Gus Hansen down $20 Million?

GOIVIT

GOIVIT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess he doesn't know when to pick up his chips and leave the table. Stupid to lose that kind of money, period!

U

Unfinished Business

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ya, Gus Hansen plays a very loose and dangerous style of poker. Well, not entirely so, but loose aggressive can really break you bad because you are inclined to bluff your rags more often when you don't hit jack, and if you do hit, you are still in a fringe area because you have to dodge the turn and river cards which can easily wreck your hand.

U

Unfinished Business

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is quite the stinger tho. Bet he didn't sleep so hot last night

U

Unfinished Business

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ALso, I haven't the slightest idea what FLO8 and 2-7 Triple Draw are? To the "poker forum" we go. LOL

dd_decker

dd_decker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow thats a lot of money to loose in one night but knowing gus s skills he will win it back and then some

Ya, right. No way he wins back $10,000,000. We all know how cruel the poker gods are. He is going or is already bankrupt.

piotrk88

piotrk88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's crazy, looking at it all did not win the money back what he had lost. Playing with Kagome Kagome probably do not know what's going on .
I wish him luck, because it's most needed

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow thats a lot of money to loose in one night but knowing gus s skills he will win it back and then some

He's not good enough to play online nosebleeds. Honestly doubt his FTP salary is enough to cover his losses at this point.

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hes an old school guy nowadays, isn´t he ?!
I am almost always reading news about him losing.
Maybe it is not his own money, maybe he has some other account(s) on other rooms, where he wins something.

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no one has mentioned how much he has won (Im unsure)
and aren't most pros now staked anyways?
easier to lose lots when its not yours;)

bezobrazny

bezobrazny

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
http://www.pokerlistings.com/gus-hansen-suffers-crushing-889k-defeat-on-full-tilt-22677
Gus Hansen added another staggering loss to his seemingly endless downward spiral on Full Tilt Poker last night.
The Great Dane burned through $889,668 in 1,547 hands, according to highstakesdb.com.
Despite some positive work earlier this week Hansen is now down about $10 million since last fall and headed for one of the worst years of online poker ever recorded.
Hansen split his time between FLO8 and 2-7 Triple Draw but the highlight match was against arch-nemesis Kagome Kagome in $2,000/$4,000 2-7 TD.
Kagome Kagome Destroys Hansen for $599,000
The match took place at just one table but that was enough for German Kagome Kagome to utterly decimate Hansen for $599k.
The epic loss raises some very real questions about how much more Hansen’s bankroll can take.
Although Hansen was on an enormous heater worth more than $5 million prior to Black Friday in 2011, he’s lost that and more since FTP re-opened.
It was a bad day all around for Full Tilt Professionals as Viktor Blom dropped $113k. The major difference is that Blom is up over $3.5 million this year.

That's because Gus is one and only, the best poker player ever and a true gambing men. My opinin is that you have to respect that, also the fact that he don't cry abut his losses. Check this out and try to get the point why he goes crazy. :D

M

markocaja

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
poor gus, but i think he can win it back in no time

redcross

redcross

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So check out how incredible this is: during his huge loss in his last session he averaged losing a little under $600 per hand! How can you afford to lose that kind of cash? I know I feel sick sometimes after big losses but I've never been in the position to lose $600 and he is averaging that per hand!!
Insane, like they said how much more can he afford to lose??

donkysnake

donkysnake

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
theres no way he gets them back!!!:D

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
no one has mentioned how much he has won (Im unsure)
and aren't most pros now staked anyways?
easier to lose lots when its not yours;)

No one in their right mind would stake Gus Hansen for online poker especially when he is down 10 million.

He might get staked in live cash games but I don't know how he is doing live this year or recent years (Post BF)

My question isn't if he is broke or not broke my question is "How is he losing" is he seriously getting that unlucky? Is he playing bad? Is he playing players better then him? Is he going through personal issues/ life issues that are affecting his game? Does he have an alcohol problem while playing online?

Seriously what is it? I understand he is an aggressive player but loss after loss?

I'm starting to wonder if he has an online tell that everyone is just picking up on like betting "pot" while bluffing or a time tell or something.. He is getting destroyed.

I

IJustWantToTalk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Man thats tough. I feel for the guy. I don't wish financial ruin on anyone. I don't know his overall career statistics since day one pro-level playing but...as a pro you only win statistically 60-70% of the time. Could be that 40% math odd catching up to him at the worst possible time.

J

jordy_bogdan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
thats why i hate playn cash game :)) there is no limit you can lose on cash games , i just prefer tournaments (freezeouts mostly) were you can lose only the enter fee

R

ravpl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's crazy for me, a lot of money but if you can afford it let it play. Next time it could be a win who knows. I can not imagine the emotions that had to reach these 2 players while showing a card (even if it was not one hand)

A

awmm1983

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He's not really all that good, is he?

A

awmm1983

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thats why i hate playn cash game :)) there is no limit you can lose on cash games , i just prefer tournaments (freezeouts mostly) were you can lose only the enter fee

I had that attitude but i never learned how to play real poker at tournamets. Apart from stacking up early it's all push and fold. Grinding 6 max is so much better for learning how to play actual poker.

PrayForSpades

PrayForSpades

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sucks, but by the end of the year he will be back in the black.

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it might be the fact that he can't get action at NLHE so is playing the best players at things like triple draw and O8 where he is of course good but definitely not as good as those who have made these games their speciality.

BatteredMugshot

BatteredMugshot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Soon he will need to join Cardschat to build a new bankroll out of freerolls lol

HAHAHA..man thats just what i was thinking. Makes me feel better about my own swings too :D

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never understood why the pros play such outrageous stakes. You know you are going to be playing sick players a large portion of the time. Do they live such lavish lifestyles that they need to grind 2k/4k? Why not grind 5/10 NL live in Vegas or something and just crush whales for hundreds per day? Hell, they could probably grind 2/5 NL and utterly destroy tables.