Ontario online poker may have a new look on April 4, 2022? (including updates)

R

ritz_avalanche

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PokerStars is still running under the international umbrella, so everything there is the same as it was before April 4. Don't forget though, PokerStars could pull the plug on Ontarians with little notice. I don't think WSOP.ca is operational yet (not sure if there is a start date for them)
Yea PS is still working I think after scoop ends they r gonna pull the plug.
Did you try Bet MGM or party poker?

Tredford

Tredford

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea PS is still working I think after scoop ends they r gonna pull the plug.
Did you try Bet MGM or party poker?

I haven't been super thrilled with 888.

Party Poker ON has been great.
There are new account bonuses, no dep required.

MTTs still have overlay, but not as much as a couple weeks ago. Right now the buys in cover ~80% of the guarantees.
It's a great opportunity for playing the satellites - 30 players sign up for a ticket worth 10x the buy-in, so if you know short stack play and ICM it's worth it!
The main MTTs still have the same ~15-18% winners, but i think the fields are still a bit softer than normal - maybe because of all the satellite winners.

R

ritz_avalanche

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I haven't been super thrilled with 888.

Party Poker ON has been great.
There are new account bonuses, no dep required.

MTTs still have overlay, but not as much as a couple weeks ago. Right now the buys in cover ~80% of the guarantees.
It's a great opportunity for playing the satellites - 30 players sign up for a ticket worth 10x the buy-in, so if you know short stack play and ICM it's worth it!
The main MTTs still have the same ~15-18% winners, but i think the fields are still a bit softer than normal - maybe because of all the satellite winners.
Ok I will try party poker next then after my 888 bonus expires in 2 months .Ya 888 tourneys are like that initially coz of the free satellites so can make some money off PKO .But after the first 30 mins it's a grind.But atleast the timings are better ,get lots of tourneys after i get off work

GabaGabaHey

GabaGabaHey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
888 player traffic for tourneys is not great.
All tourneys are a grind now .What's the experience on other sites?

Have to agree. Tourneys that used to have thousands of entrants now are lucky to get to triple figures. And the pots are reduced to match. The government of Ontario really screwed this up for me since I didn't even have the option to stay in the original 888 site.

R

ritz_avalanche

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have to agree. Tourneys that used to have thousands of entrants now are lucky to get to triple figures. And the pots are reduced to match. The government of Ontario really screwed this up for me since I didn't even have the option to stay in the original 888 site.
Yep for a buyin in ACR for 6.6 buyin the top prize is 2.5k .On 888 for that amount that top prize is around 10% of that.

R

Ron112355

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Here we go it has begun
Hi Ron112355,

PokerStars is set to move to a new license in Ontario, on.PokerStars.ca. To stay in the game, you need to switch to this license when it launches on June 28.

To move to on.PokerStars.ca, log in to your account and click ‘OK’ when prompted about this change. You’ll then see a message confirming that your account has been migrated.

When you log out, you’ll need to download our Ontario platform if you want to play on a mobile device. On desktop, our software will automatically update.

Real money balances in CAD will be carried over. Real money balances in USD or EUR (and any other currency) will be carried over and transferred into CAD. You’ll be able to access these funds in your updated account.

Want to be in the know about our latest offers and updates? You’ll need to opt-in to our communications again so we can get in touch.

Most other things will remain the same. Same log in details. Same software. Same thrills. If you’d like to find out more,check out these frequently asked questions .

Make the switch and continue playing the games you love at PokerStars.

Game on, Ontario.

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
And as of tomorrow, pokerstars launches the Ontario PS website and we are fenced in. PS was the last place for Ontarians to play in Card Chat freerolls. Sure hoping there is something on the horizon for us in Ontario. quite a loss to not be able to play with CC folks...

R

Ron112355

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Here we go it has begun
Hi Ron112355,

PokerStars is set to move to a new license in Ontario, on.PokerStars.ca. To stay in the game, you need to switch to this license when it launches on June 28.

To move to on.PokerStars.ca, log in to your account and click ‘OK’ when prompted about this change. You’ll then see a message confirming that your account has been migrated.

When you log out, you’ll need to download our Ontario platform if you want to play on a mobile device. On desktop, our software will automatically update.

Real money balances in CAD will be carried over. Real money balances in USD or EUR (and any other currency) will be carried over and transferred into CAD. You’ll be able to access these funds in your updated account.

Want to be in the know about our latest offers and updates? You’ll need to opt-in to our communications again so we can get in touch.

Most other things will remain the same. Same log in details. Same software. Same thrills. If you’d like to find out more,check out these frequently asked questions .

Make the switch and continue playing the games you love at PokerStars.

Game on, Ontario.
Fingers crossed will still have access to Home Games

R

Ron112355

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
And as of tomorrow, Pokerstars launches the Ontario PS website and we are fenced in. PS was the last place for Ontarians to play in Card Chat freerolls. Sure hoping there is something on the horizon for us in Ontario. quite a loss to not be able to play with CC folks...

CC may have something in the works similar to the germany & brazil Freerolls but wouldn't count on it with our small player pool. On the bright side it has given me time to focus on Individual League & Special Events on Replay, same great people just minus the free money :cool:

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Just got the same email notification from PS as Ron112355.
Certainly sounds like we will be limited to the tiny little player pool from Ontario. I wonder if PS will have any tournaments exclusively for us.
I play with a small group in a home game. Certainly hope that continues.
Will Cardschat have a daily $100 freeroll for us?
Tomorrow will tell the tale.
Does not look like a good day for poker in Ontario.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Just got the same email notification from PS as Ron112355.
Certainly sounds like we will be limited to the tiny little player pool from Ontario. I wonder if PS will have any tournaments exclusively for us.
I play with a small group in a home game. Certainly hope that continues.
Will Cardschat have a daily $100 freeroll for us?
Tomorrow will tell the tale.
Does not look like a good day for poker in Ontario.
Time will tell what will be in store for us in the future when it comes to CardsChat freerolls, so stay tuned.

I guess we knew this day was coming so we shouldn't be surprised with the quick turnaround and 'kind of' a short notice either. :(

CRStals

CRStals

Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's good news that the play money side won't be fenced in but I am curious if it will require a separate login through pokerstars.net or something.

Regardless, I'm a bit shocked that they pulled this with less than a day's notice. I had a few tickets that will now go unused and I'm curious if they will turn them into cash or T$...

CRStals

CRStals

Total posts
Awards
Chips
And I talked to support and they had no info...

R

Ron112355

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It's good news that the play money side won't be fenced in but I am curious if it will require a separate login through pokerstars.net or something.

Regardless, I'm a bit shocked that they pulled this with less than a day's notice. I had a few tickets that will now go unused and I'm curious if they will turn them into cash or T$...
Am thinking we will need to use the .net site to access home games, downloaded all my notes today just in case:unsure:

R

Ron112355

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Just did the migration and looks like we still have home games without having to switch to .net version:cool:

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

My tournament tickets were converted to cash automatically with the migration.

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Just did the migration and looks like we still have home games without having to switch to .net version:cool:
Yes I am able to access the home games through the App ok after migration too.

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
And as of tomorrow, Pokerstars launches the Ontario PS website and we are fenced in. PS was the last place for Ontarians to play in Card Chat freerolls. Sure hoping there is something on the horizon for us in Ontario. quite a loss to not be able to play with CC folks...
I agree. I'm really going to miss the cardschat folks too. :(

R

Ron112355

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Now comes trying to get verified, what a pain in the butt, I keep trying but doesn't want to accept my photo ID:eek:

P

PSSucks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's been nice, but as of today Pokerstars has become useless to me. I really enjoyed playing in the CC freerolls, but unfortunately, I am still stuck living in this sh*t-hole called Ontario, where it's clearly the government's crusade to to remove assess to anything that's free or fun for its citizens .

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
So far what I have found is I cannot play any real money games since they are unable to verify my location. I'm hoping this is a temporary problem since I am very much sitting in the province of Ontario with my VPN disabled.

Prior to trying to join a SNG, I wanted to see how well the Cashier worked. I've filled in my personal details but do not see how to fill in my banking details...yet. I'm not going to fret about it yet and will give them a couple of days to get things figured out before I look for help.

Statsman1

Statsman1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
So far what I have found is I cannot play any Real Money games since they are unable to verify my location. I'm hoping this is a temporary problem since I am very much sitting in the province of Ontario with my VPN disabled.

Prior to trying to join a SNG, I wanted to see how well the Cashier worked. I've filled in my personal details but do not see how to fill in my banking details...yet. I'm not going to fret about it yet and will give them a couple of days to get things figured out before I look for help.
That happened to me with 888 Poker (they could not verify my location, despite being in Ontario) - took about 5 weeks to sort it out. The various solutions they offered were lame and not helpful (reset router, make sure router is visible and discoverable, whatever that meant, turn off firewall, etc) - I ended up having to send SO much personal information about myself just to get it right, in the end.

I hope you get your location issues worked out quickly.