Phil Galfond: PLO challenge updates!

muse713

muse713

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What a %@&#?$! Beast. Watched the stream from start to finish, enjoyed every bit of it.

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Congrats for both, but especially for Phill who shows why he is a TITAN of this game. Huge respect.

D

DancingNancie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That was a lot of fun to watch! How he handled the downswing was something legends are made of! I was inspired by how he handled himself during the downswing as well as how he was handling the comeback. Hope he is able to get more traffic on his site!

bigredwolf

bigredwolf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just incredible. Even the last day you thought it was going VeniVidi's way and then comes back after a break and crushes it! Phil Galfond is a poker legend!:top::beer::icon_king

jovan123

jovan123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's the craziest comeback in poker history and if you don't play PLO then you may not fully understand but down almost a million euros to a player who regularly plays high stakes all the time ..just the variance involved is incredible and for it to come to the last 100 hands out if 25000 is so unbelievably difficult and if I wasn't watching I would second guess it...congrats PHIL GALFOND the true PLO GOAT

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It's the craziest comeback in poker history and if you don't play PLO then you may not fully understand but down almost a million euros to a player who regularly plays high stakes all the time ..just the variance involved is incredible and for it to come to the last 100 hands out if 25000 is so unbelievably difficult and if I wasn't watching I would second guess it...congrats PHIL GALFOND the true PLO GOAT

Even if one is not proficient in PLO, watching them for a session and paying attention can give the newbies a little insight, too. Both Phil and VeniVidi were amazing! and what a way to start this challenge!

I hope Bill Perkins knows what he is up against. :)

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Galfond succeeded in winning this challenge , even only with 1k$ difference . Head to head battle , very close , but he was ghe final winner , I believe that means he gets 100k$$ ?? Not bad at all , as for the breaks and the openalties don't matter , both players took their breaks

Now it's Perkins ??? I guess Galfond won't have any serious problem or difficulty to crash him very easily and soonm . If I am not mistaken , Perkins is more like an amateur poker player , not a pro , not so much experience , more like a figure to promote poker and lifestyle , lol :)

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Phil Galfond one the greatest minds in poker history with one the sickest comeback!!!
Now he´s playing Bill Perkins should be another fun challenge

darionara

darionara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
prefect I'm going to take a look to see if I can sign up

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
This challenge vs Perkins seems a joke . 5O k hands to complete the challenge ??? :D lol , or 400k loss ;)??? Ofcourse 400K loss , which btw it seems that it will be completed in less than 10k hands , imo , maybe less than 5k hands , lol . $90K plus for Galfond , $310K more to finish this challenge , hahahaha..lol

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
As much as I like Bill, I'm afraid this is not going to be quite as entertaining as the VeniVidi match. But, I will still tune in from time to time!

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As much as I like Bill, I'm afraid this is not going to be quite as entertaining as the VeniVidi match. But, I will still tune in from time to time!

I agree 100%. I think anyone who was expecting the same intensity as challenges against PLO online bosses will be disappointed. Bill P. does many things for charity and I think on 1 hand he truly wanted to help Phil G. bring some traffic to Run It Once poker site, and on the other hand if he could run hot it would be a great chance to donate some money to charity.

I think with the many different personalities involved there will be something for everyone BUT not every challenge will be for every poker fan. I will not tune in for all of these hands but I do think it will draw a different kind of poker fan.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
A third Galfond Challenge is also currently running. Phil Galfond is in the early stages of a high-stakes battle against Bill Perkins and the Thirst Lounge stream team. Due to scheduling issues with Perkins, the competition against “ActionFreak” will be played more frequently. Currently, Phil is holding a decent lead over 'Action Freak', in the early stages of the challenge.

Massive Winning Session Gives Phil Galfond Big Lead Over ‘ActionFreak’ in Galfond Challenge

SightUnseen

SightUnseen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The first battle Phil had with VeniVidi came down to the wire. He was down so many buyins and then started to make the craziest of comebacks over a weeks time. The very last session was a nail biter. It only took one wild hand at the very end then Phil was able to sit out the rest of the hands and get the victory including the side bet. Talk about a swingy heads up battle for those two. Congrats to them both on their dedication and willpower in grinding out that many hands in such a short period of time playing heads up. Those two are Mad Men!

Crash Burn

Crash Burn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Phil Galfond is a promising poker player, already with 3 WSOP titles he could be one of the best poker players today.

D

DancingNancie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil Galfond is a promising poker player, already with 3 WSOP titles he could be one of the best poker players today.

What is crazy is that he hasn't played nearly as much last few years while getting his site off the ground. Watching these challenges has been a lot of fun. It is amazing to see how well he handles the swings, I do not think I could play at those stakes, the swings would drive me insane!