Men playing in ladies poker tournaments?

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If the tournament is for women only, only women should participate there, and men should not take part there. Even if he identifies himself as a woman, he should not be involved, I think this is wrong.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
If the tournament is for women only, only women should participate there, and men should not take part there. Even if he identifies himself as a woman, he should not be involved, I think this is wrong.
Everyone thinks it's wrong, unfortunately our opinions don't matter, the only thing that matters are the laws that are in place.

(y)

Dobbler1

Dobbler1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Everyone thinks it's wrong, unfortunately our opinions don't matter, the only thing that matters are the laws that are in place.

(y)
You know, laws don't come from nowhere, and they can be changed. If everyone disagrees with a law, it should probably be repealed.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
You know, laws don't come from nowhere, and they can be changed. If everyone disagrees with a law, it should probably be repealed.
Discrimination laws are still in their infancy.

This wasn't too long ago, many disagreed about this being changed, should it be repealed.

whites-only-fountain.jpeg

lynch-db2a1722a61a2ea2e98a0cc7e20300a12023b7af-s1100-c50.jpg

:(

Last edited:
kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Completely wrong if you ask me. Poker is a male dominated game. Assuming here but women who want to play the game, as a beginner, women only games is probably the best environment for them
WTF mate, how is poker dominated by men?? And what women in their right mind would drop $500+ on their first game, and or 6 to 12 months into playing?? If they are using BRM, they won't do so till they have the money to do so. If I want to stake someone, I'm putting more on top of what I want to be paid back. Win or lose, they are paying me back and both ways.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
WTF mate, how is poker dominated by men?? And what women in their right mind would drop $500+ on their first game, and or 6 to 12 months into playing?? If they are using BRM, they won't do so till they have the money to do so. If I want to stake someone, I'm putting more on top of what I want to be paid back. Win or lose, they are paying me back and both ways.
I think he means in numbers Steven, not skill.

;)

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If they are using BRM, they won't do so till they have the money to do so.
Just to remind you - recreational players don't have to use bankroll management.

They can spend as much as they can afford on poker and win some / lose some.

F

Filipo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PL
Chips
in this tournaments should play only woman i think

Dobbler1

Dobbler1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
This wasn't too long ago, many disagreed about this being changed, should it be repealed

You're 100% right of course. Lynching is exactly the same as a women's only poker tournament. :rolleyes:

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
They shouldn't play, just as there are tournaments for adults in the wsop and in these tournaments that rule is respected; it should also be respected in tournaments only for ladies

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
With all due respect, every man has his feminine side, probably his feminine side, it should be bigger than the masculine:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
You're 100% right of course. Lynching is exactly the same as a women's only poker tournament. :rolleyes:
Good to see that you are thorough and had a look at the pic in spoiler, would you care to reply about the other pic, should that be repealed, would that make you happy.

(y)

K

Ketoupitou

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
That's a no for me. They have introduced those room for a reason and men are not welcome in my humble opinion.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think he means in numbers Steven, not skill.

;)
LOL, how does he know how many women are online playing!! I had only women nurses, with my trip to the ER and my week and a 1/2 in a hospital, and did everything they said :D!! It's why I've been on CC more over the past 3 months...
Just to remind you - recreational players don't have to use bankroll management.

They can spend as much as they can afford on poker and win some / lose some.
You could list me as a RP player, but I still use BRM.. Unless, I'm playing play money.
Losing money is losing money, if you don't have the skills to play a game and can only shove on top pair top kicker, you should not be playing to start with!!
22 has better odds to win vs AK, 70% on a rainbow flop. Yes, I have Poker stove, just for crap like this!!

Dobbler1

Dobbler1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Good to see that you are thorough and had a look at the pic in spoiler, would you care to reply about the other pic, should that be repealed, would that make you happy.
Of course the drinking fountains is also exactly the same as a poker tournament. We all know about the US's documented history of discrimination toward male poker players. I keep forgetting that male poker players were first brought to the US as slaves. As a Canadian, I forget about the fraught history of the US regarding men's poker. How incredibly insensitive of me. Once again, you are completely right, and I am completely wrong.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Of course the drinking fountains is also exactly the same as a poker tournament. We all know about the US's documented history of discrimination toward male poker players. I keep forgetting that male poker players were first brought to the US as slaves. As a Canadian, I forget about the fraught history of the US regarding men's poker. How incredibly insensitive of me. Once again, you are completely right, and I am completely wrong.
The question was would you repeal it.

It makes no difference if it's a poker tournament or not, it's about discrimination, but that may be a bit hard for you to comprehend.

You can't pick and choose which discrimination laws you want to keep or repeal, it's not a hard concept to understand, maybe ask your mommy to explain it, it seems like you put more importance into a game, than you do for other discrimination.

(y)

Dobbler1

Dobbler1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It makes no difference if it's a poker tournament or not, it's about discrimination, but that may be a bit hard for you to comprehend.

You can't pick and choose which discrimination laws you want to keep or repeal, it's not a hard concept to understand, maybe ask your mommy to explain it.
Of course you can pick and choose how and when discrimination laws apply. Laws are there to serve the public wellbeing. When they fail to do so, they may, and should, be rescinded or amended. What a weird thing to think. If laws were as straightforward and simplistic as you seem to think, there would be no need for lawyers.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Of course you can pick and choose how and when discrimination laws apply.
That's mighty white of you to say.

(y)
Laws are there to serve the public wellbeing. When they fail to do so, they may, and should, be rescinded or amended.
Which part of discrimination based on sex would you like to repeal? or Do you think there are different levels of discrimination based on sex?

:unsure:
What a weird thing to think. If laws were as straightforward and simplistic as you seem to think, there would be no need for lawyers.
Personally I don't see much of a need for lawyers.

;)

G

Gased

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PE
Chips
Why the tournament organizers allowed him to participate is the real mystery. Have you paid the organizers? :unsafe:
Or is it a publicity stunt to draw media attention to the organizers?
That's wrong, because I watch those tournaments too, but one to the touch says it's not for you. What's more, I think or thought until now, that men were not automatically allowed. What a shame!!!!

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
A few years back at the ladies event at the WSOP, a table of ladies agreed to all go to the restroom just before the break and beat the rush. So they all went in unison and left the dealer with no one to deal to. i can see where some of the ladies might get upset if there was a man at the table.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
A few years back at the ladies event at the WSOP, a table of ladies agreed to all go to the restroom just before the break and beat the rush. So they all went in unison and left the dealer with no one to deal to. i can see where some of the ladies might get upset if there was a man at the table.
That is hilarious! Thank you for lightening this thread up a bit. :)

Dobbler1

Dobbler1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Which part of discrimination based on sex would you like to repeal? or Do you think there are different levels of discrimination based on sex?
The part that makes it illegal to enforce a "women's only" policy for a women's poker tournament or league. Haven't you been following the discussion?