It's ON! Negreanu vs Polk - Updates and Discussions!

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
polk is evenly matched up with daniel, it can go either way but i will pick polk

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Would have liked to watch it. Only read reports.

Whether or not I'd be willing to place a wager would mostly depend on the terms, odds and who the bet was with.

If that answers your question... :)
So you don't think Daniel will win?
I meant a bet with 'me'... with money held by another trusted CC member.
Why would 'odds' need to be considered if you think Daniel will win?
If you change your mind, I'm open for it. Just send me a pm & we can arrange it.

In the session that Daniel won, he hit a 2-outter for a big pot that Doug actually had him crushed in and then a short while later he rivered another miracle card. These are insignificant in the longer run but this also did bring on some tilting by Doug in that session (which honestly was a bit surprising). Could've easily have gone the other way if Doug held up there (actually ~90% of the time it was).

A few years back it was purported that Daniel couldn't beat 50nl online.
But he's motivated and has put in the work to keep up with the younger generation... especially in tournament play obviously.
Have you ever wondered what Daniel's online tournament results are like?

Kenad_MNE

Kenad_MNE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im rooting for Doug, because of all the youtube material he created and even as a person he is much more genuine

O

orlando miguel rossler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had already said it in a previous publication with Daniel, he is a monster, I have tired of watching videos of him, fortune accompanies him and the star of the best, a monster with all the letters, my idol Daniel

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
He's been collecting all the Polk online play information and now he's using it. Like I said in a previous post, it's a turning point.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Does anybody know when will the next mach take place?

chippawa1234

chippawa1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am enjoying the hu match and rooting for my fellow Canadian and gg poker player Daniel!! Very close match witch is fun.

hubcio96

hubcio96

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The match is very interesting. I think everyone (specially Doug) thought this is going to be a walk in the park. Doug is great strategist, but I think he underestimated Daniel's tenacity to keep up with poker strategy. Lot of "old timers" can't keep up with the "young wave", but Daniel is a life-long learner, not just in Poker. Remember, the entire feus started with Daniel saying that he can study the game for two weeks and crush it. Doug challenge that statement. I believe Daniel is proving it. I don't know if he will win, but what is considered win? - loosing 1 million? I think if Daniel loss less than $250 in the entire match, I would consider a win for him - proving that he can study a specific game and crush it. Plying again stone of the best in the specific poker category and not losing the entire stack, some may consider a win :). One think I learned from this, that there may be one GTO Poker strategy, but Exploitive Poker Strategy varies greatly based on a game you are in, and based on the opponent. This is master level stuff, and if you are still learning I would advice you to watch it, but not repeat it, unless you can explain the "WHY?"

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The match is very interesting. I think everyone (specially Doug) thought this is going to be a walk in the park. Doug is great strategist, but I think he underestimated Daniel's tenacity to keep up with poker strategy. Lot of "old timers" can't keep up with the "young wave", but Daniel is a life-long learner, not just in Poker. Remember, the entire feus started with Daniel saying that he can study the game for two weeks and crush it. Doug challenge that statement. I believe Daniel is proving it. I don't know if he will win, but what is considered win? - loosing 1 million? I think if Daniel loss less than $250 in the entire match, I would consider a win for him - proving that he can study a specific game and crush it. Plying again stone of the best in the specific poker category and not losing the entire stack, some may consider a win :). One think I learned from this, that there may be one GTO Poker strategy, but Exploitive Poker Strategy varies greatly based on a game you are in, and based on the opponent. This is master level stuff, and if you are still learning I would advice you to watch it, but not repeat it, unless you can explain the "WHY?"
"Daniel is a life-long learner, not just in Poker". Yes he is!

J

Jutt315

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok

DNegs is surprising a lot of us I think. I mean after the first couple online sessions we all thought DNegs was done for but he has def turned things a round and made it interesting. Anyone who bet on DNegs is feeling a lot better I think

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
DNegs is surprising a lot of us I think. I mean after the first couple online sessions we all thought DNegs was done for but he has def turned things a round and made it interesting. Anyone who bet on DNegs is feeling a lot better I think
"Anyone who bet on DNegs is feeling a lot better I think". That's for sure!

dominisantus

dominisantus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As I thought, Daniel is able to show a good game, and he shows it, it is too early to talk about the results, but he does not have experience.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

AHHH, watching "us" recreational poker players commenting on a nose-bleed stakes HU match LOL- it is very funny, we all seem to think a session dictates the winner. These guys are risking 40 k for each buy-in, of course they have sold action but it still is huge money, that is 1 reason we cannot even imagine the risk and pressure involved. Both players are having some issues laying down hands and I can see why, yes pros should not worry about the money already in the pot. We all "know" that BUT you can even see it in the Galfond challenge, it's hard to lay down your cards with a new car in the pot LOL - it is good fun to watch for me, I started out "shit talking" but I just quit, people are personally invested in their hero (which I don't understand, especially if they are not willing to wager) but whatever the reason I don't want to get into a personal battle with someone when the outcome does not affect me in anyway. The truth is I am enjoying watching and i don't need to be in the back and forth, Doug sucks No Dnegs is awesome, look he won a session .....and on and on I will say more rake is NOT better!!:D

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Conspiracy theory - prove me wrong.

Jungleman has been ghosting for Dnegs until yesterday, he had to go out of the country for a video shoot with half-naked girls and Dnegs had to play for himself, so of course Doug dominated the Friday 11-20 sess.

Everyone knows Doug Polk always had problems playing Jungle, even when Doug was King of heads up !!! :eek: