what?? 12mil?? What?? and he is pro?

nitulbhatia

nitulbhatia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bet what you can afford to lose. All the strategy in the world doesnt help in poker sometimes. He has binked some world class tournaments, but online he has been creamed. I know ill never play the highest stakes of poker. Never did, never will, not worth the variance it can bring about, look at gus.

S

sryImPro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
omg that sounds so terrible...i'v never seen graph like that in my life, ouch...but, to be honest i must agree with horizon, that just can't be his own money...that's just because i watched "runner runner" last night :D

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
There was an Australian racing punter millionaire who revealed his system in several books and finally went broke because the odds on his winners were slashed by every punter who used his system.That guy finally killed himself.

Hansen's book, Every Hand Revealed, must have told the nosebledder's exactly what to expect...

Love watching Gus play poker, he is a cool dude.Hope things turn around for him.

BluffyouBAD

BluffyouBAD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always wondered what kind of cash the big time poker pros had stashed away in there accounts and under the mattress. Would be cool to see what they have won in all their play and earned through endorsements etc.

I gotta think he has 3 or 4 times that if he just dumped 12 milly? Although like Horizon12 said, he may be playing with some backing.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always wondered what kind of cash the big time poker pros had stashed away in there accounts and under the mattress. Would be cool to see what they have won in all their play and earned through endorsements etc.

I gotta think he has 3 or 4 times that if he just dumped 12 milly? Although like Horizon12 said, he may be playing with some backing.
Many say that he earns more backgammon against millionaires private games , in one night it profit a few-million dollars and poker is fun for him. Backing also can not be excluded.

zjohnzzz

zjohnzzz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
12 million they would need to put me in a straight jacket

P

PokahAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's poker you can win , you can lose ,but 12Milion ????
But i think that he will come back with another big win.

C

clownbaby

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The numbers are off a bit. Gus ran it up early in the game when Guy was just giving money away. 2006 was a great year for the Gus. Before the tracking sites were catching every hand. He also killed O8 for years and it is only been tracked for the past few years. Of cousre Sally has taken all if not all of that profit by now. He is now the spot in most games. Especially PLO.

Plus he spent our Full Tilt money for awhile. He had the ultimate freeroll for years.

C

clownbaby

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There was an Australian racing punter millionaire who revealed his system in several books and finally went broke because the odds on his winners were slashed by every punter who used his system.That guy finally killed himself.

Hansen's book, Every Hand Revealed, must have told the nosebledder's exactly what to expect...

Love watching Gus play poker, he is a cool dude.Hope things turn around for him.

The book is irrelevant. He simply has let the game pass him by. Gus enjoys life too much to put in the needed work to play nosebleeds online currently. He probably still kills it at live games though. I imagine Macau is good for his bankroll.

A

avjul66

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gus Hansen record holder at Full Tilt

Gus Hansen had reached a lifetime milestone at FT, $16 million. Unfortunately for him, in the red. After losing more than $8 million last year, he is already down more than $1 million in 2014. I guess he should stick to tourney play for a while.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think he needs to stop playing poker , take a break, and completely analyze his game, or go down to the lower limit. According to any, need to change something.

S

shaazy712

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Gus should take a short break and maybe play a few tournaments before he returns to cash games .GET RID OF THE BAD KARMA!!!!!!!!!

bullishwwd

bullishwwd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
He should just WIN the WSOP this year and "all this stuff" is behind him. Wally :)

Akorps

Akorps

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wonder if he wishes he never wrote that book :(

A

adepoker11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't be in your skin, this passing a very unpleasant time ,as for the game

JaxA

JaxA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dang, yeah it's def break time, our at last drop down a lot! His book was decent, peru entertaining and a good look inside his thought process.

woody19

woody19

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
gus plays a lot of omaha, and from what i have seen plays it very stupid hahaha

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think Cardschat should pool together a fund get it's best Omaha player and go against Gus Hansen =)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think Cardschat should pool together a fund get it's best Omaha player and go against Gus Hansen =)
I started playing it a week ago.... maybe they could put me in?

Gus sucks (I think that's pretty obvious).

Whoever thinks he should 'take a break' before going back at it again... Umm.. what do you think that will do for him? (aside from not losing more money during the timeframe he's not playing).

His book (although a derail... but there is already a couple of threads on CC that are pretty much identical to this one)... 'sucks' imo. I was expecting far more from it (& this is at a time when I was still pretty much a tourney noob).
Basically goes like this (his thought process I mean). "Oh he only raised me 4x here. I have alot of chips in my stack & I didn't lose too many that last hour.. I call! Oh I think I will donkbet 'POT' ... I hope he folds. Oh he called. Hmm... there's the turn.. shall I lead out POT again... looks pretty nice. Hmm.. or check/fold? I think I will bet out POT again."
I've read a fair few tourney books & I'd have to say Gus' was about the 2nd worst one i've read (what's his face Tom McEvoy's book prob tied for last). I'm sure there's worse... I just haven't read them.

D

don1980

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gus Hanse

Gus Hanse should take a break and refresh his mind. It seems he has a bad losing streak.

ccocco

ccocco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
too much money to lose, but hey they are dedicated to poker and parameters was surely lose that money, as well as Isildur ... win and lose but are always there with their millions ... lol

M

mmmhookers

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh gus what a fish proves Fins are crazy sob's!