tenor.gif

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think reading that tweet from Chance saying he needs to reload, I think we all empathize with him. He's an excellent player, without doubt, but Phil Galfond playing PLO is like he's playing Chess when everyone else plays Checkers.

I don't see him losing really to anyone.

B

bigplayer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Plo is the best. Hard to win money in cash but the tournament is something that you can progress in. Once I get my bankroll up I want to see where ai stand at the tables.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Phil Galfond is no longer the favourite to win the Galfond Challenge!

Galfond Challenge: Phil Galfond in Deep vs. Chance Kornuth

Wow, it is still early. People are still quick to count Phil out. I think Phil has proven himself, to be able to come back. I will admit the 4 to 1 sidebet is a little frightening. I think they still have 75% of hands to play, so I am still planning to watch Phil come back, he is Superman, and Batman all in one at the poker table. :star:

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It was a nice comeback from Phil.
Good luck to him in the jump. :)

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Phil has to fight hard to turn the situation in his favor. Kornut is a formidable opponent

J

Jutt315

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
???

What site are they doing the challenge on?

C

capujoss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn't think the Phil could pull this off, but he did !

N

Northnorth123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how often here does someone who does good shit on this site get banned like OP?

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
how often here does someone who does good shit on this site get banned like OP?

What do you mean? If you have a question about anything to do with the site, you can contact a moderator or a guide. Your question doesn't make sense in relation to the topic, unfortunately.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know if anyone heard Chance on Joey Ingram's YouTube channel. He is streaming Polk V Dnegs and he had Chance on to comment. Chance appears to be a good guy, he said that he made most of his early money playing heads-up PLO. I don't think this was common knowledge to the poker community. I am sure Phil knew, I am not implying anything sneaky. The fact that he got 4-1 side bet was great for him, I don't want to put words in his mouth if anyone is interested in Chance K. you can listen to him talk some on the link below, Joey and Landon talk too much and don't give Chance too much time but it was good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I don't know if anyone heard Chance on Joey Ingram's YouTube channel. He is streaming Polk V Dnegs and he had Chance on to comment. Chance appears to be a good guy, he said that he made most of his early money playing heads-up PLO. I don't think this was common knowledge to the poker community. I am sure Phil knew, I am not implying anything sneaky. The fact that he got 4-1 side bet was great for him, I don't want to put words in his mouth if anyone is interested in Chance K. you can listen to him talk some on the link below, Joey and Landon talk too much and don't give Chance too much time but it was good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBqosrvVKEk

Good info there, jsnake. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Phil did know of Chance's PLO abilities - in fact, it also wouldn't surprise me that Phil loves the challenge! Thanks for the link too.