jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
WOW !! 4/9/20 - session 37

Today was a wild day for the challenge. Phil seemed to be cruising along, suddenly for the last hour and a half, VeniVedi made a huge comeback. Everyone has to give VV credit. He lost a 900k lead , and he did not lose control. He is now in the green again or Phil is in the red.

hands played -23572 Total- -31,753.17 session total - -78,237.54

Phil 4920 s37

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This has been one of my favourite things to watch the past few months and I'm not even the biggest fan of PLO but Phil was someone I looked up to when I was growing up.

In some ways it's almost sad that the challenge is ending on Sunday and it has been fun to watch and something that has been missing from poker for a long time now, however there are still many more matches left to be played in the Galfond Challenge and hopefully more challenges of this type in the future from other sources inspired by this one!

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi hi :ciao:

YEHHHH Phil GO GO !!!
(he so cute lol)

blond.jpg

jovan123

jovan123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Go Phil!!!!
Its literally the greatest comeback in poker history to be down 1 million euros to be precise and to even come back half way especially in PLO is an absolute astonishing feat...phil truly is the PLO GOAT no matter what happens Sunday your the champ...but now let's talk seriously 1 million down and fought back to go into the last day down 8000 results in must watch Sunday finale...LET'S GO PHIL

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
700 hands to go , -$8.000 for Galfond , I think he can win this duel , a little luck in the end will be enough for him :) From -$900.000 to -$8.000 , and with the chance to even win it , this is an incredible comeback :)
After this he plays with two more , then Jungleman , I want to see whether Galfond will defeat him as well :)

Tunkki

Tunkki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really hope Galfond takes it down today! It's really crazy comeback story any way!!

C

crankmuppet

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Several hundred thousand dollars worth of chips and a chair. Never give up.

I'm rooting for Galfond but admire both players skills.

S

ShuffleUPanDeal111

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1.runitonce software is founded by Galfond
2.There is no chance for a real recap in such situation when your opponent is approx. 1mln UP
3.It's rigged with all respect for Galfond as a player and for what all he has gave to Poker community

That's my opinion

ps. note that Vinivedi is also a very tough player in PLO almost same level other PLO big grinders

I

iTradeChips

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
wow so this venividi guy is the new isildur now? i havent been updated in the poker happenings in the past couple of years. but i am a fan of Phil Galfond. a poker buddy of mine who is a very good PLO player thinks that galfond is the best player. he said that in 2013 and there are many new names emerged but i believe galfond is definitely one of the very best

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So, it is a day later and it seems pretty unreal. Phil G could not have scripted that better. It was just an amazing show. There is already plenty of posts on some other popular poker forums with all the usual comments. I am not even going to repeat them.

I enjoyed this Heads-up battle, it brought back memories from before black friday. You could go to Full-tilt and watch high stakes pros battle it out on almost a daily basis. I think this was great for online poker. It did not hurt that we are all prisoners in our homes at the moment.

Phil G. is going to play Bill Perkins next, more updates to come.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So, it is a day later and it seems pretty unreal. Phil G could not have scripted that better. It was just an amazing show. There is already plenty of posts on some other popular poker forums with all the usual comments. I am not even going to repeat them.

I enjoyed this Heads-up battle, it brought back memories from before black friday. You could go to Full-tilt and watch high stakes pros battle it out on almost a daily basis. I think this was great for online poker. It did not hurt that we are all prisoners in our homes at the moment.

Phil G. is going to play Bill Perkins next, more updates to come.

WHAT A COMEBACK!

Just shows how much of an End Boss he really is.

What a mental game, what a great job studying his opponent, and what a great job showing up everyday.

Such a sick sick story, and a great show, the rest of these matches are going to be EPIC!

mdafka

mdafka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agreed, So siick!! what a role model Phil is!
#goodforpoker

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I doubt it was a setup but if you look at it that way, I suppose we could think the same way when VeniVidi was way ahead?

I think most people in the high stakes community would never question Phil's integrity. I know on Joey's podcast after Phil started his comeback, he replied to some people in the chat that if VeniVedi ever feels like something was not right Phil would replay the challenge on any site Veni chose. I don't think VeniVedi ever said anything, maybe he will do a podcast with Joey and settle it .

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
WHAT A COMEBACK!

Just shows how much of an End Boss he really is.

What a mental game, what a great job studying his opponent, and what a great job showing up everyday.

Such a sick sick story, and a great show, the rest of these matches are going to be EPIC!

EXACTLY !!!!!! Phil G. - The GOAT ???

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think most people in the high stakes community would never question Phil's integrity. I know on Joey's podcast after Phil started his comeback, he replied to some people in the chat that if VeniVedi ever feels like something was not right Phil would replay the challenge on any site Veni chose. I don't think VeniVedi ever said anything, maybe he will do a podcast with Joey and settle it .

I think Phil would do and say that for all the 'nay-sayers' out there. I do believe Phil Galfond is a fine example of a poker player with class.