Gus Hansen down $20 Million?

donkysnake

donkysnake

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never understood why the pros play such outrageous stakes. You know you are going to be playing sick players a large portion of the time. Do they live such lavish lifestyles that they need to grind 2k/4k? Why not grind 5/10 NL live in Vegas or something and just crush whales for hundreds per day? Hell, they could probably grind 2/5 NL and utterly destroy tables.

u realise that gus its actually living in Monaco, witch requieres allot of money :D

A

awmm1983

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never understood why the pros play such outrageous stakes. You know you are going to be playing sick players a large portion of the time. Do they live such lavish lifestyles that they need to grind 2k/4k? Why not grind 5/10 NL live in Vegas or something and just crush whales for hundreds per day? Hell, they could probably grind 2/5 NL and utterly destroy tables.

It's because they have lost all sense of reality ! And the mo' money, the bigger their head grows. :p

S

sylpoker1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it seems he always has an unlimited amount of money, the way he plays and losses so much. like he thinks of it as pennies,seems a bit sick. hope he wins some of it back tho, he is fun to watch playing..

BatteredMugshot

BatteredMugshot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
omg.....thats so sick, most ive won in one day is 19,800 from the Revolution $109, bout same score in the Revolution sunday 500. Should i mention that i lost about 19k in a day as well?> eeeekkk (dumb situation leading to that loss..def learned alot)

blackplanet

blackplanet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's an insane amount of money I can't even imagine losing a percent of that kind of money. I hope gus comes out ahead because he's a great player and great for the game.

R

rumsey182

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
these guys play in live private games so you can never know how much money they have or don't have based off just their online play

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
these guys play in live private games so you can never know how much money they have or don't have based off just their online play

That's true but you would think 10 million would be a decent hit. Makes you wonder how much they have lol

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
No one in their right mind would stake Gus Hansen for online poker especially when he is down 10 million.

He might get staked in live cash games but I don't know how he is doing live this year or recent years (Post BF)

My question isn't if he is broke or not broke my question is "How is he losing" is he seriously getting that unlucky? Is he playing bad? Is he playing players better then him? Is he going through personal issues/ life issues that are affecting his game? Does he have an alcohol problem while playing online?

Seriously what is it? I understand he is an aggressive player but loss after loss?

I'm starting to wonder if he has an online tell that everyone is just picking up on like betting "pot" while bluffing or a time tell or something.. He is getting destroyed.

No doubt! I heard it was 4 - 7secs. = strong, & 8+ secs. = bluff
(I'm betting his opponents will be pissed now if he reads this... Oops!)

WeenieSVK

WeenieSVK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think he will never get back those 10 millions ONLINE on fulltilt. He should stick with live play :)

Jair83

Jair83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bad luck but like everything in Poker ALL Dias never won, so I think you have to be prepared for those days of bad luck.

sure but just got the Moment of Hansen to recover everything Lost

TimboJonez

TimboJonez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I remember a few years ago everyone wanted to play like Gus Hansen, I guess that has stopped lol

R

rumsey182

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's true but you would think 10 million would be a decent hit. Makes you wonder how much they have lol
he may be staked, he may have staked others, i wouldnt be too worried

if the guy needs to make money he could play lower and likely kill them in capped omaha he is really good at that

ben86 said he was the best capped plo player in the world ( and he wasn't kidding ) so that is a huge compliment

honestly he is a decent player and would kill most, he just loses to the top players in the world basically

A

awmm1983

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No one in their right mind would stake Gus Hansen for online poker especially when he is down 10 million.

He might get staked in live cash games but I don't know how he is doing live this year or recent years (Post BF)

My question isn't if he is broke or not broke my question is "How is he losing" is he seriously getting that unlucky? Is he playing bad? Is he playing players better then him? Is he going through personal issues/ life issues that are affecting his game? Does he have an alcohol problem while playing online?

Seriously what is it? I understand he is an aggressive player but loss after loss?

I'm starting to wonder if he has an online tell that everyone is just picking up on like betting "pot" while bluffing or a time tell or something.. He is getting destroyed.

Does he get high from being the table captain during a live event?
Perhaps he can't replicate that sitting at a P.C.
Maybe he's bored. I'm not joking.
It's like when a footballer retires and they suffer depression because they can't create an atmosphere that comes close to a game. Just a thought.

A

awmm1983

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I remember a few years ago everyone wanted to play like Gus Hansen, I guess that has stopped lol

Is poker like Yin Yang? For a period it's aggression that wins. Then aggression is countered by discipline. Discipline reigns for a time and then, BOOM, aggression is back on top. Ad continuum.

Maybe i'm talking nonsense . :)

F

fordman427

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wonder sometimes when guys lose this much do they know when to quit? I think he will probably win it back though

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wosers....nearly $1M lost in a single session....and the $10M losses woweee...thats insane....some people dont event make $10M in a lifetime...what a loss! Now that would be hard to handle...losing just tons and tons of $

newbie in training

newbie in training

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wondor.if 10 million 1 dollae bills ways tons and tons ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

F

Frankie6636

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gus is a very shaky player and OVERRATED. The only reason why he is famous is because of full tilt poker. I really feel that he plays too loose and doesn't know what he is doing.

G

Gonzaloas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gus was and probably still is the best Backgammon plr in the world that fact will keep his bankroll alive and kicking, 3 years ago he were sitout 2nd day of EPT 10k final in Monte Carlo because he been playing all night backgammon against random millionaire that live also in Monaco and been reported that he won +2 million euros (near 3 million USD) that night playing backgammon. :listen:

L

loomis311

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He is a super loose aggressive player. His downswings are going to be huge and so are his upswings. I always like watching him at a poker table because he adds so much action.

E

edgarisimo33

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i agree,Gus is good player:confused:

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not think it's his money, someone can him backing , but if money is not your own, you can play very aggrasive poker )

V

vanillatte

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
sometims u win,sometime u lose.this is poker.

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

my fav episode when gus takes out every one of the seven other pros single handedly
sure with some luck, but thats poker