Last edited by a moderator:
azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah GL to ActionFreak, it was starting to look really bad, these challenges are starting to get legerndary!

RedGnom

RedGnom

Run, Forester! Run!
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
My expectation that in future such kind of challenges in poker (pro vs talented) supposed to be fresh impetus for new poker rising stars. Keep it up Challengers!

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dan “Jungleman” Cates was no match for Phil Galfond on this day. And the 'beast' goes on! :)

Phil Galfond Defeats Dan ‘Jungleman’ Cates in Mini Galfond Challenge

Has 'Action Freak', the latest challenger, upped his game?

Consecutive Big Wins Helps ‘ActionFreak’ Tighten Galfond’s Lead

Monday was a rough day at the online poker tables for Phil Galfond in the Galfond Challenge. “ActionFreak” bounced back in a big way on Day 9 of the Galfond Challenge.

ActionFreak is definitely giving Phil some action.

‘ActionFreak’ Bounces Back With Dominating Performance on Day 9 of Galfond Challenge

Phil Galfond had a small, but important, winning session on Day 10 of the Galfond Challenge.

Phil Galfond Books Small Win, Increases Lead vs. ‘ActionFreak’

Thanks for the updates! I moved at the beginning of May. With the Wuhan lockdown that was crazier than just moving already is :eek: I have not spent as much time playing and watching poker. I have counted on seeing you post the latest news,
Hopefully, things are back to "normal" for now. I need to get back into my daily routine.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Thanks for the updates! I moved at the beginning of May. With the Wuhan lockdown that was crazier than just moving already is :eek: I have not spent as much time playing and watching poker. I have counted on seeing you post the latest news,
Hopefully, things are back to "normal" for now. I need to get back into my daily routine.

I was wondering where you were...lol.

You moved to Wuhan? or you mean the Covid-19 virus? We are all feeling the pressures of the coronavirus lockdown, unfortunately. Stay safe whatever and wherever you are!

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Still Galfond , after having played 2/3 of the agreed hands , has a good lead , but it cannot guaranteed him the win , imo everything can happen . Action Freak has to put n ow some good pressure , be more lucky , and he'll be able to go better :) Good luck to him :) The sidebet is not $1M , but still $150k is a lot of money :) Galfond has a lot of money to spare :D , come on Action Freak , Let's Do this :)

L

lolshovaments

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil Galfond is insane.
But after the VeniVidi thing... insane challenge.

Luke Schwartz still trash talking? :D

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So today is May 22, 2020. I am watching Phil vs. Action Freak . I have not watched as many hands in this challenge as the Veni Vedi show. It looks as though Phil is just getting better and better. He is really proving to be an amazing competitor. I think many people forget that there are just certain people that always seem to step up when it is a "big' game. You see the same guys in football, basketball, etc... once the playoffs start some people just raise their game, I know poker is not the same game but I think the attitude carries over.

Lets GO Phil, keep crushing it.

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This stuff is the only sport you can rail/ watch besides some belorussian soccer these times:)
But wait, the german bundesliga already plays again...

C

Chicungulla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hehehe those challenges are crazy and he almost ends up paying dearly when his rival took him loaded with a lot of money he went persian in the end he recovered

RENEY444

RENEY444

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
plo so complicated and unpredictable

I saw a few hand replays of the bigger pots and it seemed like the river always changed everything !

HobokenNJ

HobokenNJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Such an amazing rollercoaster. I envy the skill these guys have and the willingness to pay at such high stakes. Wow!

S

Slacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That was a fun match. Much faster paced than Veni match and Freak certainly lives up to his name. Looking forward to the next one. Wonder what will happen with Jungleman match with the recent news ?!

L

lolshovaments

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Galfond rules.
But i'm not sure about the challenge against Jungleman.

Even with the Dan Bilzerian issue, Dan Cates still very good player.
And he will probably beat Phil.

RedGnom

RedGnom

Run, Forester! Run!
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
That's good to know.:call:
His challenge it's fun and meaningful.:top:

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I think Phil has proved to himself and the poker community that he is one of those "game day" players. It is like athletes who seem OK , when practicing or even in regular games, but when it is for "all the marbles" or a championship they just rise to the occasion and just get it done.

In my opinion Phil has to be considered a GOAT. To be able to crush at the highest level of heads up poker for over 10 years and now especially, since the game has changed. He has earned all of my respect and he is a great guy too!