got this message the script is not safe something, think because the pup up window of the news from ACR.And the pop up window keep on poping up...no matter how many times I click to close them.
How to stop this?

besides just want to ask the web browser -- IE and firefox report the license of the homepage of ACR is expired. Is it just for me or every player?

I am using Win7 64bit system, think firefox and IE adding web antivirus and ad blocker plug in.

thank you in advance.

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only play on cardschat days but hate the fact that I cant resize anything :) good luck everyone in todays freeroll .

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only play on cardschat days but hate the fact that I cant resize anything :) good luck everyone in todays freeroll .

oops it was just the lobby I couldn't resize , tables worked fine , sry

rancidcarp

rancidcarp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sit N Crush

I woke up this morning to find 24 extra dollars in my account due to sit n crush placing. So I was happy. Been playing more and more at ACR. And will continue to do so. Took a while to get used to it but I'm comfortable with it now.

T

thechamps

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What does re-entry tournament mean? You can lose and re-enter??? lol... that would be like re-buying... except maybe you could wait a while to re-enter??? I wish all the sites would go back to the old way. You enter on time or you don't play. I hate late registration!!!!
I totally agree, Hate Re-Entry and late registration. Its like I play for so long just to have someone come in late just to go all in a few times to see if he can get his chip count up, totally destroys the table.

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all reentering and rebuying is a totally different thing, but agree with the way 2 long late regs here.

Will you ever have less volume based promotions?

Cause I think the two big ones running (cash and SNG) are really based on volume, course this will get games running on one hand, but really misses out on the more recreanational players. (Or I don't understand the beast and S N crush I think you should balance these thing slightly more.

blitzenfish

blitzenfish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like the ACR On-Demand tournies and have noticed a significant drop in players this summer. The $3 & $5 buy ins would fill rapidly but now it is like e1 is at a $10 FR and no where else. Also, how about a $2 or $3 PLO8 instead of the $7 one that rarely fills?

I also agree with others here that chat leaves a lot to be desired.

Overall a positive but definitely room for improvement :)

almost forgot..... think 5+ years ago.... how about some X$ buy-in freezeout mtts with no guarantee and only 10 min late reg. Sure the player registration may be down but they would be running... hint, running games is a win-win for both ACR and players alike.

Last edited by a moderator:
redcross

redcross

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really like ACR only thing about the site I question is how people are able to enter tourneys 2 hours late. I know they come in behind and high blinds but people come in late and just shove to try to get lucky and double up. I'm not sure if I like that of not

REALITYPOKER

REALITYPOKER

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Suggestions

They do this to make sure they hit GTD's

I know it can be annoying when grinding for 2-3 hours and then a bunch of people come in near the bubble but it's +EV for you (sometimes) The times it's -EV is when the site doesn't hit the GTD and people are coming in late and once it closes they still don't go over the GTD

The reason this is -EV is because you now have more competition near the bubble but the prize pool stays unchanged. Doesn't matter if they are Short stacked or not in this situation it's still -EV.

However if the GTD has already been hit and these late stage players come in it definitely becomes +EV, they are looking to get lucky with >10bb's. you on the other hand now have short stacked players who are going to be GII with a wide range to build your 3 hour stack on.

The thing about WPN however is they do NOT yet have "hand for hand" enabled near or on the bubble which makes these spots super annoying with stallers who usually come in last second short. lol

You don't have to like it just know it's +EV long term especially since if the sites don't hit the GTD's they will end up going broke which would be 100% -EV lol

I agree with you there should be a Hand for Hand on the bubble semper. Also

I would like to see a few other things:

1. If playing in the ring games the opponents hands are mucked when it gets to showdown, I feel that is good information that we should be able to have and paid for, especially if they were leading the action to the river.

2. Please bring back the the 10c and micro 3 man sit n go's for the micro grinders, just noticed they were taken off a few days ago. Maybe implement more of these in the 25c 50c and $1 levels.

3. Im sure it has been said, but maybe increase freeroll amounts to bring in more traffic to the site.

Thanks for listening ACR. I love playing at your site and look forward to continuing to do so.

T

thechamps

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. If playing in the ring games the opponents hands are mucked when it gets to showdown, I feel that is good information that we should be able to have and paid for, especially if they were leading the action to the river.
Those are all very good points especially this one. I wonder why that is? Especially sometimes I'm paying just to see there cards. I like ACR I think its a good site and there are always games to play (even Omaha).

A

ACR Rep

AmericasCardroom Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Live coverage of The Cage tonight at 8:00pm ET.

For three hours tonight, Americas Cardroom (ACR) will have the biggest cash game on the internet. The Cage, a cash game in a time-based tournament format, is ACR's latest innovation and gets underway tonight at 8:00pm ET. Interest has exceeded all expectations with a combined prize pool already at $230,000 with the potential to break $250,000 by the event kick off.

Follow the live coverage at AmericasCardroom Blog http://www.americascardroom.eu/blog/

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I didn't realize this event was going to run every wens. of every month??

On the coverage they are talking about a smaller buy in which would be nice but the lowest you could really go is $2,500 since you need the buy in to be the same as your Starting chips..

Unless you do a weird $100 buy in get 5k chips then divide your final chip stack by 50 or something like that since 50x$100= $5,000

Or if you go really small say $10 buy in Starting stack 5K and divide your final chip count by 500 lol

Status
Not open for further replies.