'Black Friday' and associated fallout megathread

T

TorreyB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmm...wonder what would happen if i asked a friend from europe to log into my account and alter some stats/withdraw from a euro ip?

It would be easier to transfer it to their poker account, and then have them withdraw to their bank and just send it to you from western union. You'd lose a small fee from western union, but it's not much.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah if anyone has info about cash outs/what to do from anyone official that'd be great to pass on.

J

JBDood16

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is such B.S. god damn. I just started playing again and was building a BR pretty well.

We are adults let us do as we please. Shutting down poker sites is a priority? How bout you go figure out where all the bail out money went instead.

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
71 viewing this thread thats when u know there is a problem

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wait, I am not home now. Can we still play? Will FT still honor the Take 2 payments?

Damn I should have taken all my $ out.

I have a $100 check withdrawal pending... I am screwed, aren't I? I worked hard at micros to earn it.

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just want to offer some space for grinders to come live in England, we have a spare room and flat we could squeeze 10 or more in, living conditions will be squalid and we take visa and paypal 100$ a week with ramen cups thrown in GG USA :(

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh my god.

I don't even understand this.

Fraud? What the ****?..

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is BS. the US is looking for a way to fill a hole, were the **** is the PPA.

MuscleMan76

MuscleMan76

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is crazy.

I just spent all my player points on stars, not enough to get anything on tilt.

JoeShowdown

JoeShowdown

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel sick. I got big moneys on these sites. Ironic how I felt bad yesterday when I lost 200 on ftp. Now, I'm thinking f it who wants to play me headsup for rolls.

I won a ticket to that game of your life on stars and tried registering for the 100k game sunday. It won't let me. Can't even play a dam freeroll! Or do the 1500 fpp platinum star satty to the $1million quarterly.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How long to ya think it will take to hear from the sites?

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:eek:Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 83 (45 members and 38 guests)

Journeyman98

Journeyman98

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is bull shit! Why in the hell does the government see the need to "crack down" on poker?

the beginning of prokerbition

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From my banking statement:

02/22/2011 - Deposit - AUTOMATED CREDIT FTILT FTPAYMENTS - $C9's Whole Roll

I'm feelin' pretty smart right now. Now if only I can get the money I had on stars off....

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
(cross-post from cash chat thread)

Thankfully I have withdrawn all but a few hundred bucks between PS and FT that I'd like to get out but it's not a big deal. But I've built a pretty significant BR on a Merge site that I'm now contemplating grabbing while I can (assuming I can).

IANAL, but every legal explanation I've seen of UIGEA gives it jurisdiction over financial institutions and sites, but not players themselves. The interstate gambling cites they keep spouting are likely Wire Act citations, which has never been upheld to apply to online poker -- it was written to cover interstate book making and sports betting long before the internet even existed. DOJ always throws it out there in their shotgun attempt at trying to make things stick in these cases, but it's widely acknowledged that it would be a significant uphill climb for them to use the Wire Act against online poker players, since the language of the law is so specific to the type of gambling it targeted then.

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From my banking statement:

02/22/2011 - Deposit - AUTOMATED CREDIT FTILT FTPAYMENTS - $C9's Whole Roll

I'm feelin' pretty smart right now. Now if only I can get the money I had on stars off....

Gl C9 and everyone else getting monies off, I think you guys may have to get creative quick. I would find somebody you trust 100% and try get something sorted asap, pretty crappy day.

ruth99

ruth99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
volc90

volc90

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
plenty of other things they could be doing around the country, but the smell of money brought them here. Never fails... Good ole government

B

Brave_n_Crazy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What's really interesting is that the government of Antigua and Barbuda filed a complaint with the World Trade Organization in 2003 regarding the US and online gambling and essentially won in 2007, when they were allowed to deduct 21$million annually from any obligations they have to the US. In other words, it appears that the US is in violation of agreements they have with the WTO and have been for some time. Ah, the joys of suspect moral superiority, eh?

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What's kind of funny that under all this is the revelation that Scott Tom still owns UB lol

Last edited:
jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They can get around this if they change the website names. Didn't bodog have this problem a couple of years ago and they changed their domain and it is still going?

Black Chip Poker - Black Chip Bonus Code - Live Dealer Blackjack