Ontario online poker may have a new look on April 4, 2022? (including updates)

DizzyDeb717

DizzyDeb717

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
signed as well.. absolute bs. I guess this puts us out of all cc tournaments as well? considering this is pretty much the only thing i do other than work, i'm beyond bummed out. just add this to the endless things that make me want to leave this crap country lately. :s

Hi Nicole i signed it shared it on tweeter emailed it to all my friends and family hope that will help push the #'s over the top!!!!!!

DizzyDeb717

DizzyDeb717

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I've only been using PS and 888, but if this is true, I'll definitely try those sites. Is there another thread here on CC regarding how it affects our CC games, etc? Thanks for all the info you've been sharing so far Shells :) This really sucks.. I mean, it's nice to have a smaller pool on one hand, but a casual player like me with limited time loves to be able to jump in quick sngs and multis, just to be able to play. I guess I might need a new hobby.. or at least I'll have an even cleaner house lol ugh.. so bummed. :(
I'm also hugely bummed that it looks like I won't get to play the black run freeroll :s I easily got 50$ out of that one last time, and played poorly tbh.. been looking forward to that one all month.
I know there's much bigger problems in the world, but then the greedy sobs go and take away our small pleasures as well. :( Small pleasures that put a few dollars that are much needed in the bank too. Government in general is so out of touch and out of control anymore.. ugh.. don't get me started.

I think it's safe to say Ontarians will lose freeroll club access to PokerStars, 888, GGpoker, etc. but I think we will still have access to ACR/BCP, etc.

DizzyDeb717

DizzyDeb717

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
just went to register for a micro mt i usually play every day, and it's gone :( most of the tournys i usually see in my lobby are gone.. looks like it's started..

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I've only been using PS and 888, but if this is true, I'll definitely try those sites. Is there another thread here on CC regarding how it affects our CC games, etc? Thanks for all the info you've been sharing so far Shells.

It's true. We (Ontarians) won't have access to the pokerstars or 888poker freerolls (or any other freerolls). So, yeah, that leaves us out of any of the CC freerolls (CC no longer hosts freerolls on the unregulated sites). As far as what we can play at CC, right now we are limited to the Events, like the CardsChat Team League and monthly special events, that are generally played with 'play money' on PokerStars.

And I can't take the credit for making us all aware of the changes, but belizebum can! :)

R

ritz_avalanche

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Withdrew all my winnings today and FT in my last 888 Cc freeroll helped .
Will truly miss the CC games

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
So, as of this moment (April 4, 10:16 a.m ET), I have registered for the PokerStars CC Daily freeroll. Not sure how long this will last.

Has anyone else tried to play on PokerStars today?

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
So, as of this moment (April 4, 10:16 a.m ET), I have registered for the PokerStars CC Daily freeroll. Not sure how long this will last.

Good morning Shells i just log on my self at 10:18 and played a spin N go won 1.25 and it all seems good for now keep your fingers crossed ;) and maybe we'll get to play the daily.

R

Ron112355

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

I read yesterday that for Stars it will be business as usual for a few more months, they have applied for a license and are negotiating a deal and so Ontario will allow them to continue as is for now.

888 is a nightmare already, tried to verify and it stops at step 2 when I try to send them a copy of my ID and won't let me continue also they won't transfer my money until I verify so am in limbo there.

GG Poker is doing an update, said to try again later..

emejota23

emejota23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For now, no changes have been made on any poker platform, hehe :D

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I read yesterday that for Stars it will be business as usual for a few more months, they have applied for a license and are negotiating a deal and so Ontario will allow them to continue as is for now.

888 is a nightmare already, tried to verify and it stops at step 2 when I try to send them a copy of my ID and won't let me continue also they won't transfer my money until I verify so am in limbo there.

Ah, this is good to know, Ron!

Would you happen to have a link to that little tidbit of news? (I can look for it if it's not handy when I have a few minutes. :) )

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Thank you Ron that was some good news for us who live in Ontario!:D

Rockyfour

Rockyfour

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
igaming is complete trash. Not enough people in Ontario to even play against. These sites have a hard time finding people globally now they are going to restrict to Ontario, crank the rake up, reduce the rakeback, and think people are going to play?

Nah, I'll play on the 'unregulated' sites thanks.

Thousands of dollars I was receiving as rakeback basically gone down to 0 because of the Ontario government and 888. Worst site for one of the worst branches of government.

Last edited by a moderator:
shane4050

shane4050

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought i was the only one, got almost 1k stuck on 888 waiting on "verification" I emailed them and they said it could up up to 72 hours, which doesn't make sense as I never had a issue and was verified and made plenty of withdrawals on 888 previously. Not to mention people were verified within the first half hour last night and playing...

GG poker stated on there discord that they are not switching yet but could anytime.

Pokerstars and party poker is business as usual thankfully.

J

Justaguy85

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I made a thread about the new 888 Poker update last night:

Just downloaded the new App for Ontario residents.

- didn't receive the instant $200 bonus they said I would get
- whenever I try to deposit it says error
- no sit and go option
- no blast over $20
- my sports bet/balance didn't carry over
- can't use my gold tokens
- PC app doesn't install
- very buggy

Pretty weak stuff

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I made a thread about the new 888 poker update last night:

Just downloaded the new app for Ontario residents.

- didn't receive the instant $200 bonus they said I would get
- whenever I try to deposit it says error
- no sit and go option
- no blast over $20
- my sports bet/balance didn't carry over
- can't use my gold tokens
- PC app doesn't install
- very buggy

Pretty weak stuff

I'm guessing as with most things that are new (or revamped) some things take time to work the bugs out. If all else fails, maybe a quick note to the support might get you some answers? I wouldn't count on the answers too quick though.

R

ritz_avalanche

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ps is working

Had my verifications completed on 888 was about to deposit for the welcome bonus email but reconsidering post reading the thread .

Was checking out completed tourneys ,to reach payout need to make to top 5 or 3 so basically casual ones like me are in for tougher time

R

ritz_avalanche

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm guessing as with most things that are new (or revamped) some things take time to work the bugs out. If all else fails, maybe a quick note to the support might get you some answers? I wouldn't count on the answers too quick though.
U will lose gold tokens I guess .I am also at level 0 again

I think that's why they r giving the welcome bonus.They paid out my Sports bet .For example I had $2 in unsettled bets and gave me $3 as a settlement which is logical .
I withdrew everything yesterday though

J

Justaguy85

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
U will lose gold tokens I guess .I am also at level 0 again

I think that's why they r giving the welcome bonus.They paid out my Sports bet .For example I had $2 in unsettled bets and gave me $3 as a settlement which is logical .
I withdrew everything yesterday though

I retained my 221 level last night. After reading your post I just saw it's back to 0. Not even 0, actually. It says nothing lol

I think it might be time to look for a different site.

J

Justaguy85

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

I knew there would be some bugs but this is pretty nuts. I sent an email last night to the regular support. No response yet. I just sent my issues to the MVP support team, who tend to be quicker on the responses.

J

Justaguy85

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I managed to deposit using Much better instead of e-transfer. Ended up winning $5000 on quantum roulette. Whoop whoop. I guess I can live with the bugs for now.

One of the good things about the new Ontario app is that there's hardly anyone in the tournaments. Also, I'm not losing money on the exchange rate anymore.

W

whitetailbuck10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I am for sure following this thread, I am a PS player and the only word I have is the email they sent a few days ago stating this

"You might have heard that online poker is set to change in Ontario, but we aren’t… just yet.
We’re currently working closely with the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) and expect to make a license announcement soon. In the meantime, there’s no need to do anything on your side. Just continue to play as you are. It’s business as usual.

Don’t forget about the upcoming Spring Championship of Online Poker and all the other poker action we have to offer here at PokerStars.

When there’s any updates, we’ll be in touch."

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Just a quick reminder for anyone in Ontario who might be looking to play the CardsChat 888poker freerolls, you will not be able to play those freerolls any longer. :(