It's ON! Negreanu vs Polk - Updates and Discussions!

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Last edited by a moderator:
L

lewis99

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
gday all...wow dneg over 100k ahead after 200 hands..enjoyed watching on utube

pcgnome

pcgnome

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, the odds 4-1 in favor of Doug Polk. I've heard Negreanu was up 125K and They seem to be getting along pretty well despite all the feuding they've had in the past.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Surprised at the frequency of passive play early on by both players as well as the desire to lay traps.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Polk, Negreanu Cordial in Competitive Opening Session of Heads-Up Grudge Match

Dough Polk and Daniel Negreanu were, surprisingly, rather cordial with each other during what was a competitive opening session of the highly anticipated heads-up grudge match.
The game developed slowly over a couple of hours. Negreanu won a big pot by going for a big bluff with only a king-high. Some time later, he got trips and provoked Polk to bluff. Daniel Negreanu won 2.3 buy-ins and left the table with a profit of $117,000.

See the article for more details.https://www.cardschat.com/news/daniel-negreanu-doug-polk-day-1-95353

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What a poker treat! So much fun to watch! I loved that Negreanu came in as the under dog and ran away with it! He did get cards but he also had some very creative play. I hope we get to see some on the online match. How can we watch that?

dartwind

dartwind

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel's passive strategy almost didn't work. After gaining a 30k lead early DNegs was incredibly passive and slowly was giving the money back plus some to Polk's aggression. A heater and switch to aggressive betting by Daniel, including a series of 4 bets, unbalanced Doug causing huge bluffs and then good calls by Negreanu at the end won over 100k.

The passive play was boring to watch but instructive. Daniel's reading ability was not a factor as he was playing his hand and not Doug.

Why no fireworks and hatred between these two players?

L

lolshovaments

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tight 1st round.
Nothing more.

Now 24800 hands left... online volume, things tend to change for a more realistic result.

And ofc Polk has the edge.

btw... live poker: Dnegs > Polk

pothead2012

pothead2012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The match felt a bit like the make a wish kid ( Doug Polk ) got his wish and played against his Idol i mean yea he talked some trash on twitter but during their game he was constantly smiling and seeking conversation..... both played well so it was nice to watch and i think it showed that Polk is the ultimate Dnegs Fanboy xd

Sdub2020

Sdub2020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great first match watched it on twitch. Anyone know if/when they will stream the online portion?

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Been watching the videos and sure Daniel wins over the 200 starting hands but lets not forget Daniel is also a Internet player and has played on-line with pokerstars over the years so I am not counting him out yet.
Will be interesting to see who comes out on top after the next 24,800 hands and I am still betting on Daniel with his Poker experience.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Was fun to watch, DN is awful good live, but I think we will see a different story when it goes 2 tables online.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Was fun to watch, DN is awful good live, but I think we will see a different story when it goes 2 tables online.

Daniel certainly did well yesterday, even though he eluded to how 'rusty' he was. That's right though...a whole new game when it goes online.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
More than any of us he's (Dneg) concerned about the game online to take place from now on, so I believe he gonna manage it very well.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If anyone finds a free stream to the next stage of this battle, could you let us know?

mickathyus

mickathyus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That was relieving. I was really joining to watch some live poker and I have to say that did it for me

mk0523

mk0523

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cant wait too watch more. Hopefully they play more big pots.

T

Tystick

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow

This is gonna be extremely fun to watch.. should have played d negs with the odds they gave out 🤷 gl to everyone that played them !!

J

JZacharyLucas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Finally some poker fun to watch, happy to see them being cordial. This sure beats watching Twitch streamers.

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I enjoyed the battle last night. I am pulling for DNegs but I think it will be a tough, uphill climb for him online.

I took a good lesson from laying hands down. I'm not sure what there was to consider when DNegs had trip 6 - I thought it was an insta-call in a cash game (and some % of the time in a tournament). Good show from 2 of the greatest.

LFG DNegs! :D

S

Slacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They were pretty chummy the whole way through, thought that was funny. Not surprised to see DNegs up after a few hundred hands of live play. Doug was a little spewy towards the end and didn't seem to pick his spots at the right times. Don't think it will end the same way on the virtual felt but we shall see. It should be entertaining to keep up with.

rrickir

rrickir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was just wondering where you guys had watched some of this? Is it just clips on YouTube or was it streaming somewhere? Thanks for any info... I'm not crazy about either player but I would pick Daniel a little over polk....