It's ON! Negreanu vs Polk - Updates and Discussions!

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel Negreanu gives him a class, the other is very boastful and arrogant hahaha

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
M

marcrues

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure who I'm cheering for but definitely entertained. The Joey Ingram youtube stream is always funny.

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I didn't think Daniel would agree to continue the challenge into the middle. I respected him even more after that.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is impressive how well DN is doing lately, would have thought he would have quit by now.

D

DancingNancie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel taking this challenge on Polk's home court is really ballsy. I think he has closed the skill gap quite a bit and am going to be very interested to see how much he is able to chip away as it get through 2nd half of the match. Taking off 500k is impressive, and hope he is able to continue doing well.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tweet from Jan. 13, 2021 - is Doug admitting defeat?? Or is he playing a leveling game by heaping praise on Dnegs ?? Truthfully, I have watched much (not all) of the hands and Danny has been playing much better. Heads up Holdem can become boring to watch.

Polk to CC

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Tweet from Jan. 13, 2021 - is Doug admitting defeat?? Or is he playing a leveling game by heaping praise on Dnegs ?? Truthfully, I have watched much (not all) of the hands and Danny has been playing much better. Heads up Holdem can become boring to watch.

View attachment 284271

Way to go on watching most of this, jsnake! I think it's hard to remain interested in most of these 25k HeadsUp battles. But, nah, Doug is going to go the distance although it appears Daniel is staying the course and possibly improving each session.

I don't know if anyone else would feel the same, but this little competition may actually gain more respect for each other and maybe the feud is over? (maybe it will become a friendly rivalry? :))

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Way to go on watching most of this, jsnake! I think it's hard to remain interested in most of these 25k HeadsUp battles. But, nah, Doug is going to go the distance although it appears Daniel is staying the course and possibly improving each session.

I don't know if anyone else would feel the same, but this little competition may actually gain more respect for each other and maybe the feud is over? (maybe it will become a friendly rivalry? :))
I believe so:)

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Definitely has been entertaining, yes, there are long periods of small - medium size pots that are boring to watch, but these are the pots that usually decide each session. The big pots and all-ins seem to even out over the course of the entire match.

One thing that I can forget about, is the amount of side-bets, and cross-booking that is going on, I made a statement about Doug needing to win a million or it won't feel like a win, but that is only as an observer. Doug has wagered a huge amount with Bill Perkins and some other people so of course, Doug needs to 1st , win the challenge outright, I think sidebets will be worth much more than the actual dollar amount of the challenge.

Jan14polk1

Swat1197

Swat1197

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can Daniel beat the difference?

S

Shantri333

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is this still going on lol...a bit stale and long overdrawn to say the least. Really defeated the purpose of gauging whose the better player in my opinion and now just seems like a publicity stunt between two egos who need something to brag about for the next few years

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yeah it's very drawn out, Daniel should never have agreed to such time wasting ,
of course that may be easy to say since he's loser so far, but Helmuth beat both
Doug and Antonio HU , and no one is disputing that, no need to play a billion hands
:p

H

hcuervo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Bank to death Negreanu seems to me one of the best poker players out there, good class, style, thought and intuition:D